“Great place to bring the kids”

TreePaad Fun Center
Alexandria, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great place to bring the kids”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I've taken my daughter here a number of times and she loves it. Typically, we pay for the use of the ball fort and nothing else, and it's not super-unreasonable. I'd imagine that a party here would be a great idea, but I've never had or attended one. They have a rock climbing wall, an infant/small toddler area, a large ball fort(primary attraction), a trampoline basketball game(for older kids), laser tag, something resembling a build-a-bear station where you can stuff animals, bounce houses, and a laser maze, as well as a number of coin sucking games and machines that will leech you dry. They also have a small food window where they have some gross-looking pizza and pretzels and other junk. I have not tested any of it, so I can't attest to its quality.

When my daughter was three, she loved the ball fort but hated all the noise. It's very noisy inside and a lot of little kids cover their ears when the central air blaster goes off. Now, at 4, she loves it and will run around like a maniac for hours. There are several slides, lots of alcoves and obstacles, and plenty to do. This place WEARS KIDS OUT.

The only main problem is that it's sometimes hard to keep her in the fort. She will walk right out and hover around the games, then beg me to play them. Obviously, this was TreePaad's intent as every quarter counts. But if you are good at saying no to your kids, it can make for a fun time. Caution: gets packed in the wintertime. Also, when you pay for the ball fort you are paying for 2 hours. However, no one has ever come around and checked my wristband or asked us to leave when we occasionally stay for 3 or 4.

Visited May 2013

Waterford, NY
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“If you can get your kids to stay in the fort it's worth every penny”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I didn't bother with the bounce house, toddler area or the rock climbing, etc. Just the fort alone was plenty for my high-energy three year old. We've been there several times, and he just LOVES it. The ball guns scared him at first but he got over it. Bonus for mom and dad too as with all that running and climbing, we were sweating at the end like we'd just completed a boot camp workout!

Two things I noticed and loved about the "rules"
nowhere does it say "no running"
parents are allowed in the fort (though don't know about bouncy areas, I would understand why if not)

This is a great place to go if you are an active parent and really want to play with your kid. Our son is an only child so we're often big brother/big sister too. He met other great kids as well and soon we had a whole train of people running a lap up to the upper level of the fort, running (full clip!) around the top and then going down the slides racing each other. Aaaand, repeat.

Food is "okay" but I didn't expect much. Much better than Chuck E Cheese in fun and food. Only benefit CEC has is they have Gluten Free Pizza but that only affects my friend, not me.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank TiffNLuke
Schenectady, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Second time not a charm”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Seems the rules in the way to pay for the place changes from day today high-cost for minimal use of activities. Seems it's more for a place for parties if you are not here for a party you must pay handsomely for each activity. Seems to me that the kids whom just come to play are treated poorly. Not really an indoor playground more of a party place. From what I see the parties are groups that do everything together kids must follow the employee around doing activities as planned no ability to choose. If you have a child that is disabled I would not bother coming. Nothing really anything here for them to do other than video games. We are here and yes I am writing this sitting in the place with a child with autism who had wrist band last time and now he can't confusing to him, stressful. There are no family restrooms so children must go into restrooms alone if with different sex parent, this makes me uncomfortable but at the sametime do not want to bring 9 year old in girls room with little girls. Could be more family friendly. Will not discuss food as is not anything our kids will be eating all fried and no fresh.

3 Thank Mary B
Schenectady, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great place to play! Food well lets talk”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Tree Paad with my great nephews who have been waiting so impatiently for the re opening. The boys had a great time playing all the different activities. The staff are young and they do spend time texting and chatting among themselves. My oldest is special needs and he got along quite well until it came time for food. Seems fried is there favorite and for children that are taught to eat a healthier diet thee is nothing really to offer. This is what bothered me them most. There was nothing fresh to choose from, not even a simple tossed salad. Since this is a place that you can not bring food into it is hard on the family that is like ours and trying to teach our children to eat properly. For that matter the menu to the best of my knowledge had nothing I would consider glutten free either, except of course French fries.

We will be visiting the Tree Paad again this weekend but we are going to plan or time there in between meals, leaving when it is time for lunch. Would like to see healthier foods and then we could be there for the day.

2 Thank Mary B
Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Chaos in your face!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wow - Tree Paad is a crazy place for all ages! While visiting family in NY recently, I brought my nephew (23mths) and was blown away by this interesting concept. I didn't really know what to expect as there were only a few pictures on the website. Being a bit younger than their target age group, my nephew still had a great time. The toddler area is really small and there isn't much for them to do. We went on a Saturday so it was pretty crowded. Since my nephew is a little bigger than your average 2 yr old, we were able to venture out to the bouncy house as well. He loved it! However for only 6mins of jumping at two tickets it was a short lived activity. I think there is more for toddlers to play on at the Wilton Mall play area ( I think its near JC Penney).

I would highly recommend this place for older kids, maybe 5 and up instead. The toddler area is not completely "fenced in" so there is opportunity for escapees if you're not careful.

Visited March 2013

Been to TreePaad Fun Center? Share your experiences!