“Service Sucks!”

Singleton's Seafood Shack
Ranked #81 of 122 Restaurants in Massapequa
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I wish I had a chance to rate the food in this place, but if anyone had even bothered to take our drink order after waiting 17 whole minutes for someone to come to our table I would be able to.
I was looking forward to a nice seafood dinner on the beach with my daughters after a long summer, but I didn't even get a chance at this place. I counted FIVE waitresses that walked by our table with just a glance. One waitress with glasses was just standing up against a pole by the kitchen doing nothing with her hands in the pocket of her blue apron for a while. A man with a blue uniform shirt talked to the waitress and they both looked over, but again NADA.
The worst part it wasn't even busy!! 7pm on a Wednesday after Labor Day weekend. Give me a break!
I finally had to walk out. I couldn't believe it. I've never seen anything like it in my life. It was pathetic and everyone who worked there looked miserable.
Shame on the management here!

Never again, your customer service sucks.

3  Thank Sarstps72

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Overall a nice spot to enjoy a drink after a day at the beach or bike ride along the coast. Drinks are what you would expect, nothing fancy but better than what remain in your cooler after after day in the sand. Food is simple any typical Mexican/bar snacks. In my opinion cocktails are slightly pricey but I guess it's a cover charge for view of the bay at sunset.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Ordered the seafood tower. Not sure if everything in the menu is this terrible, but you can bet I won't try and find out. The wait staff never asked how our meal was. I am sure they must already know and don't want to deal with it.

2  Thank Road_Trip_Lovers
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The view is great, the service good, but the food is just average and a bit overpriceed. We went for lunch and for a shared appetizer (so-so fried calamari), 2 entrees and one glass of wine the bill w/o tip came to $73.. Also, the $25 lobster roll was tasteless and had just claw meat on a tasteless bun....Go somewhere else!

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Pretty view of the Bay. Outdoor eating with lots of umbrellas. The name says shack so I didn't expect much. Beet salad not only beautiful but delicious. Baked clams nice and also delicious. Chilean Sea Bass also beautiful plated and very delicious and hot. Husband had ribs. He lived then. No dessert tonight. Service left a lot to be desired Asked for bread 5 times before the delicious rolls were actually served. Husband asked for water and extra napkins at least 5 times before we got them. Very young staff not properly trained to make customers happy. Sorry.... We both lived our dinner choices however. Would have had a higher rating if not for the poor service.

1  Thank Yayaof7