“Love to sit on the patio and enjoy dinner overlooking the lake”

Lanzi's On The Lake
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Mayfield
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Lanzi Family Welcomes you to Lanzi's on the Lake!The best waterfront view on the Great Sacandaga Lake - Lanzi's is successfully run by three generations of the Lanzi Family. A warm ambiance greets diners as they enter the primary dining area boasting high ceilings and natural wood with an outstanding vista of the Great Sacandaga Lake. The bank of dining room windows leads to an outdoor deck which seats 135 guests - affording them all a spectacular view of the Sacandaga.
Johnstown, New York
“Love to sit on the patio and enjoy dinner overlooking the lake”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We go to Lanzi's two or three times every summer to sit on the patio and enjoy the lake view while we eat. Husband usually orders prime rib, I prefer the tortellini caesar salad. On the last visit they were out of prime rib and the substituted steak was only so-so. We've had lots of good meals there, so we'll chalk it up as an aberration and keep it on our list of places we like!

• Visited July 2013
Elizabeth E, Public Relations Manager at Lanzi's On The Lake, responded to this review, July 31, 2015
Thank-you for your review!

Amsterdam, New York
“what an expensive disappointment”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I am very disappointed in Lanzi's. On July 7, we brought our son and his friend to thank them for helping us with a back breaking chore. We made reservations for 8:00. We were not asked if we wanted inside or outside, and I made the mistake of assuming we would have a choice. No - 45 minute wait to go outside. Fine, my bad. However, we arrived before 8 and were not served our food until 9:45. No one had eaten since lunch. People arrived after us, ate and left. The dining room was cleaned around us as we sat alone in a corner and waited almost 2 hours for food. The meal was good (not great), our daughter's pasta and our son's steak were lukewarm. My son finished first, and we were given dessert menus while we were still eating. In fact, we had to order dessert while we were still eating. Then the table was cleared while I and my son's friend were still eating. Not the waitresses' fault - I understand everyone wanted to go home. We ate dessert quickly and left - it was obvious we were keeping the staff late. It wasn't a cheap meal - over 200 with tip. My family usually goes to Lanzi's several times over the summer, and we have never had a bad experience - until now. And we were embarrassed, especially after we told our son's friend that it was the best restaurant in the area. He wasn't impressed. I wrote Lanzi's the next morning, and several times after that. On July 12, I got a message that it was being referred to management. Eight days later, still no response.

1 Thank Diane S
Liberty, New York
“Beautiful Little waterfront Restaurant”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stopped by the place for a late lunch/early dinner & drinks. We were seated ouside on the large deck, with tables & umbrellas. The scenery was gorgeous. Staff was very attentive and also they were training a new young waitress. The food was delish, we had, and reccomend the Firecracker Shrimp as an appetizer. We shared one plate. The best I have ever had! I see some of the reviews on this place, however, we didn't experience any of that. Service was great, food was great, and the cost was about average. Had a wonderful time, and will definately go back!

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent view - shame about the rest”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Came across this by chance when touring the area. What a fantastic view. The food and the service however! We were ignored when we went in, had to ask a waiter to be seated, we were pointed to a seat, 15 minutes later, I went up to a waitress and asked for a menu, another 15 minutes pass I go up and ask the waiter who first told us where to sit if there was any chance of being served, he expressed surprise as he thought we were being attended to. Although we were on holiday and not in a hurry it did get a bit annoying - noticed as well another couple sent food back and told the waiter they wouldn't be back. The food was indifferent, I had a side salad and French fries as there was no vegetarian option on the menu.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Ray C
Slingerlands, New York
“Not worth the trip”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had visited this restaurant many years ago and remembered ordering this lovely fish dish. So, I thought I'd try it again. Not good. I had 3 other adult diners with me that I encouraged to also try this place. (Isn't that embarrassing when the place ends up being a total loser?).
One diner had the chicken parm. It looked like it came from a frozen dinner and also tasted like it. I ordered the fish as noted and it had a very, very dried taste, and not flavorful. Overall it was a disappointment to all. Also misery when the bill arrived. Way too experience especially for the food you receive. Disappointing. Very.
Did I mention it was WAY TOO expensive?

1 Thank 396Foodtester