“Great food, but needs some attention...”
Review of Big Daddys

Big Daddys
Ranked #4 of 122 Restaurants in Massapequa
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Big Daddy's in Massapequa is a trip into New Orleans that might be just a little more gritty than necessary. If you've been to the Big Easy, you know the town has a great pulse all its own, and a strong tradition. Big Daddy's captures that essence really well. The vibe and the food are terrific. The place was packed with revelers. the wait was long for a table, but we were told accurately. That's acceptable. We were walked through the kitchen to get to our table - that was surprising, and afforded a look around. The kitchen was spotless. The food was delicious. Andouille sausage with a cooling slaw app, chicken fried steak with incredible goat cheese grits. Yummy. Service was a little rushed, due to the crowd waiting no doubt. I hate when folks try to take my plate away while I'm literally still in it, fork in hand. The place is fun though - here's the personal rub for me: it's filthy. Not the kitchen, to be fair. But the public space. Sticky bar, dirty floor, downright disgusting ladies room. For that reason alone, I might not return. What a shame.

1  Thank SuperMom213

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Definitely does Cajun well! Jambalaya was spicy and made you feel like you were sitting in New Orleans. Relaxed atmosphere with good food. We will surly be returning!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had lunch at Big Daddy's and rerally enjoyed it. It's the closest thing to the Big Easy north of the Mason Dixon line. I had a small Gumbo and Jambalaya. Both were delicious and hot. My wife has the smoked ribs which were also good. The restaurant is plain, but reflects the New Orleans look. The food was plentiful as we took half of it home which was enough for a full meal. It was very quiet at lunch time which made it leisurely and let us take our time.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Had dinner there on Saturday night with friends who frequent Big Daddys (first time for my husband and me). Waitress was excellent (bus boys looked angry but did a good job). Hurricanes are excellent! Food was plentiful and very good. I had the crawfish etuffee (sp?). It was very good, but not like the New Orleans version. Others at the table had the chicken fried steak (very good) and Mahi Mahi (good). Dessert (brownie pie and toll house pie) were very good. Nice casual place for dinner that isn't afraid to use some spice in their cooking. Would go again.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

This cozy neighborhood find, is AMAZING!!!!! If your looking for great cajun, bbq, food, great drinks, and a fun atmosphere, you found it!!! If you like spicy, try their collard greens and a choking doberman! Thats my FAVORITE!!! They have live music also! Check their website for daily specials and band lineup. ENJOY!!!!