“Disappointed”

Fitzgibbons Public House
Ranked #5 of 22 Restaurants in Medina
Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

My husband wanted the Fish and Chips for 15$...he asked to substitute the fries for a cup of soup....when we got the bill it was 18$ for his dish...what a surprise that was...he could buy two fish fries anywhere else. The fish was overcooked and greasy...he says he won't go back there again. I got the Shepherds Pie which was good...the bread that came with it was dry...I should have got the Ruben..so much for trying new things....the cup of soup was corn crab chowder...it was very good but the waiter said it was 4.50$ because of the crab..live and learn...better off going to Zambistros across the street!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

The food was excellent, great burgers. Very nice ambience! The appetizers were what appeared to be homemade. When in the area, I will be back.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

We were very pleased with both the service and the food at Fitzgibbons. The atmosphere is rustic and the wait staff wear kilts.... a fun touch. The Ruben was very good as was my burger. And the fries were very good.... crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside, just the way they are supposed to be. My Harp draft was cold and fresh. They obviously keep their taps clean...dirty taps are one of my pet peeves. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

I visited Fitzgibbons for a social gathering with friends. Staff is courteous. Prices are good. The deco is outstanding !

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed January 6, 2018

A cold and very snowy night had me looking forward to a warm Irish pub with hearty Irish food. Have to admit that I was really disappointed. for a very cold and snowy night it was fairly cool inside and we sat a good distance from the front door and windows. Server was quick to take a drink order but I had not yet had time to settle in and decide. she cam back shortly for the order at which time I ordered up a Guinness. It arrived in a full and settled glass. I order the shepherd's pie which was at a very reasonable price point.The portion was what you would expect for that menu price. Looked like it had just come from under broiler but it was barely warm which was disappointing. Side was a slice of brown bread which was quite dry and crumbly - hard to spread the cold hard butter on it. The place had a good Scotts/Irish feel but the food was disappointing. I'll give it another try when I am next in Medina but only if it's warm outside and I am not in need of a hearty Irish dish.

Date of visit: December 2017