“Great”

Best Western Bar Harbour Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Massapequa Park
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Good value in the Long Island area. Central location, good neighborhood with pleny of restaurants and shops close by. Impressed by the cleanliness and the desk staff. Very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Will definately stay again when in the L.I. area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We were taking a tour of Maine, with another couple on motorcycles, and booked a couple of nights at this Best Western. We were greated by a friendly staff, who were extremely helpful. We knew, coming in, that we had booked late and had to move from one room to another, during our stay, because they were full. Waking up the next morning we were told that our stay was taken care of and we didn't have to move to a different room after all. That was done without even having to ask. Those are the things that make you appreciate where you stay. The rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable. While this is not walking distance to town there is a free bus service. We will definitely chose this Best Western on our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Hotel was arranged for a wedding party for out of town guests.We arrived via LIRR from Manhattan and actually walked the mile to the hotel pretty quickly. It was a good location and much better than the last time I stayed here a few years ago. They renovated and updated the entire hotel. Beds were really comfortable. Room had a refrigerator which was nice. We missed the complimentary breakfast, but a friend said it was good. Things were not so smooth with the wedding plans, but I cant blame that on the hotel. Rates quoted were wrong, shuttle service info was not given to the hotel so the front desk had no idea about the times. Not the hotels fault.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel is fine esp. for the price. However, their customer service and housekeeping leaves something to be desired. During the end of my stay my room wasn't cleaned at all. My floor was dirty, the trash had not been dumped. The bathroom was the not even touched. House keeping put the new towels next to the old ones on the dirty tub and rack. When I went to check out Nothing was done, no compensation. Rooms need updating.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I placed room blocks with this hotel for my wedding in June. I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel. The majority of my out of town guests stayed here and I also stayed here with my husband the weekend of our wedding. The rooms are clean, the staff is so friendly and accomodating, and the continental breakfast was great (bagels, muffins, eggs, toast, fruit, etc.). Where else could you stay on Long Island that offers free wi-fi, free continental breakfast, a free business center with free printing capabilities, and friendly service at such a great price! I would definitely stay here again and I would highly recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Melissa H
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed here for our daughter's wedding and found it to be a great experience. Though I had to move three times (my fault for booking the room so late) they went above and beyond to find me a room. The rooms were comfortable, clean and the maid service great!. Close to shops, restaurants and the mall. Other members of our family stayed there and had nothing but good things to say about their stay. Going back in December and will definitely book with them again! I recommend this hotel

Room Tip: The suites are a great value for the money. Large and comfortable
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Edna C
Reviewed June 8, 2012

It is hard to find good value on Long Island. I travel for a living and it is usually very hard to find a room that is clean, comfortable and at a good price. I don't ever spend a lot of time in a room. Mostly just to sleep. They had a great breakfast in the morning to send me on my way. I have stayed in much nicer hotels but for a road warrior like me this place is one I would go back to because it was a good value for the price.

Room Tip: They have interior rooms that are probably much quieter. I had an exterior room and it was fine but...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Courtyard Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale
Best Western Mill River Manor
Best Western Mill River Manor
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre

Been to Best Western Bar Harbour Inn? Share your experiences!