“Best hotel on Long Island”

Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I recently stay-cationed at the Fairfield Marriott and was extremely pleased with this hotel. The front desk staff as not only friendly, but extremely helpful. Our room was very clean, down to every last detail. I was pleasantly surprised with the free wifi and delicious complementary breakfast! Every staff member worked hard to ensure a great experience for us. I would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linds F
Fairfieldinnmedford, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding our Staff and our Hotel.
We appreciate your taking the time to write the review.
We hope that if you are ever in the area, again you will choose to stay at the Fairfield Inn-Medford Long Island.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Upon checking out of this motel, I had laid a picture of my son and I (Mind you it was the last pic had taken with my son before I lost him, so very sentimental to me) on the bed to grab on way out. Upon leaving went to bathroom and member was with stood by door and said ready, and thought she had grabbed the picture and said yep. We checked out and got into the car and was driving down the road several hours passing by and we were talking and mentioned the pic. I said did u grab it, she said "NO' thought u had it, so we called the motel and told them room nuber we were in and pic was on the bed. They were going to check with housekeeper and get back to me...day went by no response from them so we called them, oh we don't see anything here in lost and found box but will ask supervisor of the department and let u know. Again not a response from them so we called again, and was told nope nothing found. Well how can nothing be found when it was laying right on the bed, do believe that is because whoever found it looked in between the pic and backing and found some valueable things and don't want to come forward cause they kept it. Well I just hope that whoever cleaned the room and took this picture does never have to go through the pain of losing a child and wanting to keep something precious and have someone take it on you, cause you have really hurt me again by taking my son's picture away from me. I highly have to say I would not recommend this place to anyone, I travel alot and have at times left things behind and called and always gotten my stuff back. Sorry but poor rating from me as this is a THEFT MOTEL......

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Debra C
Fairfieldinnmedford, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on Trip Advisor.
You mentioned that you thought you left an item in your Guest room after you checked out. All of our Guest rooms are thoroughly inspected after each Guest checks out. The Picture Frame you mentioned was not found in the room.
All Items left in Guest rooms are turned into the Front Desk and logged into our Front Desk system prior to the items entered in Lost and Found. I can assure you we would of notified you immediately if the Picture Frame was found.
I do hope that you found your Picture Frame. You mentioned it had sentimental value.
We hope that you choose to stay at the Fairfield Inn-Medford Long Island if you are ever in the area again.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Clean, well opeerated property, easy check-in, clean, modern rooms with quality bedding.
Excellent A/C which kept us cool on a hot night.
Contintalbreakfast had ample choices.
I thought that $200+ was a tad overpriced as the hotel is located off of a main thoroughfare and not resort-like.
Would return if rates were lower.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ejsnyny
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend getaway to visit family. This hotel offers everything you need. Great rooms, employees, and bedding. They also have a pool and spa if you need a little time to unwind after a long day. Front desk goes out of there way to assist you in everyway. Thanks again guys.......good job!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Extremeboating
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor! Our entire Team appreciates your positive comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.
Thank you!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We would have loved to stay at an expensive 'near the water' motel but this Fairfield Inn was actually perfect as a base to explore Long Island. We stayed here 3 nights. It is located right off exit 64 from the Long Island expressway. A very affordable motel in a horribly expensive area. This is a newer, very clean property. It is not the least bit rundown or 'beaten' at this time. The parking is easy, appeared safe, and there is a side entrance for convenience. The small pool area and spa were delightful for us as there was no one there when we used it. There was a nice large TV with many channels, a microwave, and a fridge. A wall mounted thermostat was very nice but that ever present draft on the bed from the a/c unit was unavoidable. The bedding is typical 'average'. The lobby computer was slow as molasses and the breakfast 'very average' if that is important in your decision to stay here. The motel staff was always friendly and helpful. We would definitely come back here and would recommend to friends and family. We were able to drive to Montauk one day and then to the 'north fork' on another day with minimal traffic or time from this location. If travelling on a budget in this expensive area, this may be just the right motel for you, as it was for us.

Room Tip: The top floor was certainly quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hooked_on_travel77
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor for our Hotel. Thank you for all of your positive comments. We are sorry you were not completely satisfied with our Complimentary Breakfast. Good news! Fairfield Inn has plans in place on enhancing our current breakfast. We do hope if you are ever in the area again, you choose to stay with us!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here this past December, and actually forgot to write our review until now. After staying at the Residence Inn located in Holtsville, we decided to give Fairfield a try. The Fairfield is a little closer to our daughter's home. We were very happy with our stay. Actually, we liked this place better than the Residence Inn. We still were given a very nice free breakfast and there is a Starbucks right in the area. The beds were very comfy, and we didn't have to sleep on a lumpy pull out couch like at the Residence. Even though we didn't have a separate living area, we were quite comfortable. The staff was very accommodating. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank disneygrandmama
Fairfieldinnmedford, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay here in December. My Team and I appreicate your taking the time to write about your experience at the Fairfield Inn-Medford Long Island.
We are happy that your chose to stay here and are looking forward to you coming back. I look forward to meeting you the next time you visit your Daughter.

Barbara Montalbano

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Clean Hotel.Free breakfast.Free Shuttle.Great,friendly staff.Good value.

Room Tip: All rooms have refrigerant,microwave.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Danielle M

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay. We are glad you enjoyed the Complimentary Breakfast and had an opportunity to use our Shuttle.

My Team and I are thrilled with your wonderful comments regarding our service.

We look forward to your next visit to Medford.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Medford
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport

Been to Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island? Share your experiences!