“What a lovely surprise!”

Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We traveled to Long Island for a friend's wedding in Manorville, NY. The only decent place we could find online was the Fairfield Inn in Medford, NY (only 15 minutes away). We are Marriott members, but had never stayed at their Fairfield Inn locations before and weren't sure what to expect. What a lovely surprise to find a crisp, clean and well-planned hotel with some of the nicest staff we've ever encountered. The young man at the desk suggested a great little place to eat which is NOT to be missed, the Medford Pastaria. It appears to be a hole in the wall, but inside it's authentic and they served one of the best strip steaks we've had in a long time. Oh, and there's a Starbucks practically next door to the hotel! The only drawback would be the "quiche" at the complimentary breakfast which is to be avoided at all costs (but again, it's complimentary, so.....) The coffee is good and they have lovely bagels and juices which I would recommend sticking to for breakfast. The room had nice spring green colors and I liked that I could open the windows (well a little bit, anyway) so some of the luscious fall air could refresh the room. Oh, and the whole hotel is smoke-free and new enough to where I believe there probably has never been smoke in the rooms. And, they have an indoor pool, which is nice. As a side note, it's only a short drive from the Aquarium in Riverhead, which we visited and very much enjoyed. And just south in Mastic, there is Ladikin's Restaurant, which was another pleasant surprise. Lovely, creative, gourmet meals at a very decent price with patio dining overlooking the river (covered when we were there). I would almost consider staying here when we go to NYC to see the shows It's very close to the Islip airport and the Ronkokoma train station that goes into the city. All in all, I would highly recommend this location for any travel to Long Island!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RoadWarrior-Houston

Reviewed September 14, 2010

Stayed here two nights, just checking out the "Forks". was looking for someplace centrally located between the north and south shore and while I wanted to stay in Riverhead, all the placed there were booked. AS I was to find out that is because they are right across the street from the giant Tangier Mall..which is no plus for me.
I have nothing bad to stay about this Fairfield Inn. Very modern and attractive, nice maple wood everywhere, all spotlessly clean. The people at the front desk were very nice and very helpful. Breakfast buffet was not as elaborate as some chains but perfectly good..fruit, cereal, bagels, muffins, yogurt, instant oatmeal, and two items, Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches and quiche to microwave. Again, the woman in charge of the breafast area could not have been nicer or kept a better watch on things. Great wi-fi and handy computer and printer in the lobby 'business area' if like me you had something you had to print.

Ok, why not a five star? Well, the location leaves a bit to be desired, A few rather run down strip malls, a few fast food place and gas stations...oh, and a Starbucks next store. And RIGHT off the highway, although many rooms face the woods and were very, very quiet.
Also, a microwave and mini fridge would have been nice.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank caitemaire
Reviewed July 2, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights as a base to visit the Hampton's and Long Island in general, it provided comfortable, clean accommodation up to the usual high standards of the Fairfield Inn chain. The location was not great in that the immediate vicinity is not exactly small town America but it is convenient to the main road network and within easy driving distance of good restaurants, cinemas, etc. There is a very nice indoor pool and very good fitness suite with individual TVs attached to the running machines and stepper, with complimentary headsets! The breakfast was the typical American Buffet provided in this and similar chains across the country (cereal, bagels, bread, cream cheese, fruit, yoghurts, bacon and egg biscuits, etc).

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Great hotel in a convenient location. Clean rooms, excellent service staff. Highly recommended to stay if you need an excellent hotel in the area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CanteP
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Very small, cozy, nice and clean. Staff is super friendly. Stayed here twice. Limited amenities. The rooms do not have minifridge nor microwave. There is an ice machine and continental breakfast in the morning. Pool and Whirlpool very nice, although the whirlpool had so much chlorine is burned my eyes. Also my daughter caught a virus and I'm not sure if it was from the pool or whirlpool. There were tweens in the pool area that day and they were there for hours, so who knows if they decided to forgo the restroom and use the pool. There is a strip mall across the road and a I believe a Starbucks and 7-11 on the same side of the road, right after the hotel that is next door to the Fairfield, though I would not go too late at night. Not the best area around. I would have given this hotel 5 stars except that twice I stayed here and twice the heat was not sufficient enough to warm up the bathroom. The room was a comfortable 70 degrees, but the bathroom was lower than that. Too cool to shower. Also, the water just does not come out hot enough. On my last visit in March, the sheets did not smell as fresh as they normally do. So I was a bit leary. Given my positive prior experience with this hotel and all other Marriott hotels, I thought maybe I was imagining that my sheets were not changed that day. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed February 4, 2010

We stayed here to allow us to explore the North Shore and the Hamptons. The hotel is convenient to the highway. The property itself is nice - new and clean. The area directly around the hotel isn't the best, but the convenience factor outweighs this.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2009

My Husband and I were attending a family Wedding at Georgio's. We are loyal to Marriott and chose the Fairfield Inn in Medford because it was the closest to the Wedding reception.
The Hotel is brand new! Rates were great! It is clean and the Staff is very Friendly. The Hotel was perfect! The room included a complimentary breakfast. The Breakfast attendant was very sweet.
The indoor pool was a plus!
We would highly recommend this Hotel and plan on staying again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Medford
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven
Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport

Been to Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island? Share your experiences!