“SERVICE! SERVICE! SERVICE!!! GREAT !!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Long Island/Huntington

Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Melville
Dallas, Texas
“SERVICE! SERVICE! SERVICE!!! GREAT !!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spent a week in Melville on business and this hotel was celebrating the conclussion of their remodeling effort. They were just finishing the entryway when I arrived but just caused a minor inconvenience. The room was so comfortable, amazing bed and HUGE TV. The executive breakfast was hot, delicious and great service. The restaurant had a pasta buffet one evening that was also very delicious. Seemed be be missing a few items but everything that was there was incredible. This was my first trip to Long Island and the front desk was always able to provide directions and recommendations. The shower was cool when I was up early, before 5am. But during the day and evening times water got hot quickly and stayed hot. Internet access was easy, parking was plentiful. The art in the lobby was awesome. Everyone was always reaching out to make sure your stay was good and no issues. Highly recommend this hotel. OH and the indoor pool looked great. often seen people enjoying it. The hotel was only a short distance from LIR station in farmingdale which made access to the city easy.

Room Tip: Hallways are LONG, so if walking is a problem ask for room near elevator. It was common to hear peop...
1 Thank Carol H
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Carol H:

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I was pleased to learn that you found our room to be comfortable and you enjoyed our breakfast in our executive lounge as well as our Thursday night pasta buffet. I was especially pleased to learn that you found our employees to be helpful. Thank you for being our guest. We hope to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Northport, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Living on Long Island I am effected by the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. My home and office are without power or internet, my home without heat. The Hilton has opened it's arms and doors to countless people who lost everything in the storm and those of us who just need a warm place to work.

Their newly renovated lobby is very "work friendly" with work stations and fast internet at a reasonable cost. For the past 3 days I have worked here along side many other in the same boat as I. The staff could not be more accommodating - helping people get onto the internet, making sure they have wait staff coming around to see if we need anything, stocking the cafe so there are plenty of grab and go AND just generally understanding as that I am going to be taking up this spot all day and not pushing me out to accommodate other guests.

In fact, today as I arrived, they were setting up additional small tables and chairs around the lobby and conference area near outlets so more of my fellow displaced workers can do what we need to do.

As a meeting planner, I can't tell you what these things mean to me. The next time I am planning an event on Long Island, I know which hotel I will be bringing the business to.

Three cheers for the Hilton Long Island/Huntington - way to be a community leader.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dianne H
Dear Dianne H:

Thank you for your wonderful review. I was pleased to learn we were able to serve you during Superstorm Sandy. I am happy to learn you found our newly renovated lobby to be "work friendly". That is important to us and it is what the designer intended it to be. Thank you for your kind words! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff aims to make each guest’s stay comfortable, convenient, and relaxing.
Delray Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was my second time staying at this hotel. I never intended on staying here again because my last stay wasn't the greatest, however I stayed before the remodel so I figured I would give it another trip. Not to mention, it's in the right location for my business trips.

First glance, the lobby looked great. I was on the executive floor, but the lounge was still under construction so I did not get to use it. The front desk did tell me there was a temporary one, but there were no signs and I never found it.

Once I got into the room I was impressed. The room was nicely remodeled, very modern and cool. Then I went into the bathroom... What a disappointment. They redid the entire hotel and did not touch the bathrooms. The same dingy shower curtain was hanging. The shower tiles looked like they had be re-grouted over and over for centuries. The shower/tub does not drain properly so when you shower, you stand in water at least up to your ankles. A newly remodeled bathroom would not be like this. I also had some towels that were stained. Really? Now for the bed - it was comfortable but the comforter had a cigarette burn on it. In a non-smoking room, this was a turn off.

Dear Levi22:

Thank you for giving us another opportunity to stay after our renovation. I am sorry our executive lounge was relocated to another floor while we were renovating. We did reopen in early October. I was pleased to read that you were impressed with our rooms. I do apolgize that there was a burn in the comforter. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping team in an effort to improve our performance. Thank you for staying with us.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Arrived at the front desk to check in and the employee (Maryann? evening shift/10pm on a Tues.) greeted me with an attitude. She seemed annoyed and irritated for some reason and decided to take it out on me. One of the worst attitudes ever! I actually called about a month prior to my conference to request a room on the first floor because of my dog. When I asked her about my request, she became enraged and stated that she already processed me for another room/floor and slammed the room cards down on the front desk. As I attempted to engage her about the discrepancy she stormed off shaking her head and mumbling. The customers next to me couldn't believe what had just happened...commenting in disbelief. If I wasn't so tired I would have left and checked in at another hotel. Next, I get to my room and 2 of the lamps were missing lightbulbs, toilet seat wasn't even fastened on, bath tub wouldn't drain, room smelled moldy and the AC didn't work properly. The highlight of my stay was the constant construction going on in the neighboring rooms and entire floor. Bed Bugs wouldn't even stay at this place! Absolutely ridiculous!

1 Thank Cosmetic Doc S
EllenRuane, General Manager at Hilton Long Island/Huntington, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Reviews such as this are taken very seriously. Guest has been contacted privately through private email.

Travelers are raving about these Melville hotels

Cheshire, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was an 'OK' Hilton. It's not one of the new modern ones but it was 'OK'.
The room we had was a great layout with a separate lounge/dining area so lots of space to lay out luggage when trying to repack (as we do quite often when working away form home for weeks on end!)

The bathroom was the worst thing - there was no 'hot' water. The shower was just over warm - Bearable but not great. It was clean but tired.
Also during both nights we noticed the smell of cigarette smoke coming through the vent in the bathroom which, being non smokers, was disgusting.

The AC was not great. I like a cool/cold room at night and ended up leaving the windows open to try and create a draft.

We are living in and out of hotels at the moment due to work and didn't get around to complaining about any of these problems - (I usually do!) so in fairness I shouldn't really complain as I didn't complain to the staff!

Which brings me to 'the staff' - the women on reception were not great. We asked them to book us the shuttle and they did - then they cancelled it while we waited outside. There was no explanation as to why they did this - just a 'sorry, we will call him back'.

We had breakfast in the room both mornings so can't comment on the help yourself breakfast. Room service breakfast was ok and the staff were very polite and cheerful.

The shuttle driver was totally cool and very helpful. Taking the time to explain the best tickets to buy to get into the city.

Would I stay again? Probably, as I think it is probably the best in the area.
But I'd much prefer a modern style hotel with modern bathroom.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank catblackcat
Dear Catblackcat:

I am disapointed that you did not find our hotel to be modern. We recently renovated our entire hotel with a contemporary design. I was pleased to learn you found our rooms to be clean. I appreciate you writing that you would stay with us again, because you think we are the best hotel in the area. Thank you for being our guest.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melville
Melville Marriott Long Island
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville
Four Points by Sheraton
Four Points by Sheraton
#3 of 6 in Plainview

Been to Hilton Long Island/Huntington? Share your experiences!