“Great family farm for pumpkin picking”
Review of Harbes Family Farm

Harbes Family Farm
Ranked #3 of 20 things to do in Mattituck
More attraction details
Owner description: Set in the heart of the beautiful North Fork, the Mattituck Farm & Vineyard is a scenic country destination for pumpkin picking, fresh fruits & vegetables, fresh country foods, and award-winning wines!
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

We were there this weekend and it was a cute place. They have a corn maze, hayrides, a wine tasting barn(u can also purchase glass or bottles), snack shack, pony rides, bouncy house and other things for the kids to play with and in. It's western themed at the farm in jamesport.

Only thing I thought was a little high priced was the maze. $10 for the mini and $15 for the mega. With a family of 4 it's a lot. Pumpkins are $.55 lbs. not bad. If ur going to buy a lot of them I'd prolly find a farm with all u can carry. But def a great farm for extra a activities.

2  Thank Nunu8473
"candle making"
"baby goats"
"lots of picnic tables"

Reviewed October 7, 2012

There was a time, years ago, when our closest friends would object to our choice for an autumn day out in the country: "Why go so far, for pumpkins and Halloween fun?". In fact most people were stopping at Lewin Farms, or at other places available on the first five or six miles of Sound Avenue. Not anymore. Fine: I get that. I did expect to find even more people from the city, or Nassau, or Suffolk, this year. My problem is that the greedy dilettantes who run Harbes Farm still think that they can serve several hundred visitors with a barbecue grill as big as my neighbor's. I spent thirty-five minutes on line for a $5.95 sausage with one end burned black, and peppers on top that were practically raw. Some of the curly sweet fries ($4.95 for a smallish portion) were burned too, and those that were not burned tasted like oil that should have been changed hours before. The place is beautiful, no doubt. Some of the people working there are also nice, and kind. They are just not ready to handle such a number of customers: they need professional help. And with those prices, they should be able to afford it too.

6  Thank AFPT
Reviewed September 24, 2012

It was more like Jamesport than Mattituck - double check where you're going 'cause there's a few of them (Harbes), but it's hard to miss. Went with my son and we had a blast! There are "Merry Men" type characters that meet you along the way through the maze. You are charged with finding certain items in the maze and meeting certain challenges to be allowed to continue on your way. Of course, they are family-friendly challenges and everyone IS quite merry. The maze is challenging and thank goodness my son has a good sense of direction because, apparently, I no longer do! There other things to do there - they offered food including (what a shock!) roasted corn, a small petting zoo, apple picking for an additional charge (seasonal, I'm sure), and a live band on the day we were there - don't know if that's usual. Highly recommended!!

1  Thank stkNy
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Just happened upon this place while visiting wineries in Riverhead. The corn maze caught our eye from the road and who doesn't love a corn maze? You could actually buy a cup of wine to take into the maze with you, which was cool and makes it more fun for adults! The maze was fun, especially with the added element of "battling" Robin Hood. There were some farm animals and apple picking as well, although we didn't have a chance to do that. Seemed like a great place to bring kids for an afternoon. We also visited the winery itself, which is a little bit down the road, for a wine tasting. The wines were also quite good! There was some food available (burgers, etc) but we didn't have any so I can't speak for it, but the place was pretty crowded. A fun stop at your visit to Long Island!

1  Thank jrp1978