“Good Food, Friendly Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Docks

Docks
Ranked #15 of 23 Restaurants in Mayville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Strongsville, Ohio, United States
“Good Food, Friendly Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Keeping in mind this is a small town with limited restaurant choices, I would still say the food was very good. The service was great and the menu items are not too expensive. It was under
$ 50 for two people to eat dinner, tip included. I had some of the best breaded shrimp I have ever eaten. They have an all you can eat crab legs special for $ 29 but this was too pricy for us. Tip: Don't confuse The Docks with the diner/bar next door by the same owner.

• Visited October 2013

Toronto
“Wonderful Perch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Four of us meet in Mayville every September and try the restaurants in the area. We were not disappointed this week with Docks - all of us had fresh perch for the main course and it was magnificent, lightly pan fried with very little batter. Lots of fish and baked potato which was very tasty indeed. Our server was very accommodating and keen to make sure we all enjoyed ourselves. Apparently the perch is delivered whole and the chef fillets and de ones it. If you like perch this is the restaurant for you.

• Visited October 2013
Abilene, Texas
“That Down Home Feel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

The Docks has a good variety of fresh seafood and fresh water fish. I had the trout and my husband had the garlic and ginger haddock. Both were cooked perfectly and very tasty. My trout featured their special rub with crispy skin a succulent flesh. My husband greatly enjoyed the haddock, though I didn't taste it. The salad was a bit watery with large pieces of iceberg lettuce, crispy, razor thin carrot slices, cucumber and tomatoes. I would have preferred less lettuce and a few more of the locally grown cherry tomatoes, but that's me. The waitress was wonderful even though she was taking care of a large party as well as at least two other tables which all seemed to be at the same meal stage. We did not avail ourselves of the "all you can eat crab legs" but it was tempting. Docks has a great view of Lake Chautauqua across the street. And has locally made folk art items for sale.

• Visited September 2013
San Antonio
“An Must Stop While in the Area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Kinda funky, usually with music playing, this is a must stop for us because of the "all the king crab you can eat" on the menu. And while my wife is diligently cracking crabs, I have a pretty good (not great) steak. It's fun sitting on the porch, overlooking Lake Chautauqua.

Visited July 2013
Nassau, New Providence Island
“Most AMAZING Seafood & waitresses at Chautauqua”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I had lemon pepper haddock and I had scallops. It was the best we had ever had! Connie was our waitress - the most polite, warm, efficient and attentive I've ever had.

We were so impressed we told our friends about it and the "all you can eat" crab legs sign on the road as we left. My party of 9 returned the next day at lunch for all you can eat crab legs only to be told it was dinner only! we left but came back at dinner. Our waitress this time was Bonnie (Connie's twin sister) and she was equally outstanding. As a Road Warrior, I have developed high restaurant standards and both the waitresses (Bonnie AND Connie) and the food was EXCEPTIONAL!!! Only problem was the slow kitchen that produced the legs every 15 not every 8 minutes. GREAT TIME was had by all!!

• Visited August 2013