“Decent food at good prices”
Review of Dar's Place - CLOSED

Dar's Place
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We just had some bar fare (appetizers), which was pretty good, as were the prices and portions. Staff was friendly, place was clean, needs a few repairs here and there but nothing enough to keep us from going back. Will try dinner next time.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

One of my favorites. Good bar food and full menu items as well. Good prices as well. Not something that you would appreciate if you had to travel real far to get to but if local, worth a try.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I was on a business trip last October and being new to the town had no idea where to go. One of my friends who works Border Patrol had suggested Dar's. Our group ate there and while the food was satisfactory one group of diners was very annoying. A woman in their party kept calling people on her cell phone and discussing Pogo (a game site on the internet). It appears that she had a running online feud with some others. We asked the waitress to notify management over their rude and loud display of arrogance. Management asked them to quiet down and for a time they complied. But the woman was now pissed at the manager we watched in horror as she bent the flat ware and tried to start the window curtains on fire. They finally left and we followed them outside to get a plate number. Their car was from Canada. We took the number down and provided it to the management after showing them the scorched curtains.

I think our visit would have been much more pleasant had the rude woman not been a part of our experience

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Dar's place is a decent restaurant in a village that is hurting for decent restaurants. I found the food to be a little pricey for what it is, The Prime rib is sometimes more like roast beef but the French onion soup I thought was delicious as was the "Wayne Burger". The Wayne Burger isn't on the menu so you will have to ask for it by name.

1  Thank independentrider1
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Tried it out for the first time today based on the other reviews. The burger was great, juicy, and big. The fries were hot so the salt would stick to them, (came unsalted). The wife had the special which was the buffalo wrap with potato salad. I tried her wrap and its was very good. Just enough heat that snuck up on you, but not that you need to call the fire department. The potato salad was so-so, as indicated in my other review on the lack of seasoning. But was the best I've had in town so far. I will definitely be going again. The waitress was very nice and the food came out quickly. It is one of the best places to eat in town!