“An Must Stop While in the Area”
Review of Docks

Docks
Ranked #15 of 23 Restaurants in Mayville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Antonio
“An Must Stop While in the Area”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Kinda funky, usually with music playing, this is a must stop for us because of the "all the king crab you can eat" on the menu. And while my wife is diligently cracking crabs, I have a pretty good (not great) steak. It's fun sitting on the porch, overlooking Lake Chautauqua.

Visited July 2013

Nassau, New Providence Island
“Most AMAZING Seafood & waitresses at Chautauqua”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I had lemon pepper haddock and I had scallops. It was the best we had ever had! Connie was our waitress - the most polite, warm, efficient and attentive I've ever had.

We were so impressed we told our friends about it and the "all you can eat" crab legs sign on the road as we left. My party of 9 returned the next day at lunch for all you can eat crab legs only to be told it was dinner only! we left but came back at dinner. Our waitress this time was Bonnie (Connie's twin sister) and she was equally outstanding. As a Road Warrior, I have developed high restaurant standards and both the waitresses (Bonnie AND Connie) and the food was EXCEPTIONAL!!! Only problem was the slow kitchen that produced the legs every 15 not every 8 minutes. GREAT TIME was had by all!!

1 Thank By C
Angola, New York
“Upscale? hmmm not quite”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

What a great view of Chautaqua Lake. We sat on a very nice porch and waited luckily another guest said we needed to go inside to sign in. Went in and was told if you don't sign in nobody knows your there and you could wait forever by a waitress that was sitting at the bar. The hostess that was sitting at the bar followed me out with the menu. I asked if there was any signs to state this (silly me) it was at the enterance. (Maybe there should be staff on the look out for customers who may want support the local establishments, it's not like they couldn't here us we have Harley's)
We were excited about the all you could eat crab legs but opted on the surf and turf with a side of crab legs. The shrimp was very tasty deep fried with a very flavorful breading, The baked potato had lots of butter just the way I like it The bean were fresh that was a pleasant suprise. The crab legs ohhh maybe I should have gone there they were so good.
The steak... Aghh how disapointing after all of the other food was so good. I asked for medium and got it well - sent it back and got closer to medium well and something that tasted like it was microwaved.
Did I mention what a beautiful view and how it really could be a destination..... but isn't

1 Thank Laurie B
Bradford, Pennsylvania
“Unlimited Crab Legs”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This restaurant it the by far the best kept secret of Mayville! It's right on the water with seating available inside and outside! It's approximately 2 miles down the road from the Chautauqua Institute! I was with a party of 6! 3 of us had unlimited crab legs for $29.99 a person. Another person had crab stuffed walleye; another person had a fish fry with french fries; and the last person had carp! It was all delicious!!! I would definitely recommend the crab legs. They were cooked fresh for every order you ordere. You just tell the waitress/waiter to keep them coming until you say STOP! My boyfriend had close to 10 rounds of crab! It's totally worth every penny we spent there. Everyone was so friendly from the staff to the other people eating there! Trust me- you won't be disappointed with your experience!

1 Thank Sarah C