All reviews front desk long island the concierge lounge indoor pool room service lobby area business trip breakfast buffet the entire staff sales manager hotel is beautiful parking lot new york upon check atrium wedding patrick
Selected filters
Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

I arrived late after flying in to JFK the front desk was efficient checked me in within a couple of minutes the room was comfortable clean and up-to-date staff was very pleasant and accommodating a good example of Marriott excellence.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MelvilleGM, General Manager at Melville Marriott Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2019

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and that check-in was quick and efficient for you. We know how important it is to be able to get to the room and rest after a long day of travel.

Reviewed April 29, 2019 via mobile

While the accommodations at the hotel were decent, my wife and I decided to eat breakfast at there bistro prior to checkout. The woman who took our orders was a heavy set hispanic woman and while placing our breakfast order I sensed a bit of an attitude from her. No big deal at first given we all have our days, my wife and I received our food from the same woman and began to eat. Halfway through our meal we saw our family who we were staying in the hotel with after the wedding from the night before and decided to get up for no longer then 5 minutes to say goodbye. We were no more then 15 ft away from our table. Upon returning back to our table we discovered that both our coffees which were full and my wife’s meal was thrown away. A simple “are you guys finished” would of gone a long way. I approached the woman and told her we weren’t finished when I was met with an extremely nasty and unapologetic attitude. She literally said “I saw eggs and potatoes so that is what Ill give you!!” My wife and I who were having a great morning leading up to this was completely ruined, never have I encountered such a rude and unapologetic server in my life! My wife was so upset that she couldn’t have eaten if she wanted too. This woman should not be in the service industry and if I owned the place she would of been fired long ago. The manager Rosa at the desk was sweet and accommodating when I complained but overall service like that is inexcusable.

Reviewed April 29, 2019

Please be careful when booking for a group of rooms make sure you will not have to cancel. We booked for rooms in June 2019 on a Friday night and then needed to cancel since the event was cancelled and were told no cancellation was aloud they charged the credit card $2300.00 and wanted to give us a free night and 50,000 points on our rewards which in most places isn't even two nights. I work with hockey teams and have always used Marriott and have been very happy booking for the teams we tell parents to get a Marriott credit card to use since the program is so good. Well that is changing and I am telling the whole organization not to book Marriott because of this matter. I find it surprising that the hotel cannot book those rooms with a 3 month notice in June on Long Island with many graduations, weddings, etc. Very disappointing with such a large chain to have this happen.

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

Comfort level and cleanliness is always above the norm. Front desk could use some more training on friendliness. Upon arrival, the front desk personnel seemed tired, overwhelmed and unhappy, i guess he had a long day. I also encountered an issue when management seemed upset that we used one of the tables outside the restaurant to eat our dinner. Which i made sure before ordering if we were allowed to eat by that area. Otherwise Our stay was great and the attendant Sean was extremely helpful and always had a welcoming smile.

Trip type: Traveled with family

We apologize for any miscommunication regarding the consumption of food outside the restaurant. If you ever encounter an issue please do not hesitate to contact me at gm441@columbiasussex.com or 631-423-1600. Thank you for recognizing Sean's service, we will be sure to let him know.

Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

The facilities were excellent and the refurbished rooms were very nice. We also used their catering services for breakfast and the food was fresh and appetizing. The staff was very helpful especially Annmarie Leckie in regards to accommodations and Linda Roberts with regards to our family breakfast. I would only say that more hooks or towel bars are needed in bathroom
Bill G-NJ

Trip type: Traveled with family

We are so pleased you enjoyed the rooms and your event. We also appreciate your feedback on the bathrooms. Thank You for recognizing our Sales and Catering Managers. We will be certain to recognize them for the job well done.