“Outstanding this time!”
Review of The Jewel

The Jewel
Reserve with OpenTable
The Jewel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 57 Restaurants in Melville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 110 / Rubies Corporate Plaza
Long Island, New York
“Outstanding this time!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My first visit was a celebratory lunch with family. The ambiance and food were sensational. The service ruined the moment. The resturant wasn't even crowded and the service was just bad all around. It took me several months and much persuasion from close friends to try again for dinner. I wasn't expecting much. This time - OUTSTANDING! A professional server truly made this jewel shine! Looks like they workedout the kinks and brought the right calbor of staff to suit this phenomomenal resturant. Fod, wine, atmosphere - FABULOUS! Definitily a special occasion kind of place. Savored every bite and every sip.

• Visited October 2012

New York City, New York
“Absolutely awful from start to finish ...”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have never written a review before but felt absolutely compelled to do so after our awful meal. My husband and I often travel to the Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton and many fine restaurants in Manhattan to enjoy wonderful dinners. Jewel was, by far, the most awful dining experience that we have had both in terms of the food and service. When we walked in, the hostess did not ask to check our coats. In fact, most of the other tables around us had their coats draped over the backs of their chairs. It took the waitress twenty minutes to even greet us at our table. When she finally came over, she took our drink order and then told us she would come back to take our dinner order. At that point, we had been in the restaurant for quite a while and were ready to eat. Another ten minutes later she came back with our drinks and told us again that she would be back again to take our dinner order. My drink did not, at all, taste like the description of the drink on the cocktail list (not only were the flavors different but there was supposed to be a caramel drizzle which was not present). We finally ordered our food and when our appetizers came out they were luke warm. The meatball appetizer was adequate at best and the soup was just okay. Nobody came to refill our drinks or ask us about ordering more drinks. The waitress did not even come by to see if we enjoyed our appetizers. A bit later, our entrees came out. My swordfish was crusted with a strange candy crusting (odd since the waitress told me that it would be grilled and had no sauce). My husband ordered the Colorado steak special and requested that it be cooked "medium". Unfortunately, when he cut into the steak, it was completely raw inside. He the politely asked that the steak be cooked to "medium." Again, the waitress was nowhere to be found throughout our meal and we had to ask the food runner to take the steak back to be cooked longer. A few minutes later, and after I had already finished my meal, his steak came out again. It smell burnt. Not charred, but burnt. The smell was so unappetizing that he did not even cut into the steak. The manager, who brought over the burnt steak, then asked if everything was okay. My husband explained that it appeared as though the cook burnt the outside of the steak. In response, the manager insisted that although the outside was burnt, the inside was still okay. The manager then proceeded to cut into the steak to show my husband the inside of the steak (which was still not cooked to "medium"). My husband refused to eat it (something he has never done before). The waitress was nowhere to be found. We finally received the check. It was quite expensive considering that my husband did not eat an entree and we did not care to stay for dessert. The hostess took our credit card to swipe it (again the waitress must have been too busy for us) and brought it back without any indication that the card had been swiped (there was no other receipts besides the original check). At that point, we did not want to wait another twenty minutes for someone to pass by our table, and decided to take the check up to the hostess stand ourselves. When we arrived at the hostess desk, we asked if there was a coat check at the restaurant and, in response, she said "Oh, can I take your coats?" We responded that we were finished with our meals. She then told us that she must have forgotten our credit card receipts at the printer and went back to the printer to retrieve them. From start to finish, there was nothing pleasant about this meal besides the decor and, for the price that this restaurant charges, you can do a lot better. It was poor quality at best. I don’t expect that this restaurant will be open for long.

• Visited December 2012
Massapequa, New York
“Food good, atmosphere and acoustics didn't impress me”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Attended a dinner meeting - worst acoustics I've ever heard - no-one could understand anything the speaker said - they tried to fix it and finally just gave up. It's in a large windowless
room in the basement. Food was fair, bathrooms gorgeous. No idea about prices as the sponsoring company paid.

• Visited November 2012
New York
“Great decor and amazing food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

16 of us went for a price fix dinner of $25 pp including appt/soup/or salad
entree and dessert.
I had the beet salad which was the most amazing thing I have ever had!! The portion was generous as well.
Being Gluten free I am a bit limited and ordered the Mahi Mahi for dinner. Usually things made to order Gluten free can be low on taste or dry, it was fantastic.
Everyone of the 16 of us enjoyed ourselves and I will return

• Visited November 2012
Plainview, New York
“Had a small group birthday party here”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Seven (7) couples get together for major birthdays. I chose this this venue for mine. Everything was really excellent. from welcome to cocktails, to food and service. Everyone in our party enjoyed the venue very much and since has been back and had a like experience.

Visited August 2012