“Upscale Hotel Inside and Out”

Melville Marriott Long Island
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Melville
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Many times when you visit a hotel little things are wrong with the room. At this hotel everything was perfect we asked for a firm mattress and we got one. The room where spacious and modern. The glass sliding door serves as a window to the inside of the hotel which is covered by a glass roof that gives you the feeling of being outside while being inside. You can walk along the inside walkway and outside hallway of your room. Really cool. Pool is on the main floor around the side complete with walls for privacy. The food was good also. The lighting was too bright in the dining room for dinner but that was a small point.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stayed for a night for a business meeting. Very much a business location, but worked well as such. Staff was over the top friendly, in a good way. Room was spotless, if not fancy. Dinner at the small restaurant was very good. Parking was easy. As Marriott gold, WiFi was free, and there was a good free breakfast in the concierge lounge.

If I'm in Melville on business again I'll stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed at the Melville Mariott one night for business. My company rented out salons for business purposes the next day. The room I stayed in looked nice, and the king size bed was very comfortable. But the bathroom shower faucet fell off when I was taking a shower. It took 3 calls for someone to come. Water was flowing. They were apologetic and offered me a room discount. I was surprised that this would happen at a Mariott brand hotel. I also love swimming and the pool was not at all like the photo. BUT, the food was excellent! The food that was catered for my event was well done, and tasted great. I ordered a dinner that was terrific. The waiter that night, who I want to acknowledge was great. His name is Carlos Ramirez and he was courteous and friendly. Thank you Carlos. You made up for the bathroom at the Mariott!! Would I stay there again? Yes, I would just check my faucet in the bathroom first!

Room Tip: For a quiet room avoid any room near the ice machine.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Megan W, Manager at Melville Marriott Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Good Day FemaleProfessor,

Thank you for your kind words about Carlos, he is truly an asset and we are lucky to have him. I am glad to see we met all your needs for your business meeting. I am very sorry you had trouble with the shower in your guest room, I am glad we were able to accommodate you.

Looking forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

It is not worth for the price we paid. There was no breakfast and no free wifi. Food was very expensive. Staff were very nice. Location is calm and quite. High priced rooms. I stayed there for 1 day for business trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Megan W, Manager at Melville Marriott Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Greetings Mr. Sydney,

I am certainly disappointed that we did not meet your expectations while staying with us for business travel. As a full service Marriott there is a charge for internet but it is complimentary for our Gold and Platinum Elite members. We do have a wonderful breakfast buffet with all the trimmings available in our Bistro daily for a fee.
We understand you have preferences when you travel and we would like you to continue to stay with the Marriott brand, some of our limited service options offer the free wifi and complimentary breakfast that are more inline with your preferences while staying on business.
We do hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed one night for a club event.This is the third year for this event at this hotel.Hotel is clean and has a good business location. But overall hotel needs a renovation. Elevators doors bathtubs etc show lots of wear and tear. We have a group lunch and dinner dance the food is terrible.They need a chef. Most Long Islanders our foodies, this hotel not on y list.

Room Tip: Ok for a overnight stay.Find restaurants in the area
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Megan W, Manager at Melville Marriott Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Good Day threesecons,

We thank you for taking the time to submit feedback of our hotel. We have taken your feedback for the hotel and are looking into ways we can improve the overall experience.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Great staff, really fantastic staff.
Rooms are tired, but clean and spacious, did I mention the great staff.
Fun bar area.
Awful food, pretty consistently bad, breakfast is worse than dinner.
Not my first or last stay here, but the food has not been good.
Would rate the hotel lower, but the staff really are good

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Megan W, Manager at Melville Marriott Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Good Day Vapochilled,

What wonderful comments you have made about our staff. It is great to see where we excel and where we have room for improvements. We have share your concerns with our Executive Chef and are looking into ideas that will create a better food and dining experience.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have been staying on and off at this property for the past 5 years. They had a complete staff change about 2 years ago and the new staff is awesome. Everyone has a smile and everyone is very helpful. If you can get on the 4th floor and have access to concierge lounge you will pleasantly surprised as it the best one I have ever been to at a Marriott. There is a young lady that runs it in the morning and she is the best of the best. If you need more juice or coffee she gets it for you. The rooms are very clean but you need to hunt for plug-ins at the desk for phones or computers etc.

Room Tip: Stay on the 4th floor, very quiet

Greetings Louis320,

As a seasoned traveler it is great to hear that we are among the best you have experienced in terms of service. Karina and Patrick in the Concierge Lounge, in the morning make a great team and we are lucky to have them.

We look forward to your return!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melville
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel
Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack

Been to Melville Marriott Long Island? Share your experiences!