“Nice suites, Clean, and great service”

and 1 more site!
Chautauqua Suites, Meeting & Expo Center
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mayville
Rochester, New York
“Nice suites, Clean, and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

Some of the suites have a pull out bed in the "living room", others have two overstuffed chairs. All have a comfy queen bed with GREAT pillows, and a bath and a half. TV and internet in BOTH rooms. Luxury!

We were guests after our home burned, and were treated very well by more than pleasant management including the head of housekeeping. Everyone was very kind. Swimming was at the Turner Center of the Chautauqua Institution. I have been there, but not during our stay. I have included it in my rating as it is available to guests, and it is indeed a very nice facility, just a bit down the road - (You'd likely want to drive there).

Included breakfast was delightful, including fresh baked (NOT OTIS S) muffins which were so much better than the packaged type. Coffee and tea were above average and 24 hour availability.

We stayed for several days until our new apartment was ready to be occupied. I would highly recommend Chautauqua Suites to all visitors to the Chautauqua area, and I want to thank them for their gracious hospitality shown to our family.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Fredonia, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

we had our company party here on 1/07/12.very well run.good food.hotel room was very nice(clean and well appointed).breakfast was included the next morning.quite a spread,bacon,sausage,home fries,scrambled eggs,waffles,fruit,bagels,donuts and i know there was more but i was hungry and that was as far as i got.we stay there a few times a year and always have a good time.Carrol and I just treat the holiday party as a date that just happens to have other people in the ballroom.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jhkinney
Elma, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

We went to the Chautauqua area with another couple for a week end get a way. The hotel is across the street from the lake, however, you do have a view of the lake.

Probably one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed at. The lobby area is very cozy. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate are always available. The rooms are set up sort of strange. I believe they call them suites. They have one and a half bathrooms. However, I do not feel like this is best use of the space they allow for each room. The bedroom area has a full bath off of it, however, the bedroom area has the only window - which looks out on the lake. The other end of the room has another television and sofa and closet. Not much lightening in that area. The hall that joins the living area to the bedroom has a half bath off it. I realy do not see the reason or need for it. There were only two of us in the room.

We had a very nice time. Breakfast was included and was very good and fresh. Nothing hot but the breads and fruit were very good. Staff was friendly. Clean...everything was clean.

We spent the day driving around - not too much to do in October, however, we ended up finding a few awesome wineries and a good place to eat. It was a good place to relax. They have a pool and fitness center, however, it is a few miles up the road.

Much nicer, in my opinion, to stay here than to rent a cottage and/or camp.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sandpiper14086
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

I booked a holiday party here in December 2010 and was very disappointed as to the outcome. The events manager was the most unprofessional individual I have ever worked with. I feel that I can speak to this having managed over 50 events myself. This individual communicated to me via text for the majority of the contract duration which in and of itself was unprofessional. I was accused of lying about the number of individuals who attended the event and they attempted to charge me more. The individual who was in charge of my event didn't even come to the actual event to ensure things were running well and we were happy with everything, which is why when she began with the accusations (via text of course) it was rather ironic since she hadn't even been there themselves. There were also situations that some of the employees had personal issues with myself and others running and attending the event, so they did the best they could to ensure that they created as many problems for us as possible. It's unfortunate that these individuals couldn't remember their professional responsibilities to ensure the event ran smoothy. It got so bad, I actually had to have a conversation with my lawyer about the contract details relating to the final bill. I would absolutely not recommend this to anyone for their event, especially those who are looking for something upscale as the staff is not equipped to handle it. If you're looking for experienced, professional staff, run the other direction.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank pinkpassionfruit
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

If you don't like to stay in a cabin, a motel or an old out-of-date hotel, then The Chautauqua Inn & Suites is a great place to stay on Lake Chautauqua in western New York. The staff is helpful and polite. The lobby is a cozy place to hang out with free coffee. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable with fresh linens.The room we stayed in had two bathrooms, a good TV with a lot of channels and wireless internet service. Olives & Bellini, the hotel restaurant, was excellent. The Inn is located close to all the amenities of the area. We rented a boat from the near by Chautauqua Marina and visited some of the winerys in the area. Also, we stayed here in January and even with the multitude of snowmobilers it was like a winter wonderland!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gretskiskily
Woodbury, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Chautauqua Suites for a family wedding over the Labor Day weekend. We were in room 320 overlooking Lake Chautaqua. I loved that there were 2 bathrooms - one for each of us which is just like home. The room was very clean and the bed and pillows were comfortable. We had good food and great customer service at Olives--the hotel restaurant. We very much enjoyed our visit and would stay here again. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ZUtravels_11
Lakewood, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

This is a nice property with spacious, clean rooms. Across the road is the lake and it's only about a mile from the Chautauqua Institution. The staff were also friendly and helpful. I could not find on the website if there was a continental breakfast, but there is one included. It is mostly carbs though (bagels, cereal, danishes, some mixed fruit, and yogurt). You can pay extra for a hot breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, omelets, etc.).

My biggest con is the poor wireless network. Unless you have a room near the router/repeater, you may or may not get a signal. I could get a low signal in the living room area, but no signal in the bedroom area. We were only about halfway down the hall from where the signal seemed to originate. If we were two more rooms down, I doubt I would have had a signal at all. During my stay I saw other travelers with their laptops in the lobby; so, I'm guessing they had the same issue. For a meeting and expo center, I would expect the Internet connection to be much stronger.

The bed was a bit firm for me, but perfect for my husband. I overheard someone at breakfast say her bed was too soft, so I think they may have both throughout the hotel. You may want to ask when you make your reservation if you have a preference.

Room Tip: If you prefer a first floor room, ask for one on the short hall. The long hall is across from the ex...