“Best Chinese around”

China Doll Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 41 Restaurants in Massena
Reviewed December 30, 2013

China doll has the best food around, best egg rolls and best won ton soup hands down, my absolute favorite Chinese in the north country

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We went for lunch on a weekday and it was fairly crowded when we arrived which we took as a good sign. The buffet was not very impressive with the usual brown sauce dish assortment so we decided to order off of the menu. The wonton soup was extremely salty with no discernible flavor. Our entrees (pork lo mein and General Tso's Chicken) arrived quickly but were not very good. The Lo Mein was made with ramen noodles and although the veggies were fresh and cooked correctly to tender crisp, the dish as a whole was bland, greasy, and entirely too salty. The chicken dish was also bland, not spicy in any way. The sauce that came with the egg rolls was interesting in that it was orange juice based. This was the one bright spot in the entire meal.
We were underwhelmed with our lunch and definitely will not return. The service was good, but it just can't make up for the really bad food.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

It's not the typical super flashy Chinese restaurant that most people are used to but I think everything on the buffet is delicious. The China Doll used to be not very clean but recently is under new ownership and I find the cleanliness to be perfectly fine now.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The tables are sticky & dirty. Big screen TV showing old sit-coms while you try to dine. Buffett a joke-6-10 items at most on it & none of it any good. Tired, useless waitress.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Now of course there are only three china places in town, and to be fair I've only been to two of them. The buffet is very small but the food is good quality which makes up for not having a big assortment to select from. But I will go back again as the staff are very nice and the menu selections are good. The other china place I've gone to, (A1 ) is a Russian roulette with e coli. It is a buffet with a nice selection but some of the stuff has made me sick, as well as my coworkers. The place needs a remodel that's for sure. The staff are nice, and I have gone there three times, with the last one where I got sick. That's it for me, as I don't know which item I ate that was bad. It's to bad, as it could be a great place. From the broken glass window in front that's never been fixed to the dingy atmosphere, it seams to let you know, enter at your own risk.