“Nice Clean Hotel”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Massena
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times and I have always found it to be a nice, clean, and quiet place to stay. Its not a 5 Star hotel, but it has everything that you need. They've upgraded the tv's to new flat screens. The rooms are nothing fancy, but they are clean, and I really like that they have a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The restaurant at the hotel is good as well. The staff is very friendly and willing to help. I'd recommend it if your in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank mlowder500
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed two separate times three weeks apart. First visit was above average room on the 4th floor was clean, neat, everything in tip top shape. Yes the doors are loud when closing. The restaurant is convenient and food is OK with ample portions for the price but it is also a major bar in town and part of the lobby and bathrooms give the appearance it gets a rather rough crowd. Free hot breakfast service is OK.

Second visit was in room on the third floor and wall paper was peeling, thermotsat could not be adjusted, and mattresses were uncomfortable though pillows and bedding were fine. .

Staff during each visit was friendly and helpful. Nice size (for a hotel room) fridge and microwave in both rooms worked fine and comp coffee in lobby a nice touch.

Room Tip: Fourth floor seems to have been remodeled.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for your review. I appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion. I hope we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Sorry I can't agree with these reviews. This hotel needs major updating. The smell in the hallways and rooms were terrible. The room was very old looking and felt dirty. The towels in the bathroom were very thin and small. My husband is 6'5" and it was like a hand towel for him. I was using my blow dryer and the plug kept falling out of the outlet. We stayed on the first floor and heard doors banging closed at night. The reason we stayed is there were no rooms available in Potsdam or Canton. I was there for family weekend for Potsdam Univ.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank momofnaha
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

I'm sorry to read of your disappointment with our hotel. We want all of our guests to feel comfortable when staying with us and I'm sorry we failed you in that regard. We have made many improvements in the hotel in the last four years and I believe that's reflected in the mostly positive feedback we receive on a daily business. There is definitely more to be done and we'll continue to work hard to see all projects through to completion. I apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort you endured. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have any further concerns about your stay.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Rooms are clean with 1970s style decor. Fitness room has very good equipment. Staff was friendly and helpful. Dars restaurant has decent food and is accessible through the lobby. My only complaint is that the doors on the first floor close loudly, very loudly. Be prepared to hear what sounds like slamming doors (or small explosions) regularly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for your response. I apologize for the door issue and hope it wasn't too inconvenient for you. We are looking at several solutions for this.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

The hotel is quite nice. The rooms are well maintained and clean and the people are quite pleasant. The beds and pillows are very comfortable. In the rooms are a fridge, a microwave oven and a coffee machine. There is also complementary coffee in the lobby. There is a small exercise room with approximately 6 good quality machines, but there is no pool. There is an excellent breakfast that they describe as continental, but it includes scrambled eggs, bacon, good quality juice, yogurt, waffles, donuts, etc. The price is fairly reasonable (For two queen beds - around $100).

There is not a lot to do in Massena, so this hotel is probably used mainly as a stop off point to other destinations. There are a few small resaurants near by, including one attached to the hotel. There are also a couple chain resaurants such as Pizza Hut and Ponderosa.

My only complaints about this hotel relates to the noise. You are only few feet from the road, but the traffic volume fairly low. Most annoying is that the doors are always slamming in the hallway, disturbing you during the day and waking you up during the night. They really need to install something to slow down the doors.

Overall, this hotel rates an 8 on 10.

Room Tip: Try negotiating a lower price before checking in.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Glen007_11
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We appreciate you taking the time to comment, and hope you'll stay again the next time you are in Massena!

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Stayed over one night with friends while traveling. Everything seemed to be quite good; Rooms were clean as expected, fresh linens, etc. I could comment a little on the overall neatness of the hotel, which for the most part was good, but then I would I think I was "nitpicking". Continental breakfast was more than I expected, with eggs, bacon, waffle maker, and many choices of cereal, fresh fruit and Pastry. Lobby was very nice with tv, and hot coffee around the clock. We arrived after 8:00pm on a Sunday, and "Dar's" was already closed. Sadly, the area around the Inn has seen better times, and most places to eat were also closed for the evening.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank derayjr
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. I appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know how we are doing. Yes, Dar's is closed on Sundays, so I'm sorry you missed out on the great food she serves. Maybe next time! Best wishes from everyone at the Quality Inn!

Reviewed April 2, 2012

We had a quiet night at this hotel. Our room only had 1 double bed, which was up against a wall, so it wasn't roomy around the bed, but the rest of the room was an okay size for 2 people. Everything was well maintained and working. Breakfast was quite good, with lots of choices, including hot scrambled eggs and bacon, as well as the usual continental offerings. The restaurant attached to the hotel offered a lot of choices for dinner, and the servings were quite large. We'd definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BarbLH
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Thank you for your kind words, and for sharing it on Trip Advisor. We appreciate receiving feedback from our guests and hope to see you back with us again real soon! Happy Travelling.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Massena
Econo Lodge
Best Western Parkway Inn & Conference Centre
Ramada Cornwall
Ramada Cornwall
#2 of 12 in Cornwall

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!