Melville Marriott Long Island
TripAdvisor
$125
$115
$115
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfront desklong islandthe concierge loungeindoor poolroom servicebreakfast buffetthe entire staffbusiness meetinglobby areaguest roomsthe general managerthis past weekendparking lotnew yorktiaatriumwedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Situated just off the highway and easy to locate. Stayed here for two nights to attend a wedding. The rooms are spacious and clean. Comfortable beds and rest chairs. Furnishing and layout excellent. Lot of moving space around. Staff at reception very helpful. Altogether happy with the service at the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the outside better.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Megan W, Manager at Melville Marriott Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Greetings Justin454,

We are most excited to hear that our hotel has met and exceeded your expectations. I thank you for your kind words of our staff and room quality. It was a pleasure hosting you for your family wedding and we look forward to having you back with us on Long Island in the future!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was the place we were told to stay for a wedding. Very pretty lobby, front desk staff super helpful. Had recommendations for nearby shopping, restaurants, Property seems a little old, but not too bad. However, the small elevator we used that was nearest our room was pretty dingy and smelly. I saw other reviews that mentioned noise. Oh, yes, it seemed that the place was filled with people talking loudly in the hallways. This is not Marriott's fault, more a matter of the guests. To be fair, there were a lot of things going on at the hotel, and frankly, when we returned to our room at 3am, we had to remind ourselves to not talk in the hallways! It was my husband's birthday, and the front desk sent up a special treat from the restaurant that evening. Nice touch!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Megan W, Manager at Melville Marriott Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Good Day Sue K,

It was great hosting you for both the wedding and your husband's birthday! I am glad we were able to make it memorable for the two of you. I certainly appreciate your comments about our staff being so helpful. We work towards being our best so that you can be at yours. We have noted your comments about our guest elevator and noise issues we are addressing those concerns quickly.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

stayed here overnight after a wedding. so happy we aren't using this place after our own wedding for a hotel block. not that it was that bad but the carpets in the room come on! very 90s! and bathroom wasn't too bad though my fiance called it 90s also. only 1 of our keys worked so I had to fish the other one out of my purse to get into our room at 1 am.

putting the ac on rattled the picture frame so we put the notepad under it to make it be quiet lol. my fiance kept taking it out to let me hear the noise he thought was funny. the tv remote was low on battery or something so it barely worked. I never had so much trouble just trying to shut a tv off. very annoying when you just want to sleep. and the elevator worked okay for us but a bunch of people were complaining how they'd press the lobby level and it'd go up instead to I guess allow more people on?

room service breakfast was good. checking in & out was pretty easy. it was okay for one night. check out fox hollow inn :)

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings poisonivy918,

We appreciate the opportunity to host you while you were attending a wedding. I am very happy to see you enjoyed our front desk staff and room service. I apologize that the room standards were not up to your expectations. We certainly welcome the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

It has been about 3 years since I was here last for a business meeting and the hotel has not changed, still very clean etc. I did notice all of the seasoned staff at the front desk had been replaced by younger staff. The younger staff was eager to help but did not have the seasoned greetings as the previous staff. My meeting was successful and I will return again as it is very close to all the places i go in the area. The one thing this hotel has, that the hotel shuttle will take you and pick you up from companies within about a 15 minute drive from the hotel. The concierge lounge was still as nice as before and the food during the breakfast and evening hours were as nice as before.

Room Tip: I didn't have a choice as the hotel was sold out when I arrived so my normal king size bed was not available so I checked into two double beds which was still very nice.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Megan W, Manager at Melville Marriott Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Greetings Louis320,

It is wonderful to hear about what a success your meeting event was with us! We are very excited that we were at our best so you could be at yours. All the tips about the hotel shuttle, concierge lounge and room assignments are so very helpful to our future travelers!

We look forward to being your hotel of choice in the future, and hopefully your travels will bring you back to Long Island soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We have never stayed here before, needing a hotel on LI we went straight to Marriott's website and booked this one. We are Silver Elite Marriott members and have been in Marriott hotels all over the world. The lobby is very dramatic, the staff welcoming, the room a disappointment. On first glance we were impressed with the large size of the room, the reading lights over the bed, etc. Then we got to the bathroom. When I pulled back the shower curtain a tub was revealed that should have been "junked" ages ago. The enamel was gone,,the epoxy coating was gone, we were looking at bare metal. This room (3027) should not have been assigned to guests at any level. When I registered our complaints to management they were "aghast" apologetic, and asked us to allow them to try to please us once again. Their subsequent email to us is appreciated and we remain Marriott aficionados.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Megan W, Manager at Melville Marriott Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Vego,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback of our hotel. We have addressed the issues in your guest room and are looking at the best solutions to rectify the problem as quickly as possible.

I am delighted to see that our staff and management was able to resolve the situation to your satisfaction! We appreciate your comments of our warm welcome to you and your family, we work very hard to ensure our staff exceeds your expectations! We do look forward to your return to our property in the future. Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Marriott Brand! We are lucky to have you!