“"Clean and comfortable"”

Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Melville
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed here years ago and the hotel was a little worn out and dated. Was pleasantly surprised to have a King non smoking that was nicely updated with cool colors and modern furniture. The bed was very comfortable and 4 long pillows on the bed was a nice touch. The bathroom was clean although more attention could be given to the grout lines in the shower, there were dark stains in the corners. The Executive lounge was well stocked and comfortable. The evening amenities were plentiful, it was enough for a small meal. Did not even have to go out that night for dinner. The front desk staff was very courteous and helpful as I checked in early. They were able to get me a room around 1:30pm. I have stayed here for business in the past and would not hesitate to do so again.

Room Tip: Area hotel is in does not offer a great views. Upper floors would be better.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear CCG2010:

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am happy to learn that you are pleased with our renovation. I am pleased that you found our front desk staff courteous and helpful. We look forward to serving you again in the near future. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel was booked for our family that was traveling for a wedding that was taking place near by at The Sterling. We were given a group discount since we had other family members travel up for the wedding as well, which was a plus considering the regular rates. The location of the hotel was key when booking because we didn't want to travel long a long distance to the wedding venue.

The rooms are spacious which again was a plus because we had our 1yr old child with us on the trip. The only issue with the room we had was that the linens had stains on them when we arrived and the ceiling the paint was chipping away but they weren't a deal breaker. (picture posted) There was a safe, refrigerator, 2 bottles of water and coffee supplied.

All the staff that we encountered were friendly and polite. No problems with staff the whole stay.

The bathrooms near the pool area could have been cleaned a little better, which are down on the bottom level. It looked like the pool itself could use some revamping from what you tell from the lobby area looking down. The hot tub again probably needed a little updating from what we could tell when we went down to take a look at it along with the pool. We didn't use either. We did see a few people in the pool during our stay. There is a gym also near the pool area on the bottom floor.

There are two restaurants I believe in the hotel but we didn't eat at either so we can't comment on the food or services. There is a bar in the main lobby of the hotel, which was nice and had quit a few seats to sit around and also eat at. The prices are average for their drinks considering its New York.

There are a few restaurants in driving distance 5 -10 minutes in the area it just depends on what you like to eat. (Applebees, Hooters, Dave and Busters, etc). There is a Walmart near by if you forget anything for your trip.

I know there is a Gentleman's Club across the street from the hotel called "Gossip" but couldn't tell you anything about it. Its view is blocked by the Bank across the street so you can't really see it from the hotel if you are worried about that.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Delaware 2011:

Thank you for your favorable review. I am pleased to learn you found our staff friendly and polite and our rooms spacious. I do apologize about the linen and bathroom ceiling. I have addressed this with our key managers in an effort to enhance our performance. We are lucky to have such an ideal location.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel was beautiful upon arrival. The lobby and restaurants looked fabulous. The room was a major let down. The work area did not have a place to plug up the computer. The room was dark with very poor lighting. The A/C unit was large and noise when it worked. I don't know if the hotel was renovating but, my room should not have been rented. I really like the Hilton hotels however, this one was a huge let down.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Ms. Adrienne B:

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay we us. We take your points very seriously. Upon further inspection, your are correct. The desk lamp was missing from your room. This lamp has two outlets for guest's technology. Regarding the fan coil unit in your room, engineering did inspect it. We did not find any problems. I apologize it was too loud to allow a propers night rest. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel due to a wedding that we were in town to attend, our day started out early and secured a room to return to after attending the event. After returning to the hotel at approx 1:00, we went to our room and were unable to open our door. We went to the front desk thinking that the cards were not activated, waited 20 minutes to even be assisted. returned to the floor, still no access to room. called the front desk & requested someone to come to the floor to further assist us. When the 2 employees arrived to the floor, one was trying to open the door, the other "security person" who decided to tell my husband to shut up about the door not opening, & that it happens all the time. This made a bad situation even worse in the matter of 15 minutes. I was left in the hall way until 4:50 in the morning, until the police demanded that we be given another room. All of our personal belongings including medication that was needed was locked in a room until 8 am. The Hilton should have had a manager respond to this situation from the start, instead of some rude & combative security person who refused to give his name when asked. and after reading there reviews apparently they have done this to other guests before.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank 605Srivers
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was there for a business conference and the hotel was very nice. The rooms were clean and comfortable, though some of the furniture was a bit worn. The internet was slow but it did work. My biggest problem was with the hotel restaurants. The food and the service in the hotel restaurants were terrible.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Cheree C:

Thank you for your review. I am glad you found our rooms clean and comfortable. I have shared your comments with our F&B director in an effort to enhance our performance. I want to thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had reservations for Saturday night. Check-in is at 3 pm. We arrived early and were told we could not check in early, but to return at 3 and we would be shown to our room. We went for a wal and when we returned - still no room. I had a rehearsal dinner to attend and wanted time to exercise and shower before the event. We sat in the lobby until 4:45p.m. When I asked to speak to a manager, I was told that no one was available to talk to me. Finally, nearly 2 hours later, we had a room! I had to rush and came frazzled to the big event. I did use the pool and exercise equipment on Sun. morning and both areas were clean and well-kept. I called the manager upon my return home, and left a message, but alas, my call has not been returned. Don't come to this hotel if you are expecting timely, friendly service.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ruchel
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Ms. Ruchel:

I apologize that we were not able to check you in at 3 pm. I am sorry that you were informed a manager wasn't available. There was a manager at the desk that afternoon and a manager on duty until midnight that evening. Ms. Ruchel, I am the general manager, and I haven't not received a message from you. Please call 631-845-1000 and ask for me. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we have been here and we were blown away again by this beautiful hotel and amazing customer service!
Let's start with the rooms - up to date room decor, large size rooms and a fridge was even in our room!
We had dinner at Masterson's steakhouse - this was not here the last time we stayed! Wow what a delicious meal - my wife and I had The Porterhouse steak this was cooked perfectly and the sides were large enough for both of us to enjoy!
If you have the opportunity to stay here you need to try this new restaurant! I am sure the locals must come to this restaurant!
We had breakfast the next morning in Basil's Bistro and everything was cooked perfectly and what you expect from a Hilton! The omelet I had was awesome and the staff was extremely attentive to us!
Thank you Hilton Long Island we will be back!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear HonestManBoston:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for being our guest again. I am glad to hear that you like our new decor. I was also glad to learn that you enjoyed your dinner at our new steakhouse, Masterson's and that you enjoyed breakfast at basil's. I will share your comments with our employees about their attentiveness. I am so pleased to learn that you will be back. We look forward to serving you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melville
Melville Marriott Long Island
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Melville - NY Hotel
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Courtyard Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale

Been to Hilton Long Island/Huntington? Share your experiences!