WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Wow. Best B&B experience that I've ever had” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cedar House on Sound B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mattituck
Cedar House on Sound B&B
Ranked #1 of 2 Mattituck B&B and Inns
“Wow. Best B&B experience that I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I've travelled the world and this is the best B&B that I have ever stayed at - by far. Steve and his wife are gracious hosts and have really built something truly spectacular. Amazing location, great set up and some of the best breakfast that I've ever had. Great for couples getaway. Fire pit in the back yard, vineyard on premises and just super easy to check in/out etc. Highly recommmended!! Also, try Saide Hawkins close by for dinner prepared by the former chef at the White House.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Northport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here for just one night and we are already planning our next trip. We stayed in the master suite and let me just say it was the cleanest and nicest place I have ever stayed in. The bathrooms were spotless. The rooms were decorated amazingly. The bed was soooo comfortable. Right when we arrived we met with Dave and Rick and felt welcome immediately. They wanted our stay to be perfect in every way. Dave asked us what kind of food we were looking to have for dinner and had a great suggestion for any choice we would have made. He instantly whipped out his cell phone and we had a reservation in 5 minutes. I might also add that because of his connections we were able to eat an hour earlier than if we had called ourselves. Let me just say we saw a very famous actor at this place as well. Before dinner we had a wine tasting which was basically a fun time where the guests, Rick and Dave all shared funny stories and just chatted. They own their own winery and allowed you to try some of their homegrown wines which were really good. It honestly was like hanging out with all of your good friends with a bottle of wine. Later that night after dinner we all sat out back around a fire and once again just relaxed with some wine. The breakfast in the morning was amazing. There are only a few guests at a time so one might think that they would have some limited selections when it comes to certain things. Not the case. There were I think 6 different fresh juices to choose from as well as about 10 different tea choices and plenty of coffee. The meal looked so good that we took pictures if that tells you anything. Dave knows the area well so if you want to do anything fun in the area like winery tours, sailing, hiking or just going to the beach he has the hook-up. They have beach passes to the local area. Now remember, we only stayed one night but prior to leaving we hugged Rick, Donna and Dave before leaving because we truly felt like we had become friends in that short time. I highly recommend this place and we will be back for sure.

1 Thank Brian D
Port Jefferson, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

We took a "mini" break out to Mattituck and had such a wonderful experience at the Cedar House. Dave made the most delicious french toast I have ever had! He and Donna and Rick really made us feel at home and delighted us with great stories. Heidi, their beautiful german shepard, was a delight. The wines were fantastic too! We can't wait to go back.

3 Thank TimG2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

The hubby and I only have Mondays off, so we called Cedar house up to see if they could accommodate us for a Monday night.

We arrive early in the morning and there was a very nice gentleman who opened the door for us and greeted us. He let us into this beautiful house and directed us to our room. After we put in our stuff breakfast was served. David (one of the owners) had cooked up a double baked potato for us which was delicious.

We stayed at the courtyard 2. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable too. The one thing I can say is that the pictures of the website do not do this place justice...

We were offered beach passes and passes to near by vineyards. We decided to go to Lenz (you get a free tasting for 2 when you stay at Cedar). We came back to the house at around 6pm to do a free tasting at the Cedar house as well.

The staff is very very friendly and accommodating. Everything was simply perfect.

2 Thank Sara A
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

We had two nights here in early July to finish off our US holiday before driving back to JFK.

The B&B has been recently renovated with great care and attention. There's a big games room/lounge to relax in, a bar at the back for wine tasting and garden at the back overlooking the vineyard.

Dave and Donna are wonderful hosts and the breakfasts are fantastic. It really was a home from home.

Oh, and Dave - if you read this, if a guest asks if the roads will be busy on the 4th July morning for a drive to JFK, just say 'No' :) It only took us 90 minutes and hardly another car on the roads.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank otbc_oz
Mineola, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband surprised me with a trip to the North Fork for our wedding anniversary where we stayed at the Cedar House B&B. Not only is it in a great location, when we pulled up to the Cedar House I was in awe. Dave, Donna and Rick were such amazing and welcoming hosts; we really felt at home. The decor is cozy and just gorgeous. Dave cooked such gourmet and delicious breakfasts. Since we went for our anniversary, Dave helped my husband make the stay like a dream come true, with fresh flowers, a fruit, cheese and meats tray with a bottle of their own wine as soon as we checked in. Also, he helped him book a limo to take us to the vineyards and dinner. Every restaurant Dave and Donna recommended were delicious as well. Everyday was so relaxing and romantic; we woke up, had breakfast in the beautiful kitchen/eating area relaxed, played pool explored the north fork had dinner watched movies, played pool, hung out and had some laughs with the other guests and the staff (the word staff is used lightly because they really treated us more like family), not to mention Heidi, who is their darling dog.
To make a long story short, if you are looking for a relaxing, romantic, fun, different experience where you will eat gourmet food, and sleep in a magical room and spend time with your loved one and meet some great people, this is truly the place to be. Everything about the Cedar House is wonderful, I could be here for hours writing everything we love about this place but just go and you will not be disappointed.
We cannot wait to go back!
Enjoy!!

2 Thank liv g
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband surprised me for my 29th birthday with an overnight trip to the North Fork Vineyards. He discovered Cedar House. Now Cedar House is not your tipical old anitque B&B, its more modern and rustic. But it still has a B&B feeling to it. The whole house just makes you want to relax with a book and a glass of wine. There's even sitting outside in the back of house and the front of house so that you can take in the scenery. Donna and Dave were such great, host. Dave mapped out all the vineyards we should try and suggested places where we should go for lunch. What I loved most about the B&B was how clean the place was our room and overall the whole house, especially the bathrooms. Dave cooked up a delicious breakfast the next morning, had an assortment of teas which I loved. Dave has his own private wine tasting for his guest, but my husband and I were short on time and had to make our dinner reservation therefore we missed Dave's wine tasting. (they have their own vineyard on the grounds) When we got back to the house later that night we noticed Dave left out the wines for us to have own our wine tasting. I thought that was really nice of them. I definitely would love to come back with family and friends. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EscaperNYC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mattituck
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
Sound View Inn
Sound View Inn
#2 of 7 in Greenport
Jedediah Hawkins Inn & Restaurant

Been to Cedar House on Sound B&B? Share your experiences!