“Better Than I Remember”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #52 of 122 Restaurants in Massapequa
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We haven't been here in a few years. My memories are of a place with long waits, noisy children and amateurish service. Our visit Wednesday evening was better. Seated immediately, we were placed at a small table within arms length of a large and noisy family table. We asked to be relocated and were placed at a booth a little farther away. Our waiter was a friendly fellow who, despite our requests, continually addressed us as "you guys". One of my pet peeves. My wife ordered a glass of wine and I asked him to run the beer list for me. He recited the list and finished with three "domestics", Corona, Heineken and Peroni. It's a shrinking world I guess. I ordered a Samuel Adams Seasonal only to have him return to tell me that they were out. Settled on a regular Sam Boston Lager. A bowl of salad and breadsticks appeared and were not bad. My entree of braised beef and tortelloni was tasty. A little short on rib meat but the stuffed pasta was delicious. My wife's seafood entree Seafood Brodetto, sort of a stew, was described by her as good. We wanted glasses of water to go with our meals, but after delivering our entrees, our waiter disappeared. I finally eyeballed him chatting with a couple of female waitresses. Why they were all chatting was a mystery as the room seemed pretty full. The prices for both the drinks and meals were very reasonable.

Bottom line: Still amateurish service, decent food for the money and a few notches better than my memories of past visits. It's still the sort of place for families on a budget, so sitting near broods of noisy kids is still part of the deal.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Plenty of delicious food with a great big salad and wonderful bread sticks. Wine is also good and the service is great.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This Olive Garden did have long lines, but of course it was Friday night. I didn't feel like waiting since line was out the door. i did come back on Monday night, and it was fairly crowded with families, but there was no line. We were seated right away, and our waitress was most attentive. The service was great, and of course the food was good. Our waitress stopped by very frequently to check on us, which is always very pleasant. Overall, I couldn't ask for more.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had tried to eat here on two other occaisions (both on weekends) and saw there were long waiting times. I refuse to wait for chain restaurants. This time we tried it on a Monday night and were seated immediately. Service is fairly slow and inattentive. It took about 15 minutes to bring the soup. Waitress rarely stopped by to see if we wanted anything. Main courses were mixed. My Venetian Apricot Chicken was very good and my wife had a shrimp dish that was very bland. The desserts were pretty good, but my espresso was cold. The price was reasonable, but I would never wait on line to eat here.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

inedible food, horrible service. inexplicable long waits. probably the worst eating experience i have ever had in the united states