“Nice facility. Poor service”

Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Melville
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1 night on business.

The good -- Comfortable bed, upscale restaurant, nice indoor pool.

The bad -- Check in time was very lengthy, because multiple guests were at front desk in line because they had issues with room keys, like half dozen people, clearly issues with the security room key machine. Bathroom sink too small for toiletries. Was excited to see Starbucks was on site but was disappointed to find it not open the next morning

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank rexlane
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Rexlane:

Thank you for your comments and pointing out the good about our hotel. I am sorry you were disappointed with the size of our sinks. I also apologize that our key system was malfunctioning during your stay. If you stay with us again, please let me know, and I will do my best to ensure you get a room with a full vanity.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

The hotel was clean, the staff was helpful. I would definitely stay at this Hilton again. Highly recommended whether on business or for just a night away. The Hilton has a lot to offer..little bit of paradise without the travel

Dear Lorraine M:

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Staff was very nice. Room was noisy. $12.95 per device per day for internet access, really bothered me, I already paid top dollar for executive suite. Pool was nice but not enough towels or chairs. Not enough toiletries in room. Had to call housekeeping several times.

Dear Michael S:

I was pleased to learn that you found our staff hospitable. We do charge for Internet services, and we do understand your concern. However, I would like to give you some background on why our brand still charges. We are continually upgrading our Wi-Fi network to include bandwidth. We started last year with a 10 meg circuit, and we now offer 30 meg so our guests will have the speed and access when needed. Additionally, we have 24/7 support on our network and can assist our guests at any time. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Hotel is very modern. Love the look of the lobby. Location is great. The pool is nice just a bit too cold. The bathroom was clean just a hair on the floor. The halls were very quiet. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank all4abc
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear allforabc:

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I was pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and find our location to be great. I do apologize for the hair on the bathroom floor. We hope to serve you again.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I am not sure if I just had an unlucky night, or if this hotel is always noisy all night long. I woke up multiple times throughout the night to people yelling and screaming in the halls. I told the front desk the next morning and they just apologized quickly, and moved on to check out like it was no big deal and nothing can be done about it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Kraig R:

I apologize that you did not get a comfortable night's sleep. We have security that patrols the corridors overnight. They should have a done a better job reducing noise. We try and block group rooms in the same area to contain noise. However, every once in awhile, certain room type requests and time room is available allow non group guests to be reserved in close proximity to a large group. I am sorry that the front desk representative wasn't more empathetic.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I was travelling alone for business and this is a very reasonably priced hotel for business travel. It's centrally located with a nice restaurant - although there are good restaurants nearby. The hotel has nice amenities and an experienced staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear Lee B:

Thank you for being our guest and writing such a complimentary review of our hotel. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed our amenities and find our staff to be experienced. We hope to serve you again.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We had a great stay in the hotel. Very clean and comfortable beds. The reception of hotes is very fast to check in, the night I was there was a heavy snowfall and the staff helped me clean my car with great kindness.

Dear Olquidea D:

Thank you for writing about our hotel and our staff. I am happy to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for being our guest.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melville
Melville Marriott Long Island
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island

Been to Hilton Long Island/Huntington? Share your experiences!