See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 10, 2018

Beware of giving this location your credit card and keep checking for extra charges without explanation. I've been trying to get an explanation for an extra $401.84 for 2 weeks without any response. If it was a smaller amount I wouldn't even have bothered to waste so much time trying to get a response from this location. As a last resort, I'm going to report the transaction on my credit card to get a response. But I shouldn't have to go through all that trouble and waste my time if the management was as responsive about explaining charges as they're about charging customers. My reservation is a completely paid pre paid booking and I was charged again on my credit card by this location. I thought it was a hold but its been 2 weeks and no response from anyone about it.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank sarvanir2014
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2018

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to leave feedback. We apologize for the misunderstanding regarding your bill. We're sorry our team did not provide you with a clear explanation of the charges during the check-in process. We do require a credit card or debit card for incidentals. We place a hold on the account to make sure that the card is valid, which is a standard industry practice. In the event no incidentals are incurred, we release the holdback into your account. Depending on your banking institution, this may take anywhere from 3-10 business days. We apologize for the inconvenience, and if you are still in doubt, please contact our General Manager directly to discuss your charges. Thank you for being our guest, and we hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2018

This place was the worst hotel ever. It smelled bad. The room felt sticky and stuffy. Everything about the room was terrible; flat pillows, dirty and dusty, bathroom smelled of cigarettes, bed was uncomfortable. The front desk staff was extremely rude. When I asked about my room not being cleaned, I was told that they were not a full service hotel and didn't clean every day. Wish that was made clear BEFORE I booked the room. When I booked the room, it said daily housekeeping in the description. Clearly, that was a lie. Horrible place. DON'T go there!

Room tip: Go to a different hotel
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Trish, we are truly sorry for the issues you experienced in your room and that you were not clear with our housekeeping policy. Please know, to respect the privacy of our guests staying for long periods of time, our housekeeping service is conducted on a weekly basis, although we are always happy to provide you this service at your request for a minimal fee. Thanks for the feedback as it will be used as a training tool to improve our future guest's experience. We hope you & your family will consider a future stay as we would welcome the opportunity to regain your trust.

Reviewed August 16, 2018

Smelly room, horrible pillows, rude front desk staff.
The A/C in my room its powered by a diesel engine...couldn't be noisier.
I joyful experience

Please save yourself from a bad moment and DON'T GO there; you will pay $120+tax to be treated like S - -T!!!!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Jorge G
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

Jorge, thank you for the review of our hotel. We sincerely apologize that you experienced so many difficulties during your stay with us. This is not the level of service we generally provide, and it certainly does not meet our standards. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate team members, so we can take action to prevent these issues from happening again. Please visit us again so we can restore your faith in our hotel and provide you with the hospitality you should always expect from us.

Reviewed July 28, 2018

Hotel was comfortable enough and does have a mini-kitchen in the room, but not particularity practical for a non-extended stay since you still have to buy all your cooking stuff. The lobby isn't so much a lobby as a check-in window. It doesn't offer much for services. It is basic and could use some updating. It's good value and that seems o be it;s strong point.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank gnolect
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2018

Thanks for the detailed evaluation. We apologize for anything other than a completely satisfying stay, and we appreciate the feedback. Your honest comments will be shared with our team and we will use them for future improvements. We hope you will give us another opportunity to prove we can do better!

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Start with.... they gave us a room and they keys to a room that had not been cleaned from the previous day.
Then we finally got a new room.... get ready to take a shower.... guess what.... old empty shampoo containers
Then I walk to the front again.... get shampoo and go back to take a shower...
Get in the shower.... guess what..... no towels at all in the room.
Front desk clerk looked at me like this was all our fault.
Towels are the crappiest towels one could ever find. The room just felt dirty.
Had a 4 day reservation... moved out immediately the next morning. No way I would stay in that dump for a second night.
When the sign in the place said “PLEASE DO NOT DUMP YOUR TRASH IN THE HALLS” I should have known better.
This place is like a flop house ... not a hotel.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Thank you for being our guest. We sincerely apologize for the service and housekeeping issues you experienced and the inconvenience they caused. This situation has been discussed with our staff members to reemphasize the importance of impeccable customer service and attention to detail. We invite you and your family to come back to experience the stay you expect and deserve.