“Vey good”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Melville
Rockville, United States
“Vey good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

We came to attend a wedding in Sterling and were given a group rate. The staff was very accomdating to extend our check out time, that allowed us to attend the wedding and then come back to change clothes and check out in a timely manner.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Saroj G:

I am glad to know that we were able to accommodate a late check out to you. Thank you for being our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Middletown, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Don't get me wrong. The room was clean, no smell. But for the average daily rate I expected a little more. The grout and tiles in the showere were worn, and in a few places, dirty. Continental breakfast should be included for this price. Indoor pool was being worked on without any advance notice (important when traveling with kids).

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Erol A
Dear Erol A:

I am so sorry that our indoor pool was being repaired when you and your family came to visit. I am sure that was very disappointing. The inclement weather was not ideal for swimming outdoors. If you return to the area and give us another opportunity, please contact me directly, and I will extend a
late check out for you and your family to enjoy the pool(s) with no additional charge.
Virginia Beach, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

The entire staff from front desk to the room service is wonderful. Each employee regardless of their role make you feel like your the most important guest. They are quick to attend to any of your needs. Another great factor is they are pet friendly. Being a weekly business traveler its nice to be able to have my dog for company once in a while. If you stay at this hotel make sure you eat their Mastersons . The food is "out of this world" and it has the best host you will every meet.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Janie:

What a great review to receive from you. Thank you so much. I will be sure to share with all of our employees. I am so happy to know you give a thumbs up to our steakhouse, Masterson's. We look forward to serving you each week.
londonderry, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

I found the front desk staff unhelpful when I had an issue with my bill. they charged me for an extra night but when I questioned them they said that it was just a buffer for extras I might want. Basically they did not read my bill or fix it for me until I called the manager days after I left. still waiting for the refund.....Not sure what is taking so long. Not happy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Christine D
Dear Christine D:

I am sorry that it took us a couple of days to refund the charge on your credit card. It sometimes takes up to 72 to 120 hours or longer before a credit is put back on the card. Please accept our sincerest apology.

Travelers are raving about these Melville hotels

Chicago, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

You can tell the hotel was built some time ago- but the lobby has been updated and features a bar and restaurants.

After checking in- I did notice a heavy musty smell in the elevator. It appears even though the lobby looked new- the elevator carpet showed sign of age.

The room on the 5th floor- executive level was spacious and featured a new LCD HD tv and a great new mattress and pillows. No complaint from that.

The rest of the room had a 1980's business look with ikea type couch and ottoman- not sure of that was the look they were going for.

The only real downside was the same musty smell from the elevator in the bathroom and some signs of mildew on the shower.

So looks like pieces of the hotel have been renovated- but not everything yet.

Friendly staff- even when I was checking in at 1 AM.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Carlos P
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Carlos P:

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We completed our guest room and public area renovation at the end of 2012. Our new design was intentional. All of our guest room sofas include a pull out couch. The ottoman is for convenience so that work and eating doesn't have to take place on the desk or the bed. I am glad you found our staff to be friendly. Thank you for being our guest.
Mercerville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed at the Hilton Long Island Huntington this past weekend and the hotel was really great. The check in process was very friendly and efficient. The guest room had a great décor and was spotless. My hat is off to the housekeeping associates. The lobby bar was inviting and a great place to watch the game on several large televisions. The pools looked great but we didn't have time to enjoy them. I would definitely recommend this hotel and return again when visiting the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Richard C:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about our hotel. The staff and I are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and found our team to be friendly and efficient. We look forward to your return visit.
Peabody, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

The hotel was excellent. Lovely, comfortable rooms, nice pool and spa. The outdoor pool is sort of hard to find. The breakfast was just okay, it would be nice to have more a la cart. Not many by the glass selections at Masterson's. Would be nice to have more choices.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Stephanie D:

I am happy to learn you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I apologize if you were not offered our a la carte breakfast menu. In addition, our omelet chef will cook any type of egg to order and waffles upon request. In August, we will be introducing a new wine menu for both restaurant and bar. I want to thank you for being our guest. We hope to serve you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melville
Melville Marriott Long Island
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville
Courtyard Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale
Four Points by Sheraton
Four Points by Sheraton
#3 of 6 in Plainview

Been to Hilton Long Island/Huntington? Share your experiences!