Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
All reviewslong islandthe executive loungeindoor poollobby barfront desk staffnew yorkhuntingtonlie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here recently for a wedding. The lobby was suprisingly nice given the more dated outside, but the rest of the hotel and staff were nothing to write home about. Average service, rooms were of average cleanliness, I generally expected more from a Hilton property. The grounds (particularly out back) could use some serious TLC. Our room happened to be handicapped-accessible but the shower railings were loose and rusty. Cups were missing from bathroom and room was generally lacking the standard Hilton touches. Housekeeping also came pounding on the door at 8:00AM which was odd given that we were only scheduled to stay one night. Not awful, but would likely not stay here again unless other local properties were booked.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences experienced during your stay. We are always looking of ways to improve our processes and procedures. I will certainly be revisiting the Hilton standards with our housekeeping department. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Female business traveller, small work group. Hotel recently renovated, but issue abound. For example, could not get the heat to turn off in my room, got up to well over 90 degrees. Took several friendly maintenance workers to correct. Lights blew out in bathroom, locks on doors finicky (for not only me but my whole group), some of the power plugs inoperable, hot water painfully slow in the mornings. Front desk staff exceptional, they will remember your name. Had a small wine/cheese tasting one evening that was fab. Rooms clean, great housekeeping staff. Hotel is a bit noisy, but this could be because when I stayed there was also a "substance abuse former addicts conference" staying as well. Food service has a LOT to be desired. Service itself not that great, and food undercooked or overlooked. I stayed on business floor, which has snacks and breakfast in a special room. This was nice but ensure to arrive no later than 10 minutes before the room is scheduled to close/reset for next snack offering as the women in there literally LOCK THE DOOR 10 minutes PRIOR to close time, and they are not nice when you knock because you forgot your scarf or your boss is still in there or whatever. Property needs some serious training in food service area. I wanted to rank this hotel average, but the maintenance issues and food service just don't meet average and drag down the great front desk and housekeeping.

Room Tip: Not sure where hot water heating units are, but try to get close to them. Don't waste money on business floor, food/service not worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jennifer S
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Jennifer S,

I apologize, that we did not exceed your expectations on your most recent visit. Our goal is to anticipate and accommodate our guest’s needs. I appreciate you taking the time to comment on the difficulties you experienced during your stay with us. We look forward to changing your perception of our property on your next visit.

Regards,

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our incident happened in late November while we were there for a wedding. I am posting this in March because I was reluctant to bash any business even one that treated us this poorly. I have never bashed any hotel, I've only posted positive reviews. As a frequent business traveler I am flexible and generally willing to give hotels a pass. Not this time. I will be posting this everywhere. This is about more than just what was stolen for me. The more I think about it - and you will see what I mean if you read - I want to warn people for their safety. I keep thinking what would have happened if my wife was alone in the room when the criminals came and robbed it. It's a scary, unfortunate situation. One that was ignored by the Hilton CEOs office when I called...

Our room was broken into the very night after the room next door was broken into - we didn't know this until the police arrived and informed us of the fact and made it clear that it was almost surely an inside job. Here is the review of the other folks that had their room broken into,

Despite the fact that our room was broken into the insurance company for Hilton told us that the claim was disputed by Hilton! The night after the room next door was broken into and with proof that our sliding door to the outside was broken from the INSIDE they told us that we should have had everything in the safe - despite the fact that it would not have all fit - AND while telling me that sympathized with me on calls they actually fought this as though I was lying. This despite a police report and a break in the night before next door, a door damaged from the inside so that it could not lock allowing easy entry from the outside, my crying wife, and a real damper put on the end of a wedding night. The flat screen TV was even stolen and still in the letter sent to me by the insurance company they say this is a disputed claim!

Imagine what could happen to woman alone in a hotel room here.

It doesn't start or stop there! Another person staying at the hotel for the wedding had his car broken into and another had something stolen from the lobby! We were sent to another room where the air conditioning didn't work and there was a big unit with a hose running out of the room. When we got off the elevator to go to our new room the shady "security" guy was sitting there in a chair in front of the elevator. I'm not sure if this was intimidation - perhaps he learned that police thought it was an inside job - I wasn't intimidated. I just stared at him as he stared at me. Maybe this is just where he was hiding but it had a creepy feel.

I won't hear from Hilton I am sure. The GM, Ellen, was nice enough, but she told me several times I that I would hear from the insurance company or a regional person but I never did. The CEOs office didn't even have the courtesy to call me or email me despite the fact that I left a police report number with them! Just stay away. It's not safe and if I found out my wife was traveling alone to this hotel I would act fast to make a change.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, and do it only as a last resort, make absolutely sure you do not get a first floor room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Scott P
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Unfortunately I'm sorry to say this has to one of the worst hotels I have stayed in anywhere in the world. There has been no hot water on two occasions including this morning so I had to have a cold shower for the second time.

I had to move rooms on Sunday morning as the room next door were smoking, I told the front desk who said they would inform security who never arrived. The safes didn't work in either room.

Monday morning I was woken at 7am by the maintenance team who were drilling out the lock in the room opposite as the guest was locked in her room.

Monday evening we sat in the lobby restaurant with water dripping on our table as the roof is leaking and I have been unable to access the guest Internet consistently all week despite paying for it. I waited over 20 minutes at the front desk last night to get a copy of my bill but none of the printers were working.

My room key had to be recoded 4 times during my stay as I could not access my room, and no I was not keeping my room key in close proximity to my cell phone, it was in my wallet in a separate pocket.

Yesterday there were no complimentary bottles of water left in my room so when I saw an employee on my floor restocking the store cupboard with water I asked if I could take a bottle for my room. He simply said no and just walked off! I obtained one from the executive lounge but it wasn't really the point, he was extremely rude.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Juliet B
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Juliet B:

We are always interested in hearing from our guests, as it allows us to learn and improve our service. I apologize for the circumstances that prompted your comments. Our goal is to deliver exceptional guest service. From your comments, we failed to provide you with superior service and a smoke free environment. Please accept our sincere apologies. We are looking into the issues you experienced during your stay to ensure that this will not happen again.

Thank you for taking the time to bring these opportunities to our attention. We value your opinion and your patronage.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This full-service Hilton is an typical hotel property. A bit dated,but usable for business travelers.
Checking in was easy and welcoming despite the distance from the Marin entrance.
The staff were helpful especially the housekeeping. I left my Blackberry on checkout so I drove back several miles on my to JFK airport. I found the room already cleaned for the next guest and no phone. So I ask the housekeeping staff where I had a language barrier since they both spoke two different languages, but still were able to get me the information I needed to retrieve my phone. As a 20 year traveler, I can even over look the high-priced food and smaller than the FDA portion sizes. The executive floor did have a lounge for breakfast and late night cookies if the weather prevents you from venturing out.

The heating system really sucks. I froze my team members said they had the same issues on different floors as well. Hopefully, the air conditioning is better

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business