Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Waste of time

Reviewed September 11, 2018
Jenifer S
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

Jim was rude.not worth the money.driver was in rush to finish tour.he said Jim will not pay for overtime.not a good experience

Reviewed October 2, 2016

DO NOT USE Long Island Wine Tours, Jim's customer service is lackluster at best. After discussing with him at length the needs of my party and our desire to try and go to three wineries he continued to assure us that we wouldn't want to leave the first and would probably stay there all day. Low and behold, we didn't (shocking I know my friends better than Jim) and moved onto the next one, stayed there for a bit then asked to move on to the third. The only problem is that Jim only gave the driver two stops, so our day ended earlier than anticipated. When I called Jim was rude and misogynistic, dismissing me as drunk (I was not, I barely drank). Do yourselves a solid and take your business elsewhere.

6  Thank ekk6183
Reviewed August 29, 2016

My Maid of Honor planned a wine tour through Long Island Wine Tours for my bachelorette party this past weekend. I couldn't have been more pleased with not only the wineries, but the services and accommodations. Our limo driver, Ish, was friendly and made sure we were taken care of the whole time. From making sure we got our lunch and enough of it, to getting us from winery to winery, to being friendly and outgoing, we really enjoyed him as a driver. Each wine tour provided us with four tastings of wine of our choice, and two out of the three wineries had live bands. In addition, the owner Jim, was present at the wineries and took the time to speak with us and even gave us a few free bottles of wines! He took a genuine interest in us enjoying ourselves and went out of his way to keep checking in on us and talking to us. I couldn't have had a more enjoyable bachelorette party with my girls thanks to Jim and Ish, and of course my bridesmaids! We're already planning our next tour with them with the entire bridal party after the wedding. Highly recommend this!!!!

Reviewed July 31, 2016

This is an excellent tour that I would highly recommend. Working with Jim was very smooth. We had a great luxurious bus, excellent driver and the day went perfectly. Couldn't have expected more.

Reviewed June 24, 2016

I booked a tour of three Long Island Vineyards for my It was my gift from my husband for me and 15 of my girlfriends. I have more fun that I could possible imagine. The owner Jim made the planning so easy and guided me to the perfect places for my friends and I. The driver was so professional and kept us on schedule all day long. We started at my home in Blue Point at 9am and were out all day long and he even let us make a stop on the way back to get Long Island pies. We drank wine, ate great food and laughed all day long. I will use Long Island Wine Tours in the future and recommend them to anyone who is looking for the perfect day on the East end of beautiful Long Island. Thanks Jim and everyone at LI wine tours!!!! Marianne Duffy, Blue Point, NY

Reviewed June 7, 2016

1.5 HOUR TRIP TO AND FROM VINEYARDS WITH NO AIR CONDITIONING!!!!

I recently booked with Jim at Long Island Wine Tours and celebrated mine and my cousins birthday this past weekend. DO NOT book with this company!!! Jim is the most unprofessional owner I have ever had to interact with. After spending $140 a person (since we were picked up in Queens) the limo bus did NOT have working air conditioning and the thermostat said 84 degree!!!! I complained about this before we were even out of Queens and on our way and nothing was done about this. I was even questioned like i was lying even though the bus thermostat said 84 degrees!!!! Jim met us at the first vineyard after I complained about the AC since it was 85+ degrees outside and the whole group was uncomfortable. We showed up to the first vineyard sweating!!! Although we made the best of it we expected the limo bus to be replaced while we were doing our tastings, which is not an unrealistic expectation. Instead what happened was that Jim joined us and followed us around pretending he was fixing things and they went out and bought 2 fans for a 24 passenger limo bus like that would do anything. When I confronted him before the last vineyard and stated that this is unprofessional and ridiculous that we would have to drive home on a hot limo bus, he became very argumentative and rude. He stated he would rather have been sitting poolside with a drink in his hands but he was trying to help us (not sure exactly what he did). He actually had the audacity to complain for giving us bottles of wine while all that gesture was, was actually to try and bribe us and shut us up. I asked for some money back and his response was that "he would think about it". Before having time to ask him about the money again he exited the limo bus on a random corner and ran across the street and I have not heard from him since. When i confronted the bus driver, he only responded that he didnt know what to say but that Jim took all of our money and he didnt have any other information.

****DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY****

I HAVE NEVER WRITTEN A REVIEW AGAINST A COMPANY BUT I HAVE ALSO NEVER BEEN TREATED LIKE THIS BEFORE.....TOTAL DISRESPECT AND UNPROFRESSIONALISM

5  Thank jessica B
Reviewed August 22, 2015

I had used this company several times in the past and had fun however when I booked a recent tour, I was disappointed in the way that I was treated. The three vineyards and the driver treated us with the utmost respect however Long Island Wine Tours owner did not. I was called in the middle of my wine tour and yelled at for 15-30 minutes for something I still am unsure actually happened. Long story short, there was a miscommunication between the owner, driver, and group, and instead of calling me to work it out or giving the customer the benefit of the doubt, the owner called me yelling and I spent two hours trying to sort out what had happened. Extremely unprofessional. I have never been treated this way but a business before. Not to mention this is not a cheap day out. I had saved up for over 6 months for this special experience and it was ruined by the way I was treated. With other options in the Long Island Wine region, I would not recommend this company.

3  Thank Ana C
Reviewed September 18, 2014

LI Wine Tours is by far the best wine tour company I've experienced. For ONLY $109 you have round trip luxury bus liner transportation from midtown NYC, 13 wine tastings at 3 wineries PLUS hot lunch buffet. All 3 wineries were absolutely beautiful, but different from one another. And the buffet was actually delicious!! (and included a little dessert!) Jim, the owner, is an absolute gem and not only is he knowledgeable, he's a genuinely nice person who truly cares about his business and his customers. I am looking forward to more wine tours with his company this Fall and next summer. LI Wine Tours must be the wine tour company you book with and beats all other travel deals!

1  Thank Rominna L
Reviewed September 17, 2014

Beautiful land with great vinifera grapes. Relaxing and such comfort for wine tasting. Was driving to Montauk, and saw the sign "wine tasting every day", had to stop. The place was amazing so much grapes. The area for the tasting was totally comfortable and invited to stay. Had a couple of sparkling wine tasting, and bought some wine

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Do not use this company. Limo 13 years old. AC not working. Miserable experience. Owner is unprofessional and arrogant. Nasty man. Unaccommodating. Worst limo company ever. Rip off. July 13-2013....

9  Thank Andrea3756