“Nice but Overpriced”

Blackstone Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Blackstone Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 57 Restaurants in Melville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 110
Melbourne, Florida
“Nice but Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Blackstone is absolutely in the upscale price range but the food only fares in the mediocer range when compared with the prices charged. Service is excellent as is the wine selection. The menu is extensive in the seafood area with a few selections provided to appeal to non-seafood types. I found this interesting as they bill themselves as a steakhouse first. A good selection of sushi is available. Each of the selections are alacarte. Ambiance is nice but the noise level is uncomfortably loud making conversation difficult. In general, dinner will fall in the order of one hundred dollars per person plus any alcohol. Wine selections run from typical high end restaurant pricing through multi thousand per bottle.

Northport, New York
“Steakhouse”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Typical Steakhouse. Very nice Upscale ambiance. Not you sneakers type crowd. Expect good food, but very Expensive. Typical steakhouse in that when you order meat, that's all you get, you need to order your vegetables separate, potatoes, etc... Expect to wait on the weekends.

Visited September 2012
Huntington, New York, United States
“Blackstone Steakhouse isn't just steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

While the steak is very good - and usually prepared to your taste, Blackstone's also does a great job with seafood. The crab cake is large and succulent; the Salmon (on special) is delightful and well presented; and the shrimp are large - although slightly over-cooked the last time we were there. I am sure there are other fine steak houses on LI, but the business crowd keeps Blackstones busy so that folks like us can go there on a special occasion and enjoy a fine meal in an upscale environment. Yes, Blackstone Steakhouse is pricey, but you generally get what you pay for!

New York City, New York
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was looking forward to trying this restaurant after hearing some rave reviews about the place. I am sorry to say that I won't be back nor would I recommend the place to others. I visited for a late lunch. I did not feel welcome here by the hostess or the waiters. My first complaint was the bread. It may not sound like a big deal to you but it sets the tone for the meal to me. It was tasteless and so was the olive oil that accompanied it. I ordered an unsweetened iced tea which was very weak. It was 5 dollars. My husband ordered a diet coke and had to ask the waiter for a refill. I find this unacceptable in a place that considers themselves "high end" and charges an outrageous amount for everything on their menu. Maybe the service was lacking because we didn't order a 200 dollar bottle of wine? We shared a crab cake appetizer and scallops that were wrapped in bacon. The crab cake was 18.00 and was a decent size and good. Not the best I have eaten but pretty good. I liked the corn chutney and corn puree that accompanied the dish. The scallops were 22.00 We received 3 decent size scallops. They were cooked perfectly but mine had so much sand in it that it ruined the dish. My husband said his were fine. The bacon was undercooked and the salad that accompanied the dish had no flavor at all. It came with baby heirloom tomatoes that were tasteless. Sorry if I sound like a food critic but I consider myself to be a decent cook who knows good food and I have eaten in some pretty good restaurants. I don't consider this place to be one of them. We both ordered the 44 dollar single south african lobster tail. It comes with nothing but the plate it is served on. I realize this is a steakhouse and everything is ala carte but I think that is just insane. We ordered french fries for 10 dollars and a bowl of creamed spinach which was also 10 dollars. I thought the fries would be something special for that price and they were not. Soggy fries at best. The spinach was also just average. The lobster tails were a decent size and were fresh and cooked well. They were just good. Not great, not excellent and not to die for. I hate to say this but I have had much better lobster in small restaurants in Maine for a fraction of the price. So now onto dessert. I was disappointed in the dessert menu. Chocolate cake with mousse, creme brulee, banana cream pie, hot fudge sundae, cheesecake and panna cotta. This didn't really thrill me. The waiter told me about the special dessert for the day which was a chocolate and peanut butter napolean. Bingo 2 of my favorites and I was excited. He comes back to the table 5 minutes later to tell me that they don't have anymore napoleans. It was only 3pm so I guess no special desserts for the dinner crowd. Poor planning on their part and I was very disappointed. So I ordered the blackstone signature cake which was death by chocolate for 12.00 It was ok but again not to die for. My husband liked his cheesecake which was light and airy but the crust was way too sweet. The french press coffee and cappuccino were also a disappointment and yes I am a coffee snob and I know good coffee. You can get a better cup of fresh brewed Illy coffee in JFK airport at the Jetblue terminal or in Dunkin Donuts. People rave about this restaurant but I just didn't taste anything that really made me say "wow this is fantastic" I have had better meals in other places for half the price. With tax and tip we spent over 240 for lunch and we didn't have any alcohol. Insane. I am not really sure how places like this justify charging so much money for food that is just average but I guess if people keep visiting and paying the exorbitant prices then they will just keep laughing all the way to the bank. The positives were that the fish was fresh and the sushi bar looked immaculate with fresh offerings as well. I hear the sushi is excellent but you would probably have to spend half of your paycheck for it.

3 Thank napagirl2
“A meal to impress”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

A New York quality steakhouse in our own backyard. The decor, the roaring fireplace gives this large establishment a homey and familiar feel. Excellent service and a large array of specials leaves the diner with many choices for an excellent meal. We ordered fish appetizers and sushi,all carefully prepared. The fresh fish selections were appreciated by the non-carnivores who shared the enormous steaks and side orders. There are many dessert and drink selections which we shared. A great date night.

• Visited October 2012