Hilton Long Island/Huntington
$115
Orbitz.com
$124
$115
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewslong islandthe executive loungeindoor poollobby barfront desk staffnew yorkhuntingtonlie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our incident happened in late November while we were there for a wedding. I am posting this in March because I was reluctant to bash any business even one that treated us this poorly. I have never bashed any hotel, I've only posted positive reviews. As a frequent business traveler I am flexible and generally willing to give hotels a pass. Not this time. I will be posting this everywhere. This is about more than just what was stolen for me. The more I think about it - and you will see what I mean if you read - I want to warn people for their safety. I keep thinking what would have happened if my wife was alone in the room when the criminals came and robbed it. It's a scary, unfortunate situation. One that was ignored by the Hilton CEOs office when I called...

Our room was broken into the very night after the room next door was broken into - we didn't know this until the police arrived and informed us of the fact and made it clear that it was almost surely an inside job. Here is the review of the other folks that had their room broken into,

Despite the fact that our room was broken into the insurance company for Hilton told us that the claim was disputed by Hilton! The night after the room next door was broken into and with proof that our sliding door to the outside was broken from the INSIDE they told us that we should have had everything in the safe - despite the fact that it would not have all fit - AND while telling me that sympathized with me on calls they actually fought this as though I was lying. This despite a police report and a break in the night before next door, a door damaged from the inside so that it could not lock allowing easy entry from the outside, my crying wife, and a real damper put on the end of a wedding night. The flat screen TV was even stolen and still in the letter sent to me by the insurance company they say this is a disputed claim!

Imagine what could happen to woman alone in a hotel room here.

It doesn't start or stop there! Another person staying at the hotel for the wedding had his car broken into and another had something stolen from the lobby! We were sent to another room where the air conditioning didn't work and there was a big unit with a hose running out of the room. When we got off the elevator to go to our new room the shady "security" guy was sitting there in a chair in front of the elevator. I'm not sure if this was intimidation - perhaps he learned that police thought it was an inside job - I wasn't intimidated. I just stared at him as he stared at me. Maybe this is just where he was hiding but it had a creepy feel.

I won't hear from Hilton I am sure. The GM, Ellen, was nice enough, but she told me several times I that I would hear from the insurance company or a regional person but I never did. The CEOs office didn't even have the courtesy to call me or email me despite the fact that I left a police report number with them! Just stay away. It's not safe and if I found out my wife was traveling alone to this hotel I would act fast to make a change.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, and do it only as a last resort, make absolutely sure you do not get a first floor room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Scott P
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Unfortunately I'm sorry to say this has to one of the worst hotels I have stayed in anywhere in the world. There has been no hot water on two occasions including this morning so I had to have a cold shower for the second time.

I had to move rooms on Sunday morning as the room next door were smoking, I told the front desk who said they would inform security who never arrived. The safes didn't work in either room.

Monday morning I was woken at 7am by the maintenance team who were drilling out the lock in the room opposite as the guest was locked in her room.

Monday evening we sat in the lobby restaurant with water dripping on our table as the roof is leaking and I have been unable to access the guest Internet consistently all week despite paying for it. I waited over 20 minutes at the front desk last night to get a copy of my bill but none of the printers were working.

My room key had to be recoded 4 times during my stay as I could not access my room, and no I was not keeping my room key in close proximity to my cell phone, it was in my wallet in a separate pocket.

Yesterday there were no complimentary bottles of water left in my room so when I saw an employee on my floor restocking the store cupboard with water I asked if I could take a bottle for my room. He simply said no and just walked off! I obtained one from the executive lounge but it wasn't really the point, he was extremely rude.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel
1  Thank Juliet B
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Juliet B:

We are always interested in hearing from our guests, as it allows us to learn and improve our service. I apologize for the circumstances that prompted your comments. Our goal is to deliver exceptional guest service. From your comments, we failed to provide you with superior service and a smoke free environment. Please accept our sincere apologies. We are looking into the issues you experienced during your stay to ensure that this will not happen again.

