“Not impressed”

Blackstone Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Blackstone Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Melville
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 110
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went with family to celebrate a birthday. While there was some standout sushi (I am not interested but those who indulged at the table were very happy) I thought the food was fine. Not great. Nothing blew me away whatsoever. Not the filet mignon, the sides, the salad, or the dessert. Average at best. For the price you pay, there are many other places I would rather eat, unless you love sushi!

1  Thank Elyzabith

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My colleague had made reservations for a business dinner here but the clients cancelled leaving just us. Greeted and seated quickly and action happened almost immediately. Given that this was a Friday night, any bottle of wine priced over $150 was half-off…and the list was extensive. This was an extraordinary opportunity to drink some very good wine at below wine shop prices! We opted for the porterhouse for two. It arrived via cart on a molten platter and had to be three inches thick. It was cut for us tableside and it was cooked beautifully. Service at all times was impeccable! Clearly, this is a place for that special occasion but it in itself was a special occasion. Plan on $100 or more per person.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

The atmosphere, food and service were all first class. It's expensive, but well worth it. Since it was around July 4, the restaurant was not filled. We received wonderful service from several different waiters. It was a memorable experience.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have our anniversary here every year and have always been happy with our meals. usually the waiters go out of their way to make sure you are being taken care of. This year, though, the food was mediocre and the service was beyond awful. It was mostly empty and it seems like our waiter forgot about us. No one took our drink order until we had to call someone over and ask if we could order a drink. We had to ask to see the dessert menu and then waited and waited until he looked over so we could ask for the check. I think next year we will find another steakhouse to celebrate in.

1  Thank Beryl K
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My Wife and I stopped by Blackstone's last night for dinner after shopping. I had heard it was a quality steakhouse, but our dinner was far beyond our expectations.
Without a reservation, we were seated immediately. Our server was a gentleman and very professional.
We ordered a red wine selection which was brought over promptly.
For dinner, we had the Porterhouse for Two. My wife wanted it medium and I like it medium-rare.
The dinner had exactly that, with mashed potatoes and asparagus as our selected sides.
The dinner was served about ten minutes after we ordered it. We were starved from a long day and could not have been happier.
Great atmosphere, great staff, great food, great management, not overly pricey. What more could we have asked for.
Great place.