“You're paying for the location and the season”
Review of Mattituck Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mattituck
Mattituck Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mattituck
South Orange, New Jersey
“You're paying for the location and the season”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

In full disclosure - My parents stayed here and I am writing this review based on my personal experiences spending time with them at the motel.

Pros: The location is fantastic! Close to the beach, easy to find, quiet, and full of trees. The office had beach chairs and umbrellas outside available for guests to take with them on their way to the beach. Lots of outdoor seating and picnic tables at the motel for guest use. Plenty of parking. The room was clean, had a small fridge, and suited their needs.

Cons: There was some difficulty checking in (no one in the office, sign indicates to call from phone, phone provided has sign that indicates it is broken, calling hotel from cell goes to full voicemail box). The décor was bizarre. It was expensive for a motel and clearly what you are paying for is being in a beach town in August.

They said they would stay here again, but if there were other options in Mattituck I'm not sure that would be the case.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Kathy S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Finding a reasonable hotel rate on the East End of Long Island is difficult so imagine how happy I was when I found this old-fashioned, Catskills-type motel in Mattituck close to the beach, restaurants, and the wineries. The owner/manager was so accommodating with quite a bit of Long Island hotel experience, some of which we had in common. The place is so clean with comfortable beds, a/c, fridge and microwave so you can eat your leftovers from all the restaurants you'll want to visit. I loved the two sling chairs out front from which you can watch the cars, bikes and runners go by on their way to the beach which is only a short walk away. This motel is family friendly. Many come year after year to enjoy the beauty of the North Fork of Long Island. I can't wait to go back again when I want to visit family and friends.

Room Tip: My room had a sunrise window with shades. I enjoyed seeing the sun. I didn't check out the oth...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Donna F
south shore new york
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were looking for a 2 night stay July 4-6, 2013. The hotel reported that since it is a holiday they could only book a minimum of 4-7 days. That's a big commitment that unfortunately we could not make.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lazy acres south

Travelers are raving about these Mattituck hotels

Babylon, New York
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My friend and I went for a October getaway. We needed something inexpensive, clean and close to our favorite winery's . We found the room to be a bit rustic but it was spacious and had a small kitchenette which is all we needed. The Inn keeper Kerry was helpful with directions and made our stay comfortable. He even went out of his way to drive my friend and I out to dinner and came to pick up us late so we could enjoy our night out and not worry drinking and driving. We were so appreciative of it!! I would recommend this motel to any couple or friends looking for a fun weekend getaway. We plan on returning when we go back in the spring.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jeanette K
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 19, 2012

As beautiful as Eastern Long Island is, I have often avoided it because I experience too many entitled, petite rich people with pretentious attitudes. In general, though, the folks on the North Fork tend to be more real than than those of the South Fork. The owners of the Mattituck Motel, Kerry and Melinda, are Real People who will provide all the basic comforts that you need for an enjoyable stay. Without being intrusive or overbearing, they are the perfect hosts. As soon as we arrived [my wife, son and myself], tired and hungry from our 3 hour drive, Kerry offered to set up a barbecue for us. It had just gotten dark out and while we settled in the room and got ourselves cleaned up, he got the coals going, set up a picnic table, with table cloth and all the utensils and we were in business! munching our burgers and dogs. But check this out: we had come to the area for a wedding the next day that was a bit down the road. Kerry offered to drive us! He even offered to pick us up! And his reasoning was that, maybe we would want to have a couple of drinks at the wedding and we wouldn't have to worry about driving back! I was blown away by his simple display of thoughtfulness. Now how cool is that? As for the accommodations, the rooms are simple but very clean and comfortable. The pillows and mattresses were great, we had A/C, TV, kitchen with stove, fridge, toaster, coffee maker and all the utensils necessary for cooking and eating. Best of all, the beach is two blocks away. It's gorgeous and I don't believe it ever gets crowded with people. No boardwalk or amenities, but we don't care about that. The walk is so short that you can bring your own food. As for shopping, a supermarket, 7/11, Subway, Radio Shack, etc., etc. are 1/2 mile away. If you must have it, there are plenty of nearby restaurants and activities. We only stayed two nights but we're planning to return again soon because, for us, it is a great place to just sit and do nothing but relax.

Room Tip: ask for a cottage with a kitchen
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank MrBill53
Branford, Connecticut
Reviewed September 17, 2012

If you're used to modern hotels and motels, this old gem just might be the change of pace place you can really enjoy. As a well traveled professional musician, I've stayed and played in the best of France, Switzerland, St.Barth's, St. Thomas, cruise ships, etc., and this has to be one of the best little spots my wife and I have stayed in. We got a "cottage" unit..1 br., living-dining, kitchen and bath ...$135.00 a night on a weekend in mid Sept !!! ... two tenths of a mile from the beach and 3/4 a mile from Starbucks and reality. Kerry, the owner, is a great source of info for area restaurants, vineyards, etc...the people next door had a cookout..he brought out the grill, started the charcoal, put a tablecloth on the picnic table and lit the Tiki torches...the grounds have lawn furniture under huge shady trees ...just book it and enjoy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank john h
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed October 11, 2011

The Mattituck Motel was something you would picture out of the mid 1960s. It doesn't pretend to be something that it's not. The location was fine (you need to drive anywhere you want to visit in North Fork - this hotel was not in walking distance to anywhere). I found it strange that I had to mail a check to the owner of the hotel in advance of my stay for the entire amount of my future bill. I found it strange that the bathroom didn't have a towel rack. The owner left the clean towel hanging over the shower curtain rod. The room was clean. The bed was two full size beds combined to make a king size. The bed was comfortable. The hotel room was quiet. There was an AC unit in the wall near the bathroom - it did a good job of cooling the entire room. The owner was kind enough to give us a ride to an event we were running late for, that was something unexpected and very appreciated by us. The price of the hotel was very reasonable for Fall. I'm not sure what the price is during the peak summer months, but I paid less than $200/night - that's about as much as I'd pay to stay here at any point during the year.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank NYHokie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mattituck
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
Sound View Greenport
Sound View Greenport
#2 of 7 in Greenport
Harborfront Inn at Greenport

Been to Mattituck Motel? Share your experiences!