“Ok, nothing fantastic.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2014

No one was around when we entered, had to call out several times before we were acknowledged. We asked to sit closer to the door due to a member of our party being elderly and had to ask again when they tried to take us to one of the tables in the back. Server did not make eye contact or smile and made us feel like she was being put out when we asked for a few more minutes to decide what we wanted. Food was ok. Garlic bread was very hard. Bread basket was nice, but the "veggie plate" had carrots, hot peppers and small, hard pieces of toast with crushed black olives spread onto it. Couldn't eat any of it because the juices from the hot peppers soaked into the rest of the food on the plate. $2 for one very small glass of soda that was mostly ice, don't get a refill or you get charged another $2. Asked for easy on the sauce for the chicken parm and it was swimming in sauce when it came. Server only checked on us once. Chicken parm, kids chicken fingers, 3 slices of garlic bread and two drinks (four if you count being charged for a refill) was $44.

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We tried this place twice so to give it a fair shake.
First the lot & building & neighborhood are beat... You go in and the decor is from the 80's of earlier.
Great service
We tried the calamari - best around! Fresh cut fresh cocktail sauce...
Next homemade spaghetti & meatballs- pasta not great / sauce old and tired/ meatball very good!
The bread they serve is outstanding!!!
We also had the chicken Francois
Very very good- light loved the spinach but the chicken was not pounded thin like I like it.
Our last trip I had the lasagne - very good! Of course we had the calamari again- excellent !
We had the fish du jo ur - a cod dish - the best tasting flakiness fish I've had in ages!!
Wine good
Beers cold!
Service great!

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Tired of chain restaurants and want to enjoy a family owned Italian restaurant then this is the place. Ross and Dominic Violi will greet you like family and you will be treated to a wonderful meal. The Beef Gorgonzola is my wife's favorite while I have too many from many favorites to list. The restaurant is closed on Mondays.

2  Thank Scott A
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We went to this restaurant because of the great reviews. That was a big mistake. When we got to the restaurant we waited for about 3 min with our one year old because both waitress where in the back talking. They give you bread while you are waiting for your meal which was cold and it didn't help the butter was cold and hard. I got the Pollo Speciale which is peppered chicken , lobster claws in a brady cream sauce. When I got my meal it cream sauce was cold you could tell it had been sitting there and it does say lobster claws but what I got was pieces of lobster claw and the one that looked like a claws was in half. I asked the waitress what happened to the lobster meat she couldn't even answer the other waitress came over and said to me that the claws are in pieces because they get some as big as her hand and so its lobster claw pieces not lobster claw and said she was sorry that I was missed informed well if you are going to say LOBSTER CLAW THEN it should be a CLAW NOT PICES and I spent 25 dollars on that meal. I was very upset. Then my husband got the Fettuccine con Salmon Affumicate which was smoked salmon caper chive cream sauce all I can say is YUCK!!! the cream sauce tasted like MAYO it was so GROSS. After tell the waitress this they do nothing even know they know we are not happy. On top of them doing nothing I order my 1yr daughter spaghetti and all I asked for was some butter on the noodles and parm cheese. They come out with it and I dumped the oil from the bowl on to the plate under it and it almost covered the plate it was gross it looked liked the noodles had sat out for and hour and stiff all of that came to 8.95 for old Spaghetti and cheese. Price and place overrated just beware never again!!!!

1  Thank Leann W
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Sadly, Violi's Restaurant seems to be feeling the decline in our economy. The decor is outdated, and the bathroom is terrible!!!! The last time we visited, the ladies room toilet was about to fall through the weakened floor it was barely attached to.

The food was very good and I don't even mind the cheesy early 80's decor. I just have issues with restaurant bathrooms and cleaning being ignored by the owners. Diming the lights doesn't help hide the flaws.

I would hope that after being in business for 50 years that owners would do some needed repairs in order to attract more clients.

I know I would go back! The food is very delicious indeed!!!!

1  Thank gina33166