“Comfortable place to stay”

Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Melville
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Writing this review during my stay here. I have been living here for a couple of months now. These are no frills studio rooms based at Melville. The rooms are decent sized(matters a lot as I am staying here for 3 months). Rooms are serviced once a week and they do a good job at it. The staff in this hotel is very friendly and efficient. The reception is closed from 10 pm to 6 am, but once had a problem in my room with the alarms at midnight and a staff member was glad to help sort the issue after the official hours. The property has a onsite Laundromat and a couple of vending machines for snacks, soda and laundry detergents. They provide a grab and go breakfast which is nothing but supermarket muffins, granola bar, fresh fruit and coffee. As I mentioned its a no frills place with no gym or restaurant. But there is a Hilton next door which has a pretty decent bar and restaurant. Also there are many fast food chains on Route 110. For an evening out I would recommend to head out to farmingdale main street which is around 2 miles away.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jcube
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the staff and our onsite amenities. As well, it is especially pleasing to know that enjoyed your time in Melville NY.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I love staying at the extended stay in Melville when I'm visiting!! the staff are very friendly as well as accommodating! and the rooms are clean and equipped with every thing you need for a long or short stay. if you come in town this would be a great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about your stay in Melville. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of our property and the treatment you received from the entire staff.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Great experience really enjoyed staying here. The staff was very helpful and very friendly. Would definitely recommend this hotel to everybody. I am looking forward to staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the hotel, the staff and your clean, comfortable room. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed one night in the Extended Stay America Melville hotel while visiting family nearby. Danny at the front desk was very helpful. Everything went smoothly; the room was clean and quiet, and the beds were comfortable. The kitchenette was minimal but functional (coffee pot, microwave, two burner stove, fridge, sink). I appreciate that they allow pets. I didn't hear any other animals or people from our room. Breakfast in the lobby in the morning was muffins, coffee, and fruit--nothing fancy but good quality and fresh.

To avoid New York City commuter traffic, we took drove 40 minutes east to Port Jefferson and took the ferry to Bridgeport, Connecticut. Port Jefferson is a cute town with restaurants and cafes near the water. Bridgeport is right on 95, so this worked well for us.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding Danny and the rest of the staff . I am also thrilled you were able to enjoy our new grab and go breakfast.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I am a frequent guest at the Extended Stay chain so when I booked a room at the location in Melville, LI I expected the same things that keep me coming back. Most Extended Stay's are actual residences as well as hotel. The rooms are designed for long stays. You have like a studio that is equipped with an almost fully operational kitchen (stove-top, no oven) and private bathroom. The beds are comfortable the rooms, (even the single beds) are spacious, all of the amenities are provided for you.

CONSIDER THIS: If you are used to a 4-5 star hotel don't come here. The experience in terms of customer service is hardly any different HOWEVER the environment is more suitable for someone who wants to feel like he/she/they are at a home away from their own. The decor is basic, the hotel has only three floors, its in a quiet neighborhood everything you need is less than 2-3 miles away.

The staff at this particular Extended Stay were extremely polite and my check-in was easy.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Anthony - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, here in Melville. I am also glad that the staff was able to meet and exceed your expectations. We love knowing that you choose to stay at Extended Stay Hotel's during your travels!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have stayed at numerous Extended Stay America's throughout the country and this has been my very best stay yet! Top notch hotel personnel: Audry at the front desk and Sue (Hotel Manager) are the best. Audry was extremely customer service oriented and Sue knew the business all around. The room was kept extremely clean and again the hotel associates were very helpful and knowledgeable. I have been here at the hotel for over 5 months and plan on staying for 3-4 months longer for business.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I am glad the staff has exceeded your expectations and thrilled you will stay with us for the upcoming months. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

The extended stay is a wonderful hotel to stay at with very friendly staff and comfortable rooms that are fully equipped to make your stay allot like being at home. The rooms have new beds and linens and flat screen tvs.l the rooms have all the cooking essentials to cook a good home cooked meal. Always a good stay when I come to melville

• Stayed: February 2013
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. It is great to hear that were able to make you feel just like home. I am excited to hear that view our new product in such positive light. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melville
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Best Western Bar Harbour Inn
Best Western Bar Harbour Inn
#1 of 1 in Massapequa Park
Melville Marriott Long Island

Been to Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville? Share your experiences!