“Great place for the weekend.”

Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Melville
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Very nice hotel close to restaurants and big box stores for emergencies. Went for a wedding, so spent most of the weekend out of the hotel. Great place to stay. There were a lot of weddings at the hotel that weekend. I didnt mind since I was there for that reason as well. But not a quiet get away if that is what you are looking forl.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Tania M:

I was happy to learn you enjoyed our hotel and mentioning that we have an ideal location to several nearby stores and eateries. Thank you for your comments.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Long Island/Huntington

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Checked in early (1:30pm) and the room was ready which was nice. Another guest was at the front desk complaining that her room key didn't work and this was her fourth try to get a key that opens. Went up to my room on the 4th floor. First thing I noticed walking down the hall was many room service trays were left outside the guest rooms. Kind of gross. Got to my room; it was very spacious and had recent updates. Not much of a view. The bed was comfy and the rug was clean. I did notice the the inside of the bathroom door was very dirty. It had something splashed on it and hand prints. The room got very cold at night and they heat did not work. It took three calls over two hours just to get a space heater. The maintenance man who finally dropped off the space heater did offer to look at the heating unit in the room, but by this time, I was very tired and wanted to go to sleep. The space heater worked fine. Breakfast buffet (hot & cold selections) is good and the waiter and hostess is friendly. What I really didn't like is that anyone off the street can access the elevator to the guest room floors. I was in the elevator with a food delivery man. I guess you can order take out and anyone can come up to the guest rooms. For me, that was uncomfortable. I prefer a hotel elevator require the guest room key be entered before it will allow a floor to be selected.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MillersChild

Dear MillersChild:

I was happy to learn that we were able to accommodate your earily check in and that you found our room to be spacious, bed comfortable, and good breakfast buffet selections. I have shared your feedback with our executive housekeeper and restaurant manager in an effort to enhance our performance. I do apologize that your space heater request was delayed.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

This hotel stay was a time my sisters and family could connect for the burial of our mother.
We were originally New york State residents,and, when our mother passed in california our family needed a hotel to come together for her memorial service and burial at St Charles Cemetary, The accomodations were excellent, the food very good at Masterson's Restauarant for after her burial. The staff were very kind to our needs and bereavment during this difficult time. Thank you...to Mary Ann, Kyle and Oksana...

Room Tip: Ask for bereavement rate during hotel stay....
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Lisa S:

I was pleased to learn that you found our accommodations excellent, food very good at our steakhouse, and our staff to be kind. I am very sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family are finding comfort. I will be sure to thank the employees you mentioned. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The room was overpriced. We went to eat elsewhere because hotel restaurant was expensive. Heating system did not work properly and there was noise from a party or another room till after midnight. In all fairness, we did not report the noise or heating system problems till checkout time.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear TripAdvisor Member:

I am sorry you found us to be expensive. We believe our rates are competitive for this area. I do apologize that the heating system in your room was not working properly and that there some noisy neighbors on your weekend stay. I do appreciate your feedback and being our guest. Thank you.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I travel to Long Island a couple times a month from Dallas, TX and I’ve stayed at several different hotels over the years. I’ve now found one that stands above the others and because of their friendly staff & great service I will book this one every time from now on. I would recommend staying here to anyone..

Room Tip: All rooms are great but if you get a chance try 101...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Jim F, Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Hi Stephen,

We very much appreciate your kind comments on our staff and service levels. We strive to raise the service bar and having a caring employee staff makes all the difference.

We look forward to your return !

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding. As we have lived on Long Island in the past, we know what a good hotel is and isn't for the area. First, the staff were as pleasant as could be. Second, the price was extremely competitive (we were there for a wedding and had a wedding price; we came in a day earlier than everyone and the hotel gave us the discounted price for our extra night). Third, it is a very comfortable hotel, with good amenities and clean rooms. No complaints at all re. this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Roy H
Jim F, Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Roy,

We are very appreciative of your kind comments regarding our pricing, hotel and staff. Our team strives to meet and exceed your expecations and your feedback is quite important. We look forward to see you again very soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I travel extensively and had the pleasure to have helped choose this Hilton for a Mini Reunion of friends. Well on August 16th or 17th of this year I met a front desk person named Elizabeth. From the moment I entered the lobby and began my check in process, she was there to help and expedite. For a first person contact, she surely gets the job done properly. Well about 70 of us were there and she handled everyone efficiently and professionally. Even over the next few days she constantly keep in touch to make sure all went well. And it did!!.

So well that I advised the planning committee to use the same hotel next year (2014) which they are going to do for the weekend of August 2nd.

Please make sure she gets the accolades that she deserves.

Thanking You

Colonel Russell Posner

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Russel,

Thank your very kind comments and recognition of Elizabeth at our front desk. We appreciate your observations of our front desk operation. We have a great staff and strive to meet and exceed your expecations each and every time. We are looking forward to your return very soon.

Ellen Ruane

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melville
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Melville Marriott Long Island
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island
Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack

Been to Hilton Long Island/Huntington? Share your experiences!