Holiday Inn Express Queens - Maspeth
$189
ComfortInn
City View Inn(Long Island City)
$227
$129
Red Carpet Inn(Brooklyn)
$145
Travelocity
Days Inn Long Island City(Long Island City)
$152
Bogart Hotel(Brooklyn)
$179
Wyndham Garden Laguardia South(Rego Park)(Great Value!)
$159
  • Restaurant
The Paper Factory Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
HotelQuickly
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Fitness center
All reviewsnew yorkfree breakfast in the morningclean hotelfresh fruitmanhattanneighborhoodcabuber
Reviewed September 7, 2010

High quality for what was once a budget chain -- very high quality linens and comfortable beds; very good service at the desk; business center was great for printing directions; breakfast was plentiful and relatively decent; parking was free and even on-street parking seemed pretty safe; right on 495 so driving there is easy, though the highway noise was almost not there/unheard. Downsides -- too far from the subway stops to make it very usable, and not much in walkable distance for food and local color. But if you have a car, the city is close by, and we found parking in other parts of Brooklyn easy and free, so once you leave this hotel's immediate area, the world is your oyster. And we made an easy twenty-minute drive to a nice public beach at Jones point/ Ft. Tilden -- don't miss this.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jofawan
Reviewed August 24, 2010

This hotel looks new from outside and in the lobby, but the staff must not be doing a very good job of cleaning it. There was a lot of black mold in the bathtub and surrounding the toilet. Disgusting! But that's not the worst problem.

If you stay here, you better hope that you do not get placed in the room with the blinding, baseball stadium-type light shining directly into it. Because if you do, there is no way to get out of that room and you will not get any sleep.

The room over the entry to the hotel has a gigantic spotlight shining directly into it which makes it impossible to sleep. When I checked in, I noticed the problem IMMEDIATELY, and asked to be assigned to another room. Instead of being assigned to another room, I was told that every room had that problem and that I just had to live with it. (A lie.)

To make matters worse, upon checkout, I mentioned the light to another clerk at the hotel and she denied any knowledge of the light - adding insult to injury. Both staff members gave me contradictory information about the room - one told me that it was useless to change rooms because all of the rooms had a bright light shining inside, while the other denied any knowledge of the light whatsoever. Judging from each of their immediate, defensive reactions, it seemed that both had dealt with this complaint in the past. What is disturbing is that neither of them had a response making a customer feel welcomed at the hotel.

It kills me that the hotel clerk had the power and opportunity to make my stay pleasant - by moving me to another room - but chose not to. I travel a lot on business and for pleasure and have never encountered such treatment. The message that the staff sent to me was: (1) the customer is not right, and (2) my comfort is not of their concern.

That wasn't my only problem with their hospitality. I requested a crib for my child and was told that they could not get it to my room until 11 pm. I paid close to $200 to spend the night here and could not get a crib for my child to sleep in before 11 pm? Outrageous.

It was clear to me that the comfort of customers is not a priority of anyone I encountered during my stay. I am awaiting a response from the hotel chain to find out if Holiday Inn Express cares to address this issue or if they will just look the other way.

One more thing to consider. The neighborhood surrounding the hotel is full of abandoned warehouses. A few blocks away, we saw people smoking crack outside on the street and saw people buying drugs in their cars.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank EllaGenY
Milanhiex, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Queens - Maspeth, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2010

none of our bathrooms have black molds. but there are few rooms which has iron rust, and they are very negligeble and not harmful. about the bright lights, there are flood lights to lit up the parking lot and the building for our guest safety but for that, there are 2 curtains on window which definately wont allow any light to come in the building. For my front desk representative attitude, I'll surely love to have a word with you before taking any specific actions against them.
i do apologize for the crib too, as if it would have been a prior request before arrival we would have surely done it but again I am not aware of the whole situation and if the request is made upon arrival the we have to wait for house man to come in to do it.
do appologize for the inconvenience you had.
would see on to the matter, if had a chance to talk with you
Sincerely yours,
Parth
Front desk manager
Holiday Inn Express
59-40 55th road,
Maspeth,NY 11378

Reviewed July 21, 2010

Delightful experience from checking in to checking out. Incredible staff provided excellent service. The hotel was Clean, Cozy and Comfortable. The hotel is just outside the city in a quite and romantic location. Overall it was an awesome experience and this was one of the BEST HOTELS in New York.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Prayash9
Reviewed July 14, 2010

I had a great time at this hotel! I visited New York for a couple of days with some of my friends and from all the hotels i looked into i decided to stay at this location. It is in a very convenient location and only 15 minutes away from the city, what can be usefull if you have a bunch of girls going out every night. The rooms were spacious and the frontdesk was helpfull in regards to recommendations to restaurants and other entertainment.

Would defenitely come back to this location and would recommended to all of my friends that are coming from out of state.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2010

See clearly the mail they sendig you, since they will cheat in mail which will confuse . Suppose by mistake if this hotel booked, when you check-in the hotel don't believe any words given by reception and ask for wrritern satements. Becos they are cheating ppls.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends