“They can do better..” 3 of 5 bubbles

Description: new restaurant, Same owners as LaPiazza in Plainview NY
Huntington, New York
“They can do better..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

The food was uninteresting... The service was adequate... The prices a bit high...,too much fru-fru and not enough flavor at this establishment.. I was expecting more from this restaurant .... They need to do better if they expect to survive.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Melville, New York
“Disappointing Italian Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We ate dinner on Sunday night and waited about 10 minutes (not terrible at all). The waitress greeted us with a warm friendly smile. All was good until the food came out. My wife's pasta and meatball dish was dry and tasteless with a relatively small portion considering the price. She asked for more sauce and we noticed that they charged $2 for the sauce. Kind of insulting to charge for sauce when the dish was dry and the dish was not inexpensive. My son's meatball parm dish came out (also small portion) and it too was tasteless. He originally wished to order it as a hero, and he was told they would not do that unless it was for takeout. My individual pizza was bland and just okay. We were very disappointed in the quality of the food and portion size. For many years we have taken food out of the LaPiazza in Plainview (several miles away) and we have always enjoyed the quality of the food and never thought the portions were skimpy. I would not recommend this Italian Food Restaurant. There are plenty of other ones in the area that are far superior to this.

• Visited April 2013
Lake Grove, New York, United States
“I waited 45 mins for a grilled shrimp salad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I met 2 of my friends today to have lunch. When we arrived at12.15 the dining room was empty. We ordered 3 salads. The waiter was a nice guy but clearly not cut out this this kind of work. I'm not kidding at least 45 mins. When it finally arrived 2 of the 3 salads were ok. Mine wasn't. The shrimp was cold and hard as a rock. They didn't put salad dressing on as I made very clear. I couldn't eat it. The waiter came back and asked if everything was ok. I asked him why it took 45 mins and that it was cold and I couldn't eat it. He made a joke and ask me if I wanted him to re heat the spoiled shrimp. I said no. He attempted to be funny and failed again. I hope the manager reads this and makes some changes. I won't go back to the Melville location again. Ps. I've also loved and recommended the plain view store. I'm starving and it's not right what happened today at lunch. Thanks

Huntington, New York
“Good Food & Drink, BUT”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Our second visit. The place gets busy but only takes reservations for 8 or more. Cocktails are geat and reasonably priced. We had FIVE people serving our table so we never knew who the Waiter (ress) was. Food is not cheap but the overall quality is better than average. Our ? waiter stopped by twice and inquired as the quality of the food. Twice we complained about the veal chop being overdone and twice we were ignored. WHY ASK ?
At $ 28.00, the veal cop is the priciest dish. How does a half inch thick breaded veal chop have grill marks ? For as much as it was cooked, it should have been an inch & a half thick !
Not only does the staff ingnore you when you complain, but their website for their three restaurants does not allow contact. So Nobody Cares.
Order a cocktail and a pata dish so there will be no compants and you'll do just fine.

• Visited December 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stopped here for lunch based on the reviews we'd seen, the food was delicious and the portion sizes were huge. If I were ever in the area again I'd absolutely go back.

• Visited September 2012