All reviews long island rooms are clean bare bones rooms are big assistant manager new york front desk staff short drive pleasant stay bed was very comfortable a great place to stay yunus kitchenette accommodations
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Start with.... they gave us a room and they keys to a room that had not been cleaned from the previous day.
Then we finally got a new room.... get ready to take a shower.... guess what.... old empty shampoo containers
Then I walk to the front again.... get shampoo and go back to take a shower...
Get in the shower.... guess what..... no towels at all in the room.
Front desk clerk looked at me like this was all our fault.
Towels are the crappiest towels one could ever find. The room just felt dirty.
Had a 4 day reservation... moved out immediately the next morning. No way I would stay in that dump for a second night.
When the sign in the place said “PLEASE DO NOT DUMP YOUR TRASH IN THE HALLS” I should have known better.
This place is like a flop house ... not a hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Thank you for being our guest. We sincerely apologize for the service and housekeeping issues you experienced and the inconvenience they caused. This situation has been discussed with our staff members to reemphasize the importance of impeccable customer service and attention to detail. We invite you and your family to come back to experience the stay you expect and deserve.

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

Hotel gives you everything you need! Room is big and kitchen is old but great. The fridge is amazing! Bath is also big and taking a shower is very comfortable. Staff and manager are friendly and help you anytime!

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Extended Stay America. We are delighted to know you liked your well-appointed room and were impressed with the courteous service provided by our staff. Your business is appreciated, and we hope you will come back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel, and I use that word very loosely. The room was quite depressing on arrival, but when we pulled back the sheet to check for cleanliness there was a huge brown stain on the bottom sheet along with other brown stains. I took photos and then went down to the lobby to go to the manager. She did not look like she really cared, and grudgingly accompanied me to see this dirty sheet. She then agreed to move us to another room which obviously had not been used in some time as the AC was off and the room was stifling hot. Although there were no obvious stains on the sheets, it was quite obvious that this room had not been used in some time, and the sheets were not fresh. As we had been on the road 4/11 hours and had waited for 3 hours for hotels.com to find us this room we did not have much choice but to stay. It was the worst stay I have ever had in my life, and woke up at 3 a.m. with a wicked sore throat which preceded to a full-blown flu the next day. We were not reimbursed for this room, and no one seemed to care. I think the TripAdvisor should remove this hotel or make sure that Travellers are aware of the deplorable conditions.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Kathryn, please accept my sincere apology for the difficulties you encountered with your room. We appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention and assure you that corrective measures have been taken. Our team's first priority is making sure that every guest has a comfortable stay, and this time we really missed the mark. We truly regret the inconvenience it caused. We hope you will consider and give us an opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

This is the room they gave me and it wasnt cleaned bed was not done and it stunk like hell from.the smokers that stayed in it

The hotel stinks from the smoker of the 80s

Also they FORced me to give my credit card ..room was already paid for by Expedia

So there NO need for a Cc and WTF house rule...

The hilton neighbor hotel (stayed there many times ) dont force u to

Just Bad

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Jos K
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2018

Jos, we apologize for the odor and cleanliness issues you encountered in your rooms. We are very concerned about your experience and have brought this to the attention of our housekeeping department. We assure you that remedial steps are underway so such issues don’t happen again. Please consider giving us a chance to redeem ourselves in the future.

Reviewed May 9, 2018

I only write reviews when i'm angry or really impressed, in this case i an very impressed and thankful for Corin and her crew. The associates at the main desk, housekeepers and Jaun the maintenance man worked very hard to accommodate me so much that i could not let there hard work go unnoticed and could not go without giving a review deserving of all 5 stars. If your traveling for business, this is the place to stay, give it a try. I'm sure you will see clean rooms and helpful hosts.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2018

Thank you for posting such kind comments about our hotel, especially about our staff. We make every effort to provide service that is above and beyond your expectations, so we are pleased to know that you loved your stay. We will be sure to share your compliments with our team, especially Corin & Jaun. Thanks for choosing Extended Stay America. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.