“A wonderful stay at Thanksgiving!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Medina
Garden View Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 3 Medina B&B and Inns
Wilder
“A wonderful stay at Thanksgiving!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I can't say enough of how wonderful a stay I had. I was visiting the Medina area this past Thanksgiving (an opportunity to see my 7 Great Grand Children), but I needed a place of refuge, and the ability to get a good night sleep... this was provided by Pat and Bob. What wonderful hosts! I was pampered to the nth degree. Their Bed and Breakfast was clean, beautifully decorated, and like a home away from home! I'll be back!! Thanks Pat and Bob.
Sincerely, Carol W.

Room Tip: You just can't miss.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Carol w

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Newburgh, New York
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We had the opportunity to stay with Pat and Bob Fox at their beautiful B&B. We stayed there during my husband's 50th high school reunion.
The food was delicious, the room lovely and comfortable, and the grounds, beautiful. We were able to walk along the Erie Canal, walk in their lovely gardens, see the llamas, and also view two wedding parties as they had their wedding photos taken in this wonderful setting.
Pat and Bob were gracious hosts, helping us in many ways and making us feel right at home. It was truly a home away from home with a comfortable living room just for our use. Of course it was extra special to return to our room and find home-made brownies ready for us.
The location was excellent. It was just a short trip to the downtown area, and yet it was far enough away to be a peaceful retreat.
You can't go wrong with this one!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 2BTraveler
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My dad and I recently returned to Garden View for our annual visit back to Western NY. We really enjoyed our return stay with Pat and Bob. Pat makes wonderful coffee cakes to eat at breakfast, and the brownies she puts up in your room when you arrive really adds the welcoming touch. My dad and I are looking forward to returning next year!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jessica S
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Thanks so much for the great stay! it really felt like home! wonderful home made breakfast treats! will visit again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Garden View Bed and Breakfast while in the area to visit a relative who was in the hospital. Before arriving I thought it would seem strange since we are used to staying with the relative when we visit, but it didn’t feel strange at all. Staying at the Garden View is like staying with family. Pat and Bob make you feel welcome; their home is your home.

Our room was spacious, clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Each evening there was a snack and some water in our room. The shared bath was directly across the hall from our bedroom. It was also very clean and spacious. There were even toiletries in case you forgot something. The living room was very comfortable, my husband spent time watching TV and I spent some time reading. An expanded continental breakfast is served at whatever time you choose.

The property is nicely landscaped and although it was too cold when we were there, we can imagine sitting in the gazebo would be a delightful way to end the day in warmer weather. We did visit the lamas and goats on the property.

The Garden View Bed and Breakfast is a gem, at a very reasonable price. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank subrice
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My dad and I stayed at Garden View on a recent trip to visit family. Pat and Bob made us feel so welcome! We felt like we were staying with family. The rooms were spacious and clean. The bathroom was large and even had a soaking tub!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Jessica S
West Barnstable, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I was riding from Albany to Buffalo on the Erie Canalway and decided to stay the night in Medina. Saw the listing for the Gardenview in the cycling guide for the Erie Canal (Parks and Trails - New York ((great resource)) and called pretty much at random (lucky choice). The owner answered the phone and made the reservation quickly and with no fuss (why do some places need the three digits on the back of the card anyway ?) and said the room would be ready whenever i arrived. The price was so reasonable i almost asked twice to be sure of what i heard.

The beautiful old Victorian house was spotless (as was the garage ... almost felt that my bike would be too dirty for storage there) the grounds neat and full of flowers and plantings. The room was good size with everything fresh and clean (thick towels, bottle of water, nicely bundled brownies, etc.). Very comfortable bed. Housewide air conditioning. Shared bath, but again, super clean and well appointed (big basket of toothpastes and other goodies). Sitting room with television - comfortble place to read (as was the outdoor gazebo). Even had a small barn with lamas and two goats. Continental-plus breakfast ... good choices of cereal and fruit, Koureg coffee-maker.

But probably the best thing about the Gardenview was the genuine hospitality of Pat and her husband Bob. They were fun to talk with, sharing stories and making me kind of wish i didn't have to get back on the trail in the morning. And that's pretty close to the ultimate compliment from a thru-biker.

My advice is to call early for reservations ... as the word gets around about the Gardenview i'm sure it won't always be easy to get a place to rest and recoup at this wonderful place.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank BfloBoy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Medina
Hampton Inn Lockport - Buffalo
#2 of 3 in Brockport
Lake Ontario Motel
Lake Ontario Motel
#1 of 1 in Newfane

Been to Garden View Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!