“It just isn't that bad”
Review of Mattituck Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mattituck
Mattituck Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mattituck
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We have stayed there once a year for about 5 years. We have found it to be clean and while the owner has in the past to be a little eccentric he has mellowed over the years and is responsive to clients needs. It does not have offic estaff but you know that going in and the price reflects it. If you want to be in the middle of the north fork this is it. It's 12 miles in either direction for anything other than a few exorbitantly priced B & B's.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank charles m

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Need I say more? A motel obviously can not be compared to a "hotel" but this doesn't even compare to an average "motel". Shall we say a "low-tel"?? A hotel has night auditors. However even for a motel they should have staff around the clock, right? But when I called it was passed midnight a man had picked up and before I even finished talking he rudely said "call back business hours" and hung up on me! I'm appalled at the way they presented themselves to a prospective customer before I got any information!! If I called during non business, why did the person pick up the phone then?? The way they present themselves is probably representative of their entire business. Even some homeless shelters provide 24 hours phone service!..

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This place is disgusting! Made reservation for 7/1 to 7/3 2013. When we got there no one from the motel was there to process our reservation, they had an cell# taped to the office door which said to call and someone would come. It took a half hour. The room was the most disgusting rooms I have ever experienced. The curtains were falling off, the sing and refrigerator were stained and smelled, the room itself smelled like it had a chain smoker living in it for the last 50 years, the carpet was tattered and stained. The comforter on the bed looked like it had been there for the last 30 years. The people who gave this place a good rating/review must be the owners family and friends, because no one else would have done so. We got in our car and went to a much better place.

Room Tip: Therer are many good B&B';s in the area, go to them instead.
Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bob M
Reviewed August 17, 2013

In full disclosure - My parents stayed here and I am writing this review based on my personal experiences spending time with them at the motel.

Pros: The location is fantastic! Close to the beach, easy to find, quiet, and full of trees. The office had beach chairs and umbrellas outside available for guests to take with them on their way to the beach. Lots of outdoor seating and picnic tables at the motel for guest use. Plenty of parking. The room was clean, had a small fridge, and suited their needs.

Cons: There was some difficulty checking in (no one in the office, sign indicates to call from phone, phone provided has sign that indicates it is broken, calling hotel from cell goes to full voicemail box). The décor was bizarre. It was expensive for a motel and clearly what you are paying for is being in a beach town in August.

They said they would stay here again, but if there were other options in Mattituck I'm not sure that would be the case.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Kathy S
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Finding a reasonable hotel rate on the East End of Long Island is difficult so imagine how happy I was when I found this old-fashioned, Catskills-type motel in Mattituck close to the beach, restaurants, and the wineries. The owner/manager was so accommodating with quite a bit of Long Island hotel experience, some of which we had in common. The place is so clean with comfortable beds, a/c, fridge and microwave so you can eat your leftovers from all the restaurants you'll want to visit. I loved the two sling chairs out front from which you can watch the cars, bikes and runners go by on their way to the beach which is only a short walk away. This motel is family friendly. Many come year after year to enjoy the beauty of the North Fork of Long Island. I can't wait to go back again when I want to visit family and friends.

Room Tip: My room had a sunrise window with shades. I enjoyed seeing the sun. I didn't check out the oth...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Donna F
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were looking for a 2 night stay July 4-6, 2013. The hotel reported that since it is a holiday they could only book a minimum of 4-7 days. That's a big commitment that unfortunately we could not make.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lazy acres south
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My friend and I went for a October getaway. We needed something inexpensive, clean and close to our favorite winery's . We found the room to be a bit rustic but it was spacious and had a small kitchenette which is all we needed. The Inn keeper Kerry was helpful with directions and made our stay comfortable. He even went out of his way to drive my friend and I out to dinner and came to pick up us late so we could enjoy our night out and not worry drinking and driving. We were so appreciative of it!! I would recommend this motel to any couple or friends looking for a fun weekend getaway. We plan on returning when we go back in the spring.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jeanette K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mattituck
The Blue Inn At North Fork
Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead
Easterner Motel
Easterner Motel
#4 of 8 in Southampton

Been to Mattituck Motel? Share your experiences!