“Slamming Doors, Bugs in Room!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Massena
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I was here on business and chose this hotel, as there aren't many choices in the area. I (and everyone else) stayed on the first floor because there was work being done on the second floor. Anytime anyone walked out their door, it would SLAM behind them - very loud!! When I got back to the hotel after a long day of work, it seemed like I heard a SLAM every 45 seconds. The worst was in the morning; doors started SLAMming and waking me up before 5am. It was maddening. It would be pretty simple to eliminate this problem... management should have figured this out by now. Also, I found a sizeable spider in my room, and there were some cobwebs near the bed and corners. Disgusting - I'd rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JamieLynn2158
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for your review. I appreciate you taking the time to pass along your comments. I am very sorry for the disturbances you and your family endured. I will look into this matter for you. If you wish to follow up with me personally please don't hesitate to contact me.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We have been staying at this hotel for years and many room have been nightly updated. For the past several years, we have stayed on the 4th floor and there are employees living in the east wing. We have repeatedly been woken up in the am from kids screeching down the halls, banging on the walls, riding motorized vehicles up and down. Including being woken up on Christmas morning. We come from the west coast and rise later in the am, but this shouldn't matter as the above is unprofessional and really unacceptable. I complain to the front desk every year and they say they will speak to the family. This year another of our relatives was also on the 4th floor and said they were "doorbell ditched ". Really? Saw the kids running down the hall after loudly knocking on their door. Those children should not be allowed to roam the hallways.

Room Tip: 4th floor is noisy with kids
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Debi L
Reviewed January 7, 2013

When the toilet flooded - in a big way - I called down to the front desk and was told to come down and get a plunger. No concern, no apology, no offer to have a hotel maintenance employee come take a look at it. Not even an offer to take the plunger up the elevator. Just an irritated demand that I come down and remedy the problem myself.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank dodgerblue7
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

My sincerest apology for this incident. Absolutely inexcusable and unacceptable. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss this issue.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

My son and I stayed one night during a visit to a local college. Overall, the hotel was ok, but perhaps a bit expensive for the value. The rooms were a bit noisy - not that well sound proofed. The hotel/room could use some updating, but were reaonably clean. The breakfast was average to above average; a decent selection of food (including make your own waffles), but the quality of the food was mediocre. The breakfast area was also somewhat cramped and crowded. Overall, the place seemed ok for a one night stay, but I wouldn't want to book it for several nights.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you for your review. I appreciate the feedback, and be assured, we will continue to improve the hotel with your help and that of all our guests. Hope to see again soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times and I have always found it to be a nice, clean, and quiet place to stay. Its not a 5 Star hotel, but it has everything that you need. They've upgraded the tv's to new flat screens. The rooms are nothing fancy, but they are clean, and I really like that they have a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The restaurant at the hotel is good as well. The staff is very friendly and willing to help. I'd recommend it if your in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank mlowder500
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed two separate times three weeks apart. First visit was above average room on the 4th floor was clean, neat, everything in tip top shape. Yes the doors are loud when closing. The restaurant is convenient and food is OK with ample portions for the price but it is also a major bar in town and part of the lobby and bathrooms give the appearance it gets a rather rough crowd. Free hot breakfast service is OK.

Second visit was in room on the third floor and wall paper was peeling, thermotsat could not be adjusted, and mattresses were uncomfortable though pillows and bedding were fine. .

Staff during each visit was friendly and helpful. Nice size (for a hotel room) fridge and microwave in both rooms worked fine and comp coffee in lobby a nice touch.

Room Tip: Fourth floor seems to have been remodeled.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for your review. I appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion. I hope we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Sorry I can't agree with these reviews. This hotel needs major updating. The smell in the hallways and rooms were terrible. The room was very old looking and felt dirty. The towels in the bathroom were very thin and small. My husband is 6'5" and it was like a hand towel for him. I was using my blow dryer and the plug kept falling out of the outlet. We stayed on the first floor and heard doors banging closed at night. The reason we stayed is there were no rooms available in Potsdam or Canton. I was there for family weekend for Potsdam Univ.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank momofnaha
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

I'm sorry to read of your disappointment with our hotel. We want all of our guests to feel comfortable when staying with us and I'm sorry we failed you in that regard. We have made many improvements in the hotel in the last four years and I believe that's reflected in the mostly positive feedback we receive on a daily business. There is definitely more to be done and we'll continue to work hard to see all projects through to completion. I apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort you endured. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have any further concerns about your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Massena
Econo Lodge
Best Western Parkway Inn & Conference Centre
Ramada Cornwall
Ramada Cornwall
#2 of 12 in Cornwall

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!