“Great food small place”

Cuisines: American
Saint James, New York
“Great food small place”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

If you can find a parking spot and a table then sit back and relax as the hard part is over. Everything on their menu is fantastic. They often have specials which are very good too. Seating is often difficult to find as is parking, but food is fantastic!

Visited January 2014

West Islip
“Best sandwich around”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Talk about homemade sandwiches from moms kitchen. This is the best around!! I haven't had a sandwich that I didn't like and the sweet potato tots are rockin!!

Visited November 2013
“Wow! What Great Food!!!”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This wonderful restaurant serves great food.

After having the best Philly Cheesesteak of my life (and I seek out Philly Cheesesteaks), I spoke with the owner. They really take the extra time and use the very best ingredients to serve a great sandwich.

The owner told me that they went through 20 bakeries to get the right bread.

They roast their meats, and they roast whole cuts of meat. Thus, the meats are not cooked on a flat grill, as is common. This leaves the meats very juicy.

For the Cheesesteak, they roast Prime (Yes, USDA Prime) Sirloin, then slice it for the sandwich. All food is prepared to order.

My Cheesesteak had lots of great, juicy prime sirloin, cream Havarti and cheddar cheese plus a garlic aioli. I omitted the caramelized onions.

This is normally served on an onion roll, but they used a different roll for me since I asked for no onions.

The atmosphere is very pleasant, and the staff friendly.

I understand they do get busy, but you can call ahead.

I was there on November 14, 2013, and will be back November 15, 2013.

My Cheesesteak was $9.79 and worth every penny.

• Visited November 2013
Long Island, New York
“Crowded but great food!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Roast is a tiny sandwich shop that you might drive right past and not notice. The parking is almost nonexistent and we had to circle around and eventually park on the street.
As for the food, they use fresh local ingredients and the lines and wait are well worth it! You order at the counter, find a seat, ( or wait around for one to become available) and they bring your food to you. I had a delicious fresh fig salad with grilled chicken. It was wonderful with a dressing that was not too heavy. They have specials as well as soups, sandwiches and salads. It was a very pleasant surprise and I would highly recommend it.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ivyw
Charlotte, North Carolina
“All around great!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We stopped off on our way out east and are very glad we did.

Parking is bit tricky, but it is so worth it!

We had the tomato bisque, pork panini and cheesesteak...oh yeah and some handcut fries. All different and all wonderful!

Our kids (9 and 7) really enjoyed it too. The grilled cheese is HUGE!

We will return next time we are in the area.

Visited August 2013