Thank you for taking the time to bring these opportunities to our attention. We value your opinion and your patronage.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This full-service Hilton is an typical hotel property. A bit dated,but usable for business travelers.
Checking in was easy and welcoming despite the distance from the Marin entrance.
The staff were helpful especially the housekeeping. I left my Blackberry on checkout so I drove back several miles on my to JFK airport. I found the room already cleaned for the next guest and no phone. So I ask the housekeeping staff where I had a language barrier since they both spoke two different languages, but still were able to get me the information I needed to retrieve my phone. As a 20 year traveler, I can even over look the high-priced food and smaller than the FDA portion sizes. The executive floor did have a lounge for breakfast and late night cookies if the weather prevents you from venturing out.

The heating system really sucks. I froze my team members said they had the same issues on different floors as well. Hopefully, the air conditioning is better

3  Thank MyZenworks
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Hotel location more of an industrial area, seems quite a lot of corporate clients are in and out of this hotel. You can use the hotel shuttle to get around or rent a car as there isn't too much in choices for eating, shopping or entertainment. Area too remote. 1 hour ride from JFK. Consider being stuck in traffic adds to frustration.
Hotel facilities are average, large hotel, lots of dead space in the lobby. Free wifi in the lobby. Staff try their utmost to please guests, although doesn't feel too much like a Hilton.
Best offer at hotel would be the hotel dining, great atmosphere, delicious food, excellent service. Another good feature are the beds, allow for good sleeping. Rooms a bit small and crammed.

2  Thank khristian14
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Khristian:

Thank you for your review about our hotel. I was very pleased to learn that you found our staff to be helpful as well as finding our restaurant atmosphere to be great, our food delicious, and our service excellent.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We booked this hotel on Priceline, so we got a good deal, but I would not have been happy paying full price...

The Good:
Check in - The folks at check in were very speedy and nice. Priceline had put us in a room with a double bed and they were kind enough to give us the king since we were traveling as a couple.

Bed - Very comfortable as usual at a a Hilton. Great night's sleep

Pool - It was nice that they had a nice indoor pool/hot tub area for use in the Winter

Breakfast - We were there on a Saturday morning and enjoyed the $12.95 breakfast buffet. It could have been cheaper, but I have seen worse. Everything was hot and fresh and it included nice items like cheese blintzes. Everything was very tasty.

The Bad:
Room Maintenance - The sink in our room drained very slowly. My fiance and I have a home improvements business and did not feel like calling the front desk so he took it apart a little a removed a stuck hairband. It drained a bit better after this but was still slow. We did our customery bed bug check and foudn no evidence of bedbugs, but the bed encasement had a tear which made it pretty much useless.

Common Area Maintenance - It was nice to have the pool and hottub, and we used them anyway, but the hottub was in rather poor condition. Lots of the paint had chipped off inside so it really didn't look so hot. There was also some grit at the bottom. The fake rocks and real plants alond with a waterfall and glass ceiling was a nice idea, but the fake rocks were kind of falling apart. There was also a door slightly open with a hose running in for some reason and cigarette smoke would sometimes drift in which was not pleasant for us non smokers. It also would have been nice to have some real lounge chairs by the pool instead of just regular chairs.

Room Cleanliness - At first glance the room was clean and the bed was fine, but there were finger prints on the mirrors and we found a falsh eyelash on the counter in the bathroom. We also discovered, a wet spot on the floor that smelled alot like beer.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marston258

Dear Marston258:

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read that you found our staff to be nice and that they were able to upgrade you to a king sized room. I am glad you enjoyed our buffet breakfast. In addition to the blintzes, we offer waffles, made to order eggs, frozen smoothies and so much more. This year we will be refreshing our pool area. We always appreciate hearing about our guest’s observations, and we will address the housekeeping issues you noted immediately. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.