“Best free breakfast ever!”

and 1 more site!
Chautauqua Suites, Meeting & Expo Center
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mayville
Minnesota
“Best free breakfast ever!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Really nice hotel, but first breakfast... fresh raspberries, blackberries, blueberries; bacon, sausage, hash browns, scrambled eggs; blueberry scones... delicious! The hotel is beautiful, rooms very nicely appointed. Beds and sofabeds are very comfortable. Very nice desk staff, gave us a Chautauqua gate pass to use for the evening that had been returned early by another customer. The standard size suites are a bit cozy - they could use another sitting chair, but there really isn't room. But that is hardly a valid complaint when there is so much great about this place!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Nice hotel across the street from the lake. Convenient to all things Chautauqua and Jamestown.We liked the suite aspect of this spot, including the newness and restaurant on premise.

The room was nicer than expected, (couldn't find any photo's online so it was a bit of a risk), with a couch and TV with a mini-fridge in the front section. A 1/2 bath along the hall with a bedroom and bath in back. The room and bedding were clean, bed and pillows, comfortable. It was nice to have the bed and sitting area apart too. Love the 1.5 baths!!

Now the tough part.. although I love to read, I prefer to choose rather than have suggested reading items left on the nightstand. Especially if those suggested items come inscribed with a stern 'leave this for the next guest'. If I want something to read, if I have the time when traveling, I'll choose something I want to read, thanks :)

It felt forced, even presumptuous, to assume all guests would snuggle up to the "new deal" nightstand suggested reading choice. So to avoid marks from my glass of water, I put the new deal book safely in the lowest drawer, promoting the Bible above the phone book, just to add a little life to your day and give you something to talk about.

If you want to implement a reading library (like so many hotels do now), with such a cool lobby and fireplace, I'm sure it would be a huge hit if you offered say, more than one suggested reading item. Maybe Tripadvisor guests could help by bringing books in? Like a food drive, instead of a canned item, drop off a book to read for your new library.

Enough said, it's your hotel. We had fun. The hotel is clean, comfy and in a good spot.We thought at first there were curfews because so few were out past 9PM but we adapted.

TIPS: The key-less entry cards work consistently on the 7th swipe (you'll have to put the bags down), and breakfast is both free and filling although there aren't enough tables for guests.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
cleveland, ohio
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My sister and I wanted to attend the art show and an evening concert within Chautauqua Institution. I did not want to stay on the grounds because some of the hotels/b&b do not appear to have air conditioning, and the parking looks like a pain. I found Chautauqua Suites on Tripadvisor and it was a perfect choice. Nice, clean hotel with a shuttle bus to Chautauqua which drops off and picks up at the main entrance, and only takes 5 minutes. The rooms are kind of quirky--they all have one queen bed and many also have a fold out couch bed in the office section of the room. The rooms are actually 2 rooms--one side has a large built-in with desk, frig, tv, small clothes closet and guest bathroom. Then there is a small hallway to the queen bed room and a full bath with stall shower. Worked perfectly for us. The food is okay--far from excellent for either dinner and breakfast, but price for dinner was average. There are other restaurants in the area which people told us later are very good. Breakfast is included in the price. Restaurant menu is Italian and atmosphere is very dark --with only windows for the whole place in a small side room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Portland, Maine
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Much better than I expected, free breakfast buffet, great italian restaurant on premises, nice setting. Visited Lily Dale, this hotel is about 12 miles away. The hotel is quiet and comfortable, the staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The suites are a little small, but the half bath makes up for it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Austin, TX
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Chautauqua Suites provided excellent accommodations only about four miles from the Chautauqua grounds. The site is well maintained and the rooms are comfortable and comforting. Good breakfast selections. An enjoyable stay overall.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredonia, New York
Reviewed July 7, 2012

when we were younger we used to go to Mayville on the 4th of july but got out of the habit .we tried again but stayed at the suites even though it's quite far from the center of town where the parade goes through.On their website they advertise a shuttle/trolley to get to town(no taxis in the area)I always try to plan ahead and talk to the staff to make sure everything goes well.I stopped by on a weekend and was told "we don't do runs to town"I didn't cancel my reservation that was made on 3/8/12 until i tried during the week(regular staff)>I talked to Patti the manager and she explained that they did in fact go to a few places in town which was fine by me.I added the 3rd to our stay now that i thought i'd gotten things straightened out.We checked in and they tried to put us on the second floor instead of the first which i'd requested.We got the first floor.I checked on the shuttle to town and was told they didn't go there.While I was dealing with Ashleighly(so many different spellings)Carrol was listening to the other girl doing check-in.she gave them a small sheet outlining where the shuttle went and the number to call for a ride back to the hotel.along with a coupon for a free breakfast in the hotel(very good by the way).my wife gave me a nudge,told me what she'd overheard.i asked the girl i was dealing with and she said we don't go to the place you asked about but another further up the road.then i got the sheet for the shuttle along with the coupons.After that was taken care of the visit went well.we used the shuttle 3 times(they leave at the top of the hour,check the hours available and if they will be running during your visit)and the drivers were excellent.all in all a good visit.we booked for next 3rd and 4th of july before leaving.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jhkinney
Kenmore, New York, United States
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Did an overnight stay on Wednesday the 6th of June and was extremely pleased with all aspects of the hotel. Me and a friend go on an annual golf trip with 10 friends and decided to extend 1 night. The room was clean, comfortable and a nice layout, The Service was nothing but friendly from all from the time we arrived. Matt the Bar Manager was Fantastic, he advised us of every special, and his drinks where perfect. The food was out of this world with the Soup and Deepfried Ravolis being my favorite, It was so good that the next night the entire group came up to try and it was a hit, they where so happy with the reasonable cost and high quality of the food that they came back Friday as well. Highly recommened

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mayville
The Spencer Hotel and Spa
Holiday Motel Westfield
Holiday Motel Westfield
#2 of 2 in Westfield
Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown

Been to Chautauqua Suites, Meeting & Expo Center? Share your experiences!