Comfort Inn
$140
  • Room Service
$110
$149
SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven(Bellport)(Great Value!)
$149
$124
ClarionHotels
Lakeland Inn(Bohemia)
$93
All reviewsroom was cleanrecommend this hotelunder renovationbudget hotelwould stay againthe hotel staffvery nice hotelcontractorslieratespropertiesrelatives
Reviewed July 2, 2009

Bugs on the bed, dirty sheets, stinking rooms and cheap breakfast... look at my photos...

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank T0r0nt0B0y
Reviewed June 29, 2009

We stayed here for a family gathering in the area and were pleased with the room, which was attractive, clean and spacious. Everyone we dealt with was pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was the usual mix of juice, muffins, bagels, cereal, etc. More than adequate. Only glitches were when we had to ask more than once for extra towels and a roll away bed, but it wasn't a big deal and they were very nice. Very convenient location right off the LIE. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 50Penny
Reviewed July 27, 2008

For my best friend's birthday, I treated him to three days at the Stony Brook Film Festival. The Comfort Inn in Medford was
reasonably priced and close by. We enjoyed our stay. The room was fine, the service was very good, and the complimentary breakfast was excellent. Unless you need fancier digs, I'd
recommend Medford's Comfort Inn to just about anyone.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed May 10, 2008

I was out in the area for business & a little skeptical about staying here, because I had passed it from the highway many times before & it never looked like much. But I couldn't find another room elsewhere so I bit the bullet, and I'm glad I did! I was so pleasantly surprised with this hotel - it was immaculate, the room was spacious and comfy, and the bathroom had room to move and then some. The outlets are ample in the room if you travel with a lot of equipment like I do, the wireless signal is great, and there is so much space to put stuff. If you like to wind down at the end of a busy work day with a movie, they have the pay-per-view movies with about 80 recent titles to choose from!

This place is right off exit 64 of the Long Island Expressway, with easy access right back on. There are several gas stations within a one block radius (the Exxon that is closest also seems to be the most expensive, although it does have a 24 hour Dunkin Donuts within), a strip mall across the street, a 7-11 two properties down, and a small strip mall with a Starbucks & Quiznos that shares the hotel driveway. So you won't be lacking in food or drink.

Just a couple of notes for those who might be extremely specific in what they look for in a hotel:

1) For females who are traveling alone, like I was, this seems to be the place for all the out of town construction workers, truckers, etc to stay. Mind you, this doesn't make this a low grade hotel by any means. You don't even notice they're there except for general activity around the hotel, but if you're an overly worried, nervous woman that fears strange men, this might not be the place for you.

2) For those who expect every essential known to man in the bathroom, you're not going to get that here. You get shampoo & lotion (although as I mistakingly found out in my early morning sleep induced haze, it's a pretty good conditioner also...sigh), a facial soap, and a body soap that looks and smells like wet cardboard. Towel wise, if you've got more than one person in the room, you're going to want to get some extra towels as they only provide you with two of each to start. None of this matters to me, so I have no personal complaints about it.

But seriously, give this place a shot, especially if you're only there for a few nights. You might just be pleasantly surprised as well.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 20, 2007

I was booked into this hotel through my work. It's going through a lot of changes right now and looking it up on the net before I arrived did absolutely no good. It was said to have a pool, microwave and refrigerators in the room, etc. Neither of these things were true. It advertises wireless internet in all the rooms, but right now I'm sitting down the lobby because it's the only place I can connect!
The front desk staff is very friendly and very helpful but they are working in lousy circumstances. They should all be working at a much higher class hotel. I have absolutely no complaints about them.
The housekeeping staff is so stingy with the towels that we (I am sharing the room with a work mate for two weeks) have only had ONE washcloth for several days.... towels are the same. (I've learned... I bring my own!)
I asked for a light bulb to be changed in my room... twice. No dice. I finally had to get up on a chair, and bring the burnt one down to the desk.... THEN I got some assistance.
The elevator doesn't work. The whole place needs updating in a bad way.

There are a couple decent places to eat close by. I'm not talking gourmet, mind you.... (and I've been a chef for over 20 years so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to food!)
There is a great diner down the street called Metropolis. Lots of choices here. The prices are a little more than you'd expect for a diner but it's good food and plenty of it. Check it out. I also ate at Sandy's Crab Shack down by a little park by the bay... good crabcake sandwich but a bit pricey for what you get. The ONION RINGS were great! Also check out the inexpensive lunch or dinner buffet at Curry Kebob House on Rt. 112. Very nice folks.
Metropolis is on the same road not far from the hotel.
IF this hotel can put a little money into remodeling things.... I'd recommend it. Otherwise.... don't bother unless it's all you can find.
Plus factor? It's got an ok breakfast bar. Convenient to things. Rooms were relatively quiet and the AC worked. I can't tell you if the bed is good or bad because I'm SO tired by the end of my day I'd probably be able to sleep on the floor!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)