“Great Nights Sleep”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Medina
Historic Village Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Medina B&B and Inns
“Great Nights Sleep”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed one if the best nights sleep at this awesome B&B. The place was absolutely beautiful. Our room was perfectly decorated and extremely private. I would recommend it to anyone looking to get away and escape.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Euless, Texas
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Held our gay wedding at this beautiful Bed and Breakfast. Since we were traveling from out of state we needed help making arrangements. Betty was outstanding helping us coordinate everything. Reinhard is ordained and performed the ceremony for us.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed September 18, 2013

While searching for lodging in Orleans County, NY, the options are understandably limited. This area is famous for orchards, vineyards, the Erie Canal, and access to the beautiful southern shore of Lake Ontario. My business was in Albion, the county seat, but my lodging options had me looking for towns nearby.

The Historic Bed and Breakfast in Medina NY turned out to be the highlight of my trip. This beautiful home dates back to the early 19th century and is a beautiful representation of the large and spacious homes of that era. The owners, Betty and Reinhart, are exceptional in their care and attention to detail.

The home is located on a main street in this small town and while there is frequent traffic, the upstairs rooms are well-insulated and quiet. Parking is convenient and there is plenty of room on the street and at the rear of the home. The charming main street of Medina as well as the Erie Canal walking/biking trails are a short walk. This town is friendly and safe with lots of interesting shops and cafes.

Breakfast is fresh and cooked-to-order. Betty was extremely flexible with both the menu and the schedule. She seems to really enjoy serving her guests and her breakfast presentations were hearty and tasty, right down to the NY maple syrup served with her pancakes. She repeatedly asked what I preferred for breakfast but I was very well-served and more than satisfied with her offerings.

My trip to Orleans County convinced me that there is far more to NY than the Big Apple. The small towns of Orleans County are relaxing, fun and filled with friendly people. I look forward to returning to both Medina and the Historic Village Bed and Breakfast.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Canal Room which had a queen bed and a spacious bathroom with a huge walk-in shower...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Crystal River, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at the Historic Village B&B for a week recently. The home was beautifully decorated, extremely clean & had an abundance of space to use for relaxing on the main floor not to mention the spacious bedroom & bath we occupied! Also, the outdoor spaces included 2 porches, a back patio, a hot tub & a shaded back yard that was very inviting. The gracious proprietors, Betty & Reinhard were so welcoming, kind & a joy to get to know. Betty prepared a delicious, filling breakfast every morning that included some of the best coffee I had during my stay in NY. Our well stocked accommodations included a very comfortable bed with wonderful sheets & very large bathroom with big fluffy towels. They have thought of every detail to make staying there an great experience. I am familiar with the area but Betty was so helpful in providing information to us on places to visit that I hadn’t thought of. The B&B is within walking distance of Main Street so we were able to go out to eat & visit the shops without using our vehicle. Medina is centrally located in WNY so staying at the B&B made it easy to visit the various towns & sites without spending a crazy amount of time in our car. I can't wait for my next stay at this wonderful B&B!

Room Tip: All the rooms are well furnished, roomy & quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I were in the Medina area visiting family. We decided to stay in a B&B this time and fortunately chose the best!!! The home was gorgeous, the rooms were spacious with private baths. There were plenty of areas in the home to sit back, relax, read or just enjoy the view. We didn't get to use the hot tub this time but will in the future. The garden area is so peaceful.
The homemade breakfast was so delicious!!!! Betty and Reinhard are wonderful!!! Since we plan to visit family each year, we will definitely make this our "home away from home".

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Nesi2012
North Riverside, Illinois
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband & I recently stayed at the Historic Village Bed & Breakfast in Medina, NY. This was our first time staying at a B&B, and I'm sure they have raised the bar for other B&B's What a great place! The house itself was gorgeous. Rooms were beautiful, TV & AC, own bathroom. The breakfasts were delicious! Betty & Reinhard were the most wonderful hosts - very accommodating! We hope to get back to Medina at some point in the future and guess where we will stay? Yep, Historic Village B&B. Thanks again, Betty & Reinhard. Hope to see you soon.
The Stachs

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank heystachs1
Euless, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed at this wonderful property over the July 4th holiday. Not only is the property exceptional but the breakfasts were delicious and Betty gave us outstanding recommendations on what to see and do in the area. Downtown Medina is a brief walk and has great shops and restaurants for lunch and dinner. I am a huge fan of Victorian architecture and this is a gem! The period furnishings and decorations make a very pleasant experience.
Other places I have stayed did not offer private baths and air conditioning but this property has it all. I highly recommend you stay with Betty and Reinhard Rogowski!!!

Room Tip: Pictures online do not do the rooms justice but they are a good place to start. We were in the Whist...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Medina
Lockport Inn and Suites
#1 of 1 in Albion
Hart House Hotel
Hart House Hotel
#2 of 3 in Medina

Been to Historic Village Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!