“Disappointing!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have had both good and bad meals here over the years. Today was probably the worst. The bread is very good. The service was very uneven. The antipasti was good...the dressing that came with it was not. The lobster ravioli was served lukewarm, but the flavor was good. My husband ordered pasta with oil and garlic (which was just ok), with a side of sausage which came out raw! My Shrimp Cassandra was excellent! This is a tough place to call!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The food is very good; it's an aggressive and lengthy menu, with everything from sandwiches, specialty salads, pasta, and nightly specials. The service is prompt and friendly. The food is often slow coming out of the kitchen, especially during busy times. The bar (beer and wine only - no spirits) has a great vibe with lots of locals, but us seasonal visitors/residents always made to feel welcome.

Most impressive is the unbelievably spectacular wine list. I don't know how ownership does it (either a hobby or sells off what can't be eventually sold?). It's lengthy, sophisticated, worldly, and yet many bottles are very affordable. The offerings by the glass are equally impressive.

This evening we dined with my wife's cousin and her husband. Three out of four meals were excellent (the fourth was good but not quite what was expected). I enjoyed the Manicotti with a meatball added; as good as I've enjoyed anywhere. We started with a shared Caesar salad (one salad actually can feed four people) and a Burrata appetizer special (Burrata being mascarpone-laced mozzeralla cheese), which was spectacular - so spectacular I wasn't too happy having to share it with my dining companions.

We love Village Pizzeria, and always make it a point to stop in several times each summer.

Tip - If the weather is good, enjoy dining in the garden patio in the rear of the building.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Tuscan vibe restaurant with a casual bar area in a small (tiny) town restaurant that one would think just has pizza. Oh contraro! Fantastic Italian menu and extensive wine selection come with this one. Food is excellent as is the service...the drive is worth it.

Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

We have frequented this establishment for many years. We came in on a week day beer and food tasting night, and the main, small dining room was full. We were ushered to the bar and tasted a few wines before selecting our choices. After a short wait, we were seated in a small, tight alcove- like area with two tables. We order eggplant rolitini served in a sauce my mother in law would call "green" or barely cooked. Our pizza with spinach, artichokes, and portobellos was served with a crispy, acceptable crust. I found it difficult to distinguish the kind of mushrooms, but it was still very good. My complaint about this establishment is that they should consider an expansion due to its popularity. It is almost impossible to get a table during the summer season. As well, perhaps a renovation might be a good idea.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Consistently delicious pizza, calzone and pasta dishes. Large portions and fair prices. They do not have a full bar, but their wine list is extensive. Well worth the drive to East Galway.