All reviews front desk long island the concierge lounge indoor pool room service business trip breakfast buffet lobby area the entire staff sales manager hotel is beautiful parking lot new york upon check atrium wedding patrick
Selected filters
Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

The facilities were excellent and the refurbished rooms were very nice. We also used their catering services for breakfast and the food was fresh and appetizing. The staff was very helpful especially Annmarie Leckie in regards to accommodations and Linda Roberts with regards to our family breakfast. I would only say that more hooks or towel bars are needed in bathroom
Bill G-NJ

Trip type: Traveled with family
MelvilleGM, General Manager at Melville Marriott Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2019

We are so pleased you enjoyed the rooms and your event. We also appreciate your feedback on the bathrooms. Thank You for recognizing our Sales and Catering Managers. We will be certain to recognize them for the job well done.

Reviewed April 14, 2019

My mom, my sister, and I had an excellent experience at the Melville Marriot. From the time we checked in to the hotel to the time we left, we found all employees extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean, bright, and inviting. The restaurant and bar are very good. Our waiter for breakfast even remembered what we liked on day 2; it made us feel very comfortable! I will definitely return to the hotel when I visit that area again. Enjoy your stay!

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank You for the excellent feedback and recognition. We are so happy you all were able to enjoy a nice weekend together.

Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for a family wedding at a nearby wedding facility. We all were together on the 3rd floor, and the rooms were clean, remodeled and very nice.

Housekeeping service was good. Food was good for breakfast and an after dinner wedding.

Only a couple of things kept me from giving them a 5;

1. Long what at check in and we were in a hurry to get to the rear sail dinner, I think they were training a new person.

2. Front revolving door broken, making it hard to get in and out with luggage, only one small door working.

3. They had workers cutting concrete right near the front entrance while we were cooling and going with LOTS of concrete dust right at the front door.

But would still recommend the hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for your response. We are so pleased you enjoyed the rooms and meals during your stay. We do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and appreciate your feedback. We appreciate you understanding and wanting to recommend us.

Reviewed April 7, 2019

I had stayed the night before at a Hilton--similar level hotel, similarly kind of location (though a couple hours away) and I found it a much nicer experience than this Marriott.

One thing that irritated me was that I had no car and no time to go Ubering around and had to eat in the hotel... the restaurant is WAY overpriced, with almost no options for non-meat eaters. The buffet breakfast, with tip, was almost $30. So were many of the dinner options. I ended up with an overpriced and not very good 'personal pizza' and a salad, for way too much money. At the Hilton, a similar breakfast was free. (I'm gold status both chains.) To use the business center computer/printer at the Marriott is similarly a ridiculous charge-- $8 just to get online, plus printer charges. At the Hilton, free.

This is a really BIG hotel, with a lobby that on weekend nights is full of noise and buzz. My room was quiet enough, except when loud groups of people came down the hallway... but I hated the lights--all cold fluorescent. There was no way to see well enough to do make up--the bathroom lights were bad for it, the bedroom lights were bad for it--and in general, that kind of lighting is just unpleasant. The room was, other than the bad lighting, nice enough--had a couch, little table, big bed, good desk area, mini-fridge, coffee maker. Bathroom nice enough, amenities nice enough.

A big corporate meeting/gathering hotel is a big corporate meeting/gathering hotel. But it was interesting to me to notice how much less I liked this Marriott than I had the Hilton.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank jhpac
Reviewed April 1, 2019

My sheets had bright red marks on the bed comforter. They looked like a big bottle of red nail polish was poured on the comforter. The beds are also smaller than I am used to. They came up and changed the sheets. They did not have a roll out bed that I asked for. I also asked the front desk if I could check out early and the receptionist said it would be fine. She also said it would be no charge . I have cancelled reservations before with no issues. After I was told it was fine, the next morning I checked out and they said they would still charge me. I find that to be horrible customer service. I had made other reservations at another Marriott and was very upset. They refuse to accomodate their previous word. I will never stay at this Marriott again.

Date of stay: March 2019