Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Melville
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“extended”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Excellent stay, and very accomodating, the staff was so friendly, they were even able to get me money back from an unfortunate situation. The room was very comfortale, refrigerator, stove, it was great. Interesting enough the price at the hotel was cheaper than booking it online. I would definitrly stay here again. It was worth the money especially on short such notice

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here in Melville and that the staff were able to get your money back. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
Farmingdale, New York
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The rooms are big, super clean and staff very friendly. I would definitely stay again. I basically said what I want to say, can't think of a total 0f 200 characters. Short and sweet, great hotel. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here in Melville and gave us two thumbs up. We take pride in our customer service and we are pleased that we were able to make your stay comfortable Thank you again for your review.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in December, the rooms are large, located next to a Hilton
For the price I paid it was ok, the front desk person was very rude and busy texting while me and my family were checking out. The hallways smelt bad, smokey and seemed noisy at night
When I told the front desk guy on Saturday morning dec 22, about this, he said he knew but there was nothing he could do... then went back to texting !!! how rude
I would never stay here again...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Long Island - Melville. Our company prides itself on providing great customer service and which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. We do have policy's in place to prevent what happen in the morning of December 22, 2012. I hope you can give us another chance if your ever in the Melville area again. Please personally call our management team to make your reservation. Thank you for your review.

Travelers are raving about these Melville hotels

Reviewed November 28, 2012

The staff at the extended stay are always friendly and really make each stay like your home away from home. The rooms are always clean and the recent upgrades make the rooms very comfortable I can't wait to stay again

• Stayed November 2012
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here in Melville and that the staff went above & beyond the call of duty. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Reviewed November 24, 2012

After being displaced because of hurricane sandy, we were lucky enough to find a room at this hotel. It's hard not being able to go home but the staff at this hotel made us feel at home. Everyone is friendly and will get you anything you need. The hotel is conveniently located with plenty of parking. There are many restaurants nearby but it was nice to have the kitchenette available for cooking. I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed November 2012
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Melville. I hope you and your family are doing well after Hurricane Sandy. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Merrick, New York
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We have been to this hotel several times and have had nothing but nice things to say about our stay. This hotel advertises affordable weekly rates as well as extended stays. Several days prior to hurricane Sandy's arrival I had checked the hotels rates online. The nightly rate advertised was $109, which is the usual nightly rate at this Extended Stay. After hurricane Sandy hit on October 29th and devastated many areas of Long Island we had found ourselves displaced, like so many other people on Long Island. The day after the storm we drove out to Melville and were able to make a reservation. We were to check in on Sunday November 4th. When we arrived on Sunday we did notice on the bill that we were being over charged by more than $50 per night. After what we had been through earlier that week and also being that we had NO other options we decided not to even mention the raised rates and to just be happy with having some place warm to stay with our pets. On Tuesday November 6th we received a letter under the door stating that the hotel is at a sold out status and if we wish to extend our stay to contact the front desk. We immediately went downstairs to try and extend our stay. We were told that our names would be put on a list and they would let us know. After making several calls and having a colleague of mine also make a call to Julio the GM, he was nice enough to let us extend our stay 2 extra nights. We checked out before work on Friday Nov 9th. Thats when we received a bill for almost $1,000 for a 5 night stay at this hotel. I immediately wrote a letter to corporate to complain that this hotel raised its rates on people who lost their homes during a hurricane. Knowing that people do not have a choice, this hotel raised its rates as if it were a holiday. I explained to corporate in the letter I wrote how unfair and immoral it is to do this to people during such a hard time. This hotel cheated so many people out of a lot of money. Extended Stay Corporate did not respond to my letter or try to reach out to me in any way. I am going to report this hotel to the attorney general of NYS because in the end corporate can choose to ignore one voice, and let american greed run their company, but what was done to the people who stayed at this hotel during the aftermath of hurricane Sandy is illegal. I urge anyone considering spending their money at this hotel chain NOT TO.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank BMCBNY
Hollywood, CA
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We booked this hotel for a week while working the PGA. The rooms were clean, updated, had plenty of open parking and offered onsite laundry for a small cost. We enjoyed the peacefulness of our stay and decided to stay an extra two nights before heading into the fast pasted city. They allow pets, but the only downfall is, I feel the $150 pet fee is a little excessive ( not even high end hotels charge that much) Altogether, we had a good stay and want to thank Sue and Lashaun front desk.

Room Tip: Rooms are standard
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking time out to write such a positive review about your experience at Extended Stay America Long Island - Melville. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. The two extra nights you spent with us show us that we were successful in doing just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melville
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage
Hilton Long Island/Huntington
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Homewood Suites Long Island - Melville
Melville Marriott Long Island

Been to Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville? Share your experiences!