“Can't ask for more”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mattituck
Cedar House on Sound B&B
Ranked #1 of 2 Mattituck B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Dave and his staff were extraordinarily welcoming throughout our stay, also accommodating our last minute reservation and late arrival without a blink. The place is spacious, rustic, clean, a unique blend of farm and winery, refreshingly unpretentious. Breakfast was generous, hearty and truly creative. We had a great time and certainly made the right choice for our spontaneous mid-week getaway.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Dave and Donna and the enitre staff (Heidi included) made our "Minimoon" experience unforgettable. From the quality of the rooms (modern and spacious) to helping us out with any reservations or requests, they really apply their knowledge of the hospitality business and truly love what they do. And they love applying a "Food Network" quality to breakfast, adjusting for food allergies or restrictions: multigrain french toast with berry-mint reduction, twice-baked potato with peppers, spinach, cheese, and poached eggs, and poached eggs on smokey portabello mushrooms with sweet and regular potato medley (these are just the ones we tried). Hanging out in the living room with wine and good company is a nice way of winding down after dining out. And to those concerned with the noise coming from these gatherings, we're pretty sure that's nothing that can't be dealt with by asking politely to respect your rest.
Anyway, this is NOT a fake review, we had a wonderful time and we would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband received a gift certficate to Cedar House for his 60th birthday from his children. Not knowing what to expect, we headed out for a two night stay during the week. What a pleasant surprise! We were greeted by Dave and immediately felt at home. Our first afternoon there consisted of a long walk and a bottle of wine from the Cedar House vineyard. Our room was private, comfortable, clean, and perfect! We enjoyed shooting pool in the great room, the fabulous breakfasts that Dave prepared, with help from Rick the manager, and the wine tasting that turned into a party. We enjoyed being greeted by Heidi, the dog on our returns to Cedar House. All in all, it was a wonderful experience and we look forward to turning this into an annual event!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary Ann C
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was spending a couple of days exploring the East End with my boyfriend, and I wanted to bring him somewhere special once we reached the North Fork. Everyone that I knew living nearby recommended, hands down, that we stay at Ceder House.

It was probably the best B&B I've ever stayed in.

The house, a renovated old barn, is absolutely stunning. But it's as functional as it is beautiful. In the common area there is a pool table, a pub table and large comfortable couches. Our room was spotless and very large, despite being only the mid-size option, with a king sized bed and brand new bathroom. Outside there is a fire pit and chairs, which apparently are open to the guests, although we didn't make use of them.

Being located on Scarola Vineyards, we had a fantastic view of the fields from our room. Included was a wine tasting and vineyard tour, and we also received a discount card for use at local wineries and other places. A delicious home-cooked breakfast was served in kitchen area.

Dave and Donna were knowledgeable, friendly and inviting. They were outstanding hosts and really made us feel at home. This is not your traditional B&B. It was an exciting and fun stay that felt more like a getaway home away from home than anything else. I can't wait to come back again.

If I could give Cedar House ten stars, I would. Don't hesitate to book here, it's an outstanding value.

Room Tip: The vineyard suites are on the distant end of the house near the outdoor area and pool table, and aw...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband & I enjoyed a wonderful overnight stay to celebrate our 25th anniversary in wine country. Cedar House was beyond fantastic; new, spotless, spacious, beautiful rooms, awesome woodwork, fine decor, comfortable great room with a pool table, cozy wine tasting room with an outdoor fire pit, complimentary wine tasting at 6:30, fabulous two-course breakfast, a very homey atmosphere. Donna made great suggestions of wineries to visit & helped plan our day, giving us a discount card to use almost everywhere we went. David arranged for our dinner reservations at a local restaurant, Amanos, and made one of the best breakfasts I have ever had, twice baked potatoes with a hint of sausage, baked with a medley of cheeses, topped with poached eggs.. David & Donna's hospitality was outstanding; they are warm and friendly,truly made us feel at home. We most certainly will go back to Cedar House again & again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I've travelled the world and this is the best B&B that I have ever stayed at - by far. Steve and his wife are gracious hosts and have really built something truly spectacular. Amazing location, great set up and some of the best breakfast that I've ever had. Great for couples getaway. Fire pit in the back yard, vineyard on premises and just super easy to check in/out etc. Highly recommmended!! Also, try Saide Hawkins close by for dinner prepared by the former chef at the White House.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here for just one night and we are already planning our next trip. We stayed in the master suite and let me just say it was the cleanest and nicest place I have ever stayed in. The bathrooms were spotless. The rooms were decorated amazingly. The bed was soooo comfortable. Right when we arrived we met with Dave and Rick and felt welcome immediately. They wanted our stay to be perfect in every way. Dave asked us what kind of food we were looking to have for dinner and had a great suggestion for any choice we would have made. He instantly whipped out his cell phone and we had a reservation in 5 minutes. I might also add that because of his connections we were able to eat an hour earlier than if we had called ourselves. Let me just say we saw a very famous actor at this place as well. Before dinner we had a wine tasting which was basically a fun time where the guests, Rick and Dave all shared funny stories and just chatted. They own their own winery and allowed you to try some of their homegrown wines which were really good. It honestly was like hanging out with all of your good friends with a bottle of wine. Later that night after dinner we all sat out back around a fire and once again just relaxed with some wine. The breakfast in the morning was amazing. There are only a few guests at a time so one might think that they would have some limited selections when it comes to certain things. Not the case. There were I think 6 different fresh juices to choose from as well as about 10 different tea choices and plenty of coffee. The meal looked so good that we took pictures if that tells you anything. Dave knows the area well so if you want to do anything fun in the area like winery tours, sailing, hiking or just going to the beach he has the hook-up. They have beach passes to the local area. Now remember, we only stayed one night but prior to leaving we hugged Rick, Donna and Dave before leaving because we truly felt like we had become friends in that short time. I highly recommend this place and we will be back for sure.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mattituck
Harborfront Inn at Greenport
North Fork Guest House
North Fork Guest House
#1 of 8 in Cutchogue
Stirling House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Cedar House on Sound B&B? Share your experiences!