“Dependable Business hotel, warm staff”

Melville Marriott Long Island
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Melville
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great stay. Was here for a week for work, so I made sure to request a microwave for my room. The staff here is so helpful and genuine. The guy who brought my microwave to my room was adamant about refusing a tip even though he took a lot of time to make sure I had everything I needed.

The only con: I had a room that was at the very end of the hallway, so walking to the main elevator on my floor took about 5 minutes, walking briskly. No joke. Not a big deal when you're just walking with no bags to your room, but when I wanted to bring my hot water from the Concierge Lounge back to my room, it was a precarious walk. Also, I had major issues with my room key not working. Had to keep trying several times and it was always a question if it would work, even after getting a new keycard.

The hotel offers a shuttle directly to your office if it's within a 2-mile radius, which was great since I didn't rent a car. Since I had access to the Concierge Lounge, I ate my breakfasts there most days. It was basic, but great since it was free: juices, eggs, bacon, fruit and pastries. At dinner, I was able to get my fresh veggies (crudites) and there were hot options like mac and cheese bites. I did order room service and had a tasty salmon meal. One night, they specially prepared a great spinach salad, due to my dietary restrictions. This is not a good place to be gluten- and dairy-free! :(

I didn't get a chance to use the pool, but having the option is great for my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Megan W, Manager at Melville Marriott Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Travelspye,

We are so excited to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations during your business stay! We strive to go the extra mile with each guest and it is great to hear we made an impact during your stay.

The comments and tips you have made about our Concierge Lounge, Shuttle Service and room location are great items for our future guests. I am sorry you had trouble with you key cards during your stay I can understand the frustration this causes.

We look forward to your return with us!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here for my high school reunion which was also held at this hotel. Upon arrival the check-in staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the concierge floor and we were very impressed with the room we were given. The bed was comfortable and had reading lights as well as the usual table lamps. There was also a refrigerator which was very convenient to have. The concierge lounge was excellent and went well beyond the usual cold continental breakfast including hot eggs, sausages, oatmeal as well as fruit, breads, bagels, all pastries. The staff was also very friendly and helpful.
The Marriott Melville is now our hotel of choice when visiting Long Island.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

We are so delighted to hear that we have become your hotel of choice when in Melville, NY. It means the world to us to know that we have made a difference, your loyalty to our hotel is most appreciated!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel we are so pleased with all of your positive comments about our facility and the staff. We work very hard to ensure your stay with us is memorable! It is fantastic to hear we have done a great job!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Good hotel for the price. Near major highways to easy to get around. The staff is very friendly and professional. Rooms are spacious and clean. Hotels has very nice lobby and indoor pool. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Megan W, Manager at Melville Marriott Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dorothy C,

What very lovely comments you have about our warm and friendly staff! We are very lucky to have a talented team that loves to serve our guests. I am very happy to see that your room accommodations were up to your expectations! We hope to see you again in the future on your next family getaway!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is an impressive property just off of I-495 in Melville, Long Island, NY. My room was amazingly clean, up to date, and roomy. The huge atrium has a bar and I enjoyed watching a game and relaxing before a busy schedule the next day. I was here for a business luncheon where, to my surprise, the food (I am all about good food) was impressive for a buffet with a carving station and an omelet station. Room rate for the group was very good, even lower than most of the bargain sites.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is over the Atrium, not facing the parking areas.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear vinoginoCalifon_NJ,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write a review of our property. I am so excited to hear that we exceeded your expectations on the food that was served during your business meeting. It is great to see that we live up to the very high standards Marriott has set forth.

We can't wait to host you again for your next business event!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Situated just off the highway and easy to locate. Stayed here for two nights to attend a wedding. The rooms are spacious and clean. Comfortable beds and rest chairs. Furnishing and layout excellent. Lot of moving space around. Staff at reception very helpful. Altogether happy with the service at the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the outside better.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Megan W, Manager at Melville Marriott Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Greetings Justin454,

We are most excited to hear that our hotel has met and exceeded your expectations. I thank you for your kind words of our staff and room quality. It was a pleasure hosting you for your family wedding and we look forward to having you back with us on Long Island in the future!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was the place we were told to stay for a wedding. Very pretty lobby, front desk staff super helpful. Had recommendations for nearby shopping, restaurants, Property seems a little old, but not too bad. However, the small elevator we used that was nearest our room was pretty dingy and smelly. I saw other reviews that mentioned noise. Oh, yes, it seemed that the place was filled with people talking loudly in the hallways. This is not Marriott's fault, more a matter of the guests. To be fair, there were a lot of things going on at the hotel, and frankly, when we returned to our room at 3am, we had to remind ourselves to not talk in the hallways! It was my husband's birthday, and the front desk sent up a special treat from the restaurant that evening. Nice touch!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Megan W, Manager at Melville Marriott Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Good Day Sue K,

It was great hosting you for both the wedding and your husband's birthday! I am glad we were able to make it memorable for the two of you. I certainly appreciate your comments about our staff being so helpful. We work towards being our best so that you can be at yours. We have noted your comments about our guest elevator and noise issues we are addressing those concerns quickly.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

stayed here overnight after a wedding. so happy we aren't using this place after our own wedding for a hotel block. not that it was that bad but the carpets in the room come on! very 90s! and bathroom wasn't too bad though my fiance called it 90s also. only 1 of our keys worked so I had to fish the other one out of my purse to get into our room at 1 am.

putting the ac on rattled the picture frame so we put the notepad under it to make it be quiet lol. my fiance kept taking it out to let me hear the noise he thought was funny. the tv remote was low on battery or something so it barely worked. I never had so much trouble just trying to shut a tv off. very annoying when you just want to sleep. and the elevator worked okay for us but a bunch of people were complaining how they'd press the lobby level and it'd go up instead to I guess allow more people on?

room service breakfast was good. checking in & out was pretty easy. it was okay for one night. check out fox hollow inn :)

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings poisonivy918,

We appreciate the opportunity to host you while you were attending a wedding. I am very happy to see you enjoyed our front desk staff and room service. I apologize that the room standards were not up to your expectations. We certainly welcome the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melville
Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel
Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel

Been to Melville Marriott Long Island? Share your experiences